• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
///Ride Report///
Okay, the verdict is in, the TC4080 laced up to a 18x1.40 rim running an IRC 2.75-18 TR1 is the shit on my Bomber. Couple of things Pops and I noticed instantly. WOT from dead stop, the TC4080 pulls harder than the 5404, noticeably. With the 5404, WOT hot off the charger, running 43MPH, using about 3500 watts continues, with the TC4080, using 2600 watts continues going 44-45MPH. Eddy resistance (cogging) on the TC4080 is way way less than the 5404. We can easily pedal the TC4080 in 7th gear on the flat no problems. The 5404 was good for 5th gear under pedal power only. Power delivery, I don't know if its because the TC has almost twice as many magnets and poles as the 5404, but throttle response is way more precise. Bottom line, the TC4080 is better than the 5404 in all areas, only disadvantage is the TC4080 will heat up a little quicker than the 5404. At a loss of 12+ pounds on the rear wheel, this is something I can live wiht. BTW, handles like a totally different bike now.

Have you tried hill climb / soft terrain to see how it handles that? Be interested to hear....

1abv said:
Rix said:
///Ride Report///
Okay, the verdict is in, the TC4080 laced up to a 18x1.40 rim running an IRC 2.75-18 TR1 is the shit on my Bomber. Couple of things Pops and I noticed instantly. WOT from dead stop, the TC4080 pulls harder than the 5404, noticeably. With the 5404, WOT hot off the charger, running 43MPH, using about 3500 watts continues, with the TC4080, using 2600 watts continues going 44-45MPH. Eddy resistance (cogging) on the TC4080 is way way less than the 5404. We can easily pedal the TC4080 in 7th gear on the flat no problems. The 5404 was good for 5th gear under pedal power only. Power delivery, I don't know if its because the TC has almost twice as many magnets and poles as the 5404, but throttle response is way more precise. Bottom line, the TC4080 is better than the 5404 in all areas, only disadvantage is the TC4080 will heat up a little quicker than the 5404. At a loss of 12+ pounds on the rear wheel, this is something I can live wiht. BTW, handles like a totally different bike now.

Have you tried hill climb / soft terrain to see how it handles that? Be interested to hear....

Just some little steep stuff. Nothing that would get even a H3540 hot. This summer, Pops will have a hill climb ride report for me, its 1100 feet elevation gain in about 1.5 miles, all steep single track, Right now, that area is covered in snow, so figure June.

robohead said:
Rix said:
robohead said:
Anybody know the default CA values for shunt and amps? I dialed mine up2max awhile ago per some post I saw in this thread. Now I'm only getting 12 or so miles per charge and want to dial it back down a bit.
Do you have the CA V2.25, 2.3 or 3?[/
Rix looks like it's the CA 2.25
I dialed it up to 99A a few months ago. I think it was like 65A originally. I completely forget the shunt value. Stock motor,bat and controller still.

I got a list somewhere with values for that version, let me find it. Just so you know, R shunt values are set per individual bike from the factory, settings vary from bike to bike.

Rix said:
1abv said:
Rix said:
///Ride Report///

Just some little steep stuff. Nothing that would get even a H3540 hot. This summer, Pops will have a hill climb ride report for me, its 1100 feet elevation gain in about 1.5 miles, all steep single track, Right now, that area is covered in snow, so figure June.

coolio look forward to it...

Rix said:
Hey, 3 years ago next month, we were riding in Yosemite :lol:
Damn, time flies! We're due for a rematch! :mrgreen:

one4torque said:
I can't help but wonder how a stealth bomber would ride with a 250cc 2stk? <<<<<<flame suit on>>>>>> <runs for cover>
You have to be curious?

giphy.gif

:p

one4torque said:
No love for the BRAAAP!...

I got my SHenko on the Alpha. Fits like a glove.
I have to confess, this build is totally ripped from another forum member.... right down to the cranks, tire.

Actually the whole bike is ripped from Stealth.

one4torque said:
werd TV werd.

Hope to ride it this weekend! all parts are here...... just need to figure out the mounting for the crytalyte controller, then E-BRAAP!

I can't wait to hear about your set up. Bike looks great. Keep in mind you may need a 1/2" freewheel extender/spacer like this one to get proper alignment with that TC3080, and for the chain to clear the side of the tire. http://lunacycle.com/motors/hub-motor-accessories/1-2-inch-free-wheel-spacer-for-hub-motors/

one4torque said:
Quigley Motorsports - UPDATE

Stealth contacted him and he said he would contact reach out to the customers that he is holding their money since Nov last year.

I have heard nothing.

I've sent him email, msg through his website, and msg through facebook. And nothing.

I'm going to give the local police a ring and get this off center.

Only reason I'm posting this is to help the community avoid getting scammed like it did.

AVOID QUIGLEY MOTORSPORTS. Please pass this on to the Stealth community, face-book, etc.....

I'm not talking about $50 us either.. this is over $1000 USD.

====================
Dear South Australia Police,

I am writing you in hopes I can get some help with a matter of a purchase I made over the internet with a business called Quigley Motorsports in Nov 2015.

Per attached reciepts (paypal) i've made 2 payments late last year, and seller has stopped contact with me, and has failed to deliver the goods.

The business is Quigley Motorsports.
Link below:
http://www.quigleymotorsport.com

Quigley Motorsport - Quigley Motorsport
Quigley Motorsport strives to provide the highest qualtiy products and service.

11/21/15 - I sent $1069 AUS
Quigley said I needed to send add'l payment for shipping, so on
11/25/15 - I sent $412.30 AUS for shipping.

The items purchased from his website are:
1 x Quigley Motorsport Gen 2.1 kickstand assembly,
1 x Quigley Motorsport mudguard assembly,
1 x Stealth workshop stand and
1 x Stealth key ring thank you. Calculated freight including international tracking (2 packages) is $322.30AU (approx 231.25US).

Since I paid through paypal, I disputed the payment of $1069 AUS in early Jan.... but Lincoln Quigley contacted me as said to release his funds and he would send the product.... I trusted him, cancelled the claim, and I have not heard from him since. Now paypal says tough luck... once you make a claim and then close it.. there is no further recourse through paypal.

There is another US buyer in this situation as well. I can submit his information if needed for reference..
He has since put in a claim with paypal... and I suspect he will get his money back via paypal.....

Wish me luck on this INT"L refund hunt.

back to your normally scheduled program :)

Just replying in regards to the above.
DO NOT ORDER ANY EQUIPMENT FROM QMS - IT IS A SCAM.
I order the exact same kit in September 2015 and have been trying to chase the scum bag up ever since.

I have engaged the Department of Fair Trading and the Civil and Administrative Tribunal:
http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au/Pages/apply_to_ncat/apply_online.aspx

I am not sure if AU consumer extends to overseas purchases, but something worth checking.
Application submission costs AUD 47.00

woot81 said:
one4torque said:

Stealth contacted him and he said he would contact reach out to the customers that he is holding their money since Nov last year.

I have heard nothing.

I've sent him email, msg through his website, and msg through facebook. And nothing.

Only reason I'm posting this is to help the community avoid getting scammed like it did.

AVOID QUIGLEY MOTORSPORTS. Please pass this on to the Stealth community, face-book, etc.....

====================

I am writing you in hopes I can get some help with a matter of a purchase I made over the internet with a business called Quigley Motorsports in Nov 2015.

Per attached reciepts (paypal) i've made 2 payments late last year, and seller has stopped contact with me, and has failed to deliver the goods.

Link below:

1 x Stealth key ring thank you. Calculated freight including international tracking (2 packages) is $322.30AU (approx 231.25US).

Since I paid through paypal, I disputed the payment of $1069 AUS in early Jan.... but Lincoln Quigley contacted me as said to release his funds and he would send the product.... I trusted him, cancelled the claim, and I have not heard from him since. Now paypal says tough luck... once you make a claim and then close it.. there is no further recourse through paypal.

There is another US buyer in this situation as well. I can submit his information if needed for reference..
He has since put in a claim with paypal... and I suspect he will get his money back via paypal.....

I order the exact same kit in September 2015 and have been trying to chase the scum bag up ever since.

I have engaged the Department of Fair Trading and the Civil and Administrative Tribunal:

I am not sure if AU consumer extends to overseas purchases, but something worth checking.

Please contact Teresa at Sales@stealthelectricbikes.com Anybody thats been burned my QMS, Stealth wants to personally hear from them.

Rix said:
woot81 said:
one4torque said:

I have heard nothing.

====================

Link below:

Please contact Teresa at Sales@stealthelectricbikes.com Anybody thats been burned my QMS, Stealth wants to personally hear from them.

So an update to the saga, I just received a call from the NSW Department of Fair Trading who advised they have been contacted by QMS.
QMS advised Fair Trading that he will not provide a refund but guaranteed the products in 2 - 3 weeks.

Will wait and see what happens and report back.

Apparent he has been ill, however after hearing all other excuses like delays due to relocating workshops, materials shortage etc. I question the validity of that statement.

For anyone else who has been burned, you should lodge a formal complaint to the Department of Fair trading:
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/About_us/Online_services/Lodge_a_complaint.page

Although the link above is for the NSW division, Fair trading has national coverage.
As stated earlier, I am not sure if Australian consumer law covers international buyers - but its your best avenue to get any response from a trader.

Rix said:
one4torque said:
werd TV werd.

Hope to ride it this weekend! all parts are here...... just need to figure out the mounting for the crytalyte controller, then E-BRAAP!

I can't wait to hear about your set up. Bike looks great. Keep in mind you may need a 1/2" freewheel extender/spacer like this one to get proper alignment with that TC3080, and for the chain to clear the side of the tire. http://lunacycle.com/motors/hub-motor-accessories/1-2-inch-free-wheel-spacer-for-hub-motors/

Jeezus, where was this information when I needed it! I have just committed my "destroy it to remove it" type freewheel to the hub despite the nasty alignment of drive train, figuring I'd just live with it, Waaah !

woot81 said:
="Rix"]
woot81 said:
"one4torque"]Quigley Motorsports - UPDATE

I have heard nothing.

====================

Link below:

So an update to the saga, I just received a call from the NSW Department of Fair Trading who advised they have been contacted by QMS.
QMS advised Fair Trading that he will not provide a refund but guaranteed the products in 2 - 3 weeks.

Will wait and see what happens and report back.

Apparent he has been ill, however after hearing all other excuses like delays due to relocating workshops, materials shortage etc. I question the validity of that statement.

For anyone else who has been burned, you should lodge a formal complaint to the Department of Fair trading:
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/About_us/Online_services/Lodge_a_complaint.page

Although the link above is for the NSW division, Fair trading has national coverage.
As stated earlier, I am not sure if Australian consumer law covers international buyers - but its your best avenue to get any response from a trader.

If he has been ill, all he had to do was say something to the customers like, "hey guys, I am sick and going to be out of action for a while, I don't know how long, but please be patient and I will eventually get your orders out" he would be surprised at how understanding the customers would be. If this is really the case. and not a ploy to further delay the restitution process, I sincerely hope Quigly gets well and gets back on the horse so to speak. I have been saying from the beginning that this behavior was out of character for him hoping and believing that I was right, but after so much time and no communication with the guys not getting what they ordered, I just chopped it up to being wrong. Who knows, maybe I'm not.

SUNDRIVE said:
Rix said:
one4torque said:
werd TV werd.

Hope to ride it this weekend! all parts are here...... just need to figure out the mounting for the crytalyte controller, then E-BRAAP![

I can't wait to hear about your set up. Bike looks great. Keep in mind you may need a 1/2" freewheel extender/spacer like this one to get proper alignment with that TC3080, and for the chain to clear the side of the tire. http://lunacycle.com/motors/hub-motor-accessories/1-2-inch-free-wheel-spacer-for-hub-motors/[/
Jeezus, where was this information when I needed it! I have just committed my "destroy it to remove it" type freewheel to the hub despite the nasty alignment of drive train, figuring I'd just live with it, Waaah !

It didn't occur to me before, I just laced up a TC4080 and a TC3065 to rims for my Bomber and Fighter. I ran into this issue with both my bikes which is why I said something to One4tq about it.

Ahh RIX... coming to the rescue again.... thx man.

I put that spacer on order ASAP with pr shipping.

I'll prob need one for mxus sondors as well.

.. RE quigley down-unda...... stealth has been as supportive as they can be... contacting him and such...... quigley has said he will get me parts for the past many weeks.....
thx for the LEO link.

one4torque said:
Ahh RIX... coming to the rescue again.... thx man.

I put that spacer on order ASAP with pr shipping.

I'll prob need one for mxus sondors as well.

.. RE quigley down-unda...... stealth has been as supportive as they can be... contacting him and such...... quigley has said he will get me parts for the past many weeks.....
thx for the LEO link.

Yah, I am feeling all mushy inside now, warm fuzzies and shit. Anytime, I guess I better email Emmett as well and let him know.

Oops forgot my manners, yes thanks Rix, that hub thread extension adaptor is precisely what is needed, a must have. How did you find that, I thought I had trawled the web thoroughly and I came up with nought. Hate to think how many other things I have missed over the years after my exhaustive searches!

By the way, does anyone make a decent high power hubby with a splined cassete type drive so we could use a freewheel with a single sprocket and spacers to set alignment ? And easily test and change sprocket sizes to get ideal gearing. Seems like an obvious and easy thing to include as an optional flange/cover on the motor, or am I missing some technical constraint here?

JB

Anyone have left crank arm they want to sell guess I'm left side dependent I've gone through two already only sold in pairs I can trade right side 4 left. What is distance between swing arm and crank arm supposed to be left side and right

FL bomber said:
Anyone have left crank arm they want to sell guess I'm left side dependent I've gone through two already only sold in pairs I can trade right side 4 left. What is distance between swing arm and crank arm supposed to be left side and right

About an inch id say
Have u tryed bending it back,work for me
In the vice with wood jobs a gooden

FL bomber said:

Both sides on my bomber are 15mm of space between the crank and swingarm. I purposely made this happen by removing both cranks, and putting then in the press and straightening the arms out. I also sent my crank arms to CRYOPro and had then cryogenicly tempered. What I found with dry quench cryo tempering is the crank arms are more "springy" they still flex and bend as easy as before, but instead of staying bent, they spring back closer to their original shape. Vboxx designed the crank arms to bend in case of a crash so the Boxx Spindle would be damaged, this is why having steel crank arms would be terrible.

Back