E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

What's the best way to bend back/straighten a pedal crank? Yes, I've had my first Bomber bounce!

The best would be removing it end press it in some kind of vise.
I would try to avoid doing it directly on the bike(which is possible) because you can damage the bearings or something else in the vboxx/frame mounting. Better buy new ones than damage expensive frame/vboxx.

I have done like this a few times with a slight bending of the pedal.

Attachments

• DSC02086.JPG
    DSC02086.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,302
Hi guys, here's a few tragic photographs (owners permission) of an early Bomber stolen then abused then recently recovered. The pics show finger print dust, police ID tag, removal of Bombers serial no., and for whatever reason the cut V-Boxx cable leads. No battery recovered either. We are waiting to see if the client wants to take into the intensive care unit or the morgue. The offenders have been caught (thanks to facebook) along with tonnes of other stolen stuff. BASTARDS :cry:
6njq.jpg
0i9j.jpg
33j2.jpg
zx7x.jpg
zc65.jpg

That's very sad isn't it. At least the culprits were caught. One of these trackers would have come in handy.

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

Theodore Voltaire said:
That's very sad isn't it. At least the culprits were caught. One of these trackers would have come in handy.

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/
Hey Theodore, the guys that pinched it would have found/destroyed it very quickly. The bike wasn't being ridden at the time and I am assuming this but I think they would have got a good 8 hour start but in general terms the GPS tracking systems are definitely worth while. But you can't beat a massive bastard chain......

Hi folks,
Rick, I took a photo straight on. Hopefully it is what you are after.
Regarding the front wheel size, I tried the 24" again. I took it out onto some loose gravel and couldn't pick a difference between it and the 26". I didn't get the 24" onto any tight single or rough stuff to compare. I'll let you know if I notice a difference when I do give a try.
The 26" tyre is a 3" Duro Wildlife Leopard which has a very similar tread pattern to the standard Razorback.

Regarding switching the governor wire. I put a rocker switch under the front of the seat to knock it back to 200w. I've not played with the settings to it as yet, however I likely will turn it up maybe a little bit.

Finally regarding straightening bent cranks. I've had reasonable success with the 6" dawn vice and a length of water pipe to start, then a big shifter to finish it off. My cranks were only bent and not twisted so I could line them back up with the vice to check their straight.

Cheers,
Clinton

Attachments

• Bomber copy.jpg
    Bomber copy.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 2,150
I finally figured out what the clicking/knocking sound/feeling was in my handle bars.
I thought it was my headset at first, but it turns out it's my Fork lowers. They are rocking back and forth against the uppers on bigger bumps.

After 7500+km I think my RST Storms might have finally had it. I never serviced them or did any maintenance apart from cleaning the legs and seals intermittently.

If I get new forks they will have to be relatively cheap compered to what others have upgraded to.

I prefer the single crown look so I'm thinking some previous year model Marzocchi 66 would be a nice fit. My other options are some Fox 36, but they are a bit too pricey.

Any other good 180mm single crown options that aren't too pricey people can think of?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
I finally figured out what the clicking/knocking sound/feeling was in my handle bars.
I thought it was my headset at first, but it turns out it's my Fork lowers. They are rocking back and forth against the uppers on bigger bumps.

After 7500+km I think my RST Storms might have finally had it. I never serviced them or did any maintenance apart from cleaning the legs and seals intermittently.

If I get new forks they will have to be relatively cheap compered to what others have upgraded to.

I prefer the single crown look so I'm thinking some previous year model Marzocchi 66 would be a nice fit. My other options are some Fox 36, but they are a bit too pricey.

Any other good 180mm single crown options that aren't too pricey people can think of?

Cheers

CD, I've been curious about the stock forks. You're not the first person that's noticed wear on them. I can't find much information about them. Is there actually any maintenance you can do to them?

Cowardlyduck said:

Cheers
wait for some black friday deals. and what is pricey for you ?
http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/RockShox/Rock-Shox-Totem-RC2-DH-Coil-1-1-8-180mm-Fork-2013.axd

Is anyone close enough to the Stealth factory to be able to gleam a clue about how sales are going now, compared to past sales?

Just based on my unscientific survey of frame numbers it looks like 2013 sales, may have been something like double 2012 sales?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Is anyone close enough to the Stealth factory to be able to gleam a clue about how sales are going now, compared to past sales?

Just based on my unscientific survey of frame numbers it looks like 2013 sales, may have been something like double 2012 sales?

More than that. Its secret though, if I told you the actual number, I would have to kill myself.

Clinton, you machine looks fantastic with the 24/26 combo. Makes the Bomber look physically bigger. Thanks for posting the picture,

QMS, I see what you mean with the stolen Bomber. Its trashed. Find out if the lifted latent finger prints were dusted with ash based powder, or magnetic powder. If it was magnetic and the controller was touched, the first time you run juice through it you will have a massive camera flash type short. A while back, I dusted a computer with magnetic powder and ruined it. Hopefully the police used ash based powerder when they dusted the prints if you want to reuse some of the components for restoration.

This might be crazy talk, but has anyone else thought about this? I'm thinking electric bikes are the way of the future, and that these are the early days of them. When you're living history it's hard to see it happening around you. I think it's possible that the Stealth company could be the Harley Davidson of the 21st century. I see a lot of similarity's.

Harley wasn't the first company to make motorcycles, but they were one of the first, same as Stealth. Harley was a small company when it started, same as Stealth. The first Harleys were made from bicycles. Harleys right from the start were considered rugged and well made, same as Stealth's. Motorcycle technology was in it's infancy at the time, same as electric bike technology is now.

Can you see the similarity's, or am I nuts?

But there is lots of options, not just Stealth. You have zero MCs and take a look at e-rockit, great bikes.
Then you have lots and lots more Chinese bikes. The competition is not the same as it was back in the Harley time.

About RST forks, you can change oil in them. A am about to do clean it inside and out and change the oil but do not know the right amount to poor in it :(

Single crown fork options could include Rockshox Totems. I have a coil sprung set on my freeride/dh bike and they have been a good fork. I picked them up relatively cheap through CRC at the time. I have only replaced a set of seals once in about two to three years now and they have 40mm staunchions.
You could look at second hand to save a bit of cash.
Cheers,
Clinton

That's a 3 year old video!

rp3 said:

yeah I know.. :wink:
the significance is that its in mountain bike action magazine
which has a huge distribution among core mountain bikers / cyclist
ebike is going mainstream & I think that's cool.. 8)
also if you click the link below video you may notice
mountain bike action publisher is coming out with an ebike specific mag
this also is significant and imo pretty cool / good coverage and acceptance of ebikes :mrgreen:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54998&p=819797

edit: also its a pretty cool video as well..

ThirtyFerretsInAManSuit said:
How did that poor bike get stolen? Was it a house burglary or was it taken from a car park or something?

Hey TFIAMS, the bike was stolen along with the charger from a garage north of Adelaide. The offenders are known to the owner.

Was it insured

I've now listed mine on the house insurance, a specified extra covered at home and outside of the home

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
rp3 said:

this also is significant and imo pretty cool / good coverage and acceptance of ebikes :mrgreen:

Just went to the website, posted ebike action on November 6. Yep, its main stream now. We wont be on the fringe for too much longer. Thanks for posting the links. Should be a great read when it comes out.

Rick

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
rp3 said:

That is pretty cool. Thanks for bringing to our attention. I'm going to subscribe to it.

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions on the front forks.

I like the look of those Totems. They seem to be built to withstand the abuse my Fighter dishes out and they are compatible with the 203mm brakes as well. :)

So I know I've got it right, I'd be looking for 1-1/8" steerer and not tapered correct?

In terms of price I'm looking at around $500-$700 mark, but less is better. Maybe used would be ok...I dunno, I've never bought used shocks before. Is it a bit of pot luck?

Cheers

Back