Ebike controller exposed to shortage

My ebike controller has PAS system and one of the three prongs, of the PAS,contacted the negative or positive lead to my battery, i don’t know if it touching the negative or positive makes a difference but yea. I need to know what I have to replace. The throttle lights come on but the motor doesn’t respond to the throttle being pressed.

Most likely you will need a new controller. One test is to measure the voltages on the PAS connector and the throttle connector to battery negative. You should see 5v somewhere.

Another test is to disconnect the PAS sensor and try throttle only.

If the battery positive made contact with the 5v line, there is not much chance the controller survived.

Isn't it normal practice to install fuses to prevent such accidents from destroying gear?

If pack voltage makes contact with a 5v line, no fuse will blow fast enough to prevent damage. It will only prevent a fire.

fechter said:
If pack voltage makes contact with a 5v line, no fuse will blow fast enough to prevent damage. It will only prevent a fire.

Not to mention things would fry before (if?) fuse blows.....high voltage from power-side of things would most likely only fry sensitive 5v electonics and never draw enough current to blow fuse.
That said, fuse is still a must-have safety measure.....fuse has saved me and my pack on several occasions that I can remember when pack got shorted on high-voltage side of things.

Back