EEB parts and support info

ossivirt said:
I have front mudhugger under the mud. It is there just with epoxy and time will tell if it stays in place.

What Mudhugger front fender do you have? The standard length one or the long one? It looks like you have the additional extender as well.

I have the longer rear fender along with the fender extender for the rear tire and it works great. I've actually heated it up with a heat gun and shaped it down farther so it is closer to the rear tire.

I looked into getting the front one but was not sure how it would attach to the fork. Looking at your pictures I think I'm going to go for the Mudhugger and maybe drill a hole for a zip tie on each side along with using some epoxy. At least until some other perfect solution comes up.

josephm15234 said:
ossivirt said:
I have front mudhugger under the mud. It is there just with epoxy and time will tell if it stays in place.

What Mudhugger front fender do you have? The standard length one or the long one? It looks like you have the additional extender as well.

I have the longer rear fender along with the fender extender for the rear tire and it works great. I've actually heated it up with a heat gun and shaped it down farther so it is closer to the rear tire.

I looked into getting the front one but was not sure how it would attach to the fork. Looking at your pictures I think I'm going to go for the Mudhugger and maybe drill a hole for a zip tie on each side along with using some epoxy. At least until some other perfect solution comes up.
I have long one I think. I have extender both front and rear and I even made longer extension in the back because my back was getting dirty when riding.. I tried to shape it but it needs some more work still.

You cant use zipties at the front. Well you can but it really messes up with the suspension travel.. Even skinniest ziptie will make fender shake violently when suspension moves over it. I drilled some holes in the mudhugger and at the plastic cover of the forks. Originally for zipties but now I use them just to make epoxy stick better or thats the idea atleast. Plastics can be hard to glue so holes give it some extra surface area and corners to bite on.

I've done it! I recently purchased a 3D printer and have designed a front fender mount for the Mudhugger front fender on the USD-8 fork. In my excitement to put it on and test fit it I didn't take any pictures of it fresh off the printer :p .

Was using a fast print setting and a thicker layer height and had some issues with support so its not the best quality print but it was the first print of the whole thing so I wanted it to print quickly and use as little filament as possible.

Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/AFGin4L

pytLr71.jpg
pwggwM3.jpg
AQB6N4z.jpg

josephm15234 said:
I've done it! I recently purchased a 3D printer and have designed a front fender mount for the Mudhugger front fender on the USD-8 fork. In my excitement to put it on and test fit it I didn't take any pictures of it fresh off the printer :p .

Was using a fast print setting and a thicker layer height and had some issues with support so its not the best quality print but it was the first print of the whole thing so I wanted it to print quickly and use as little filament as possible.

pytLr71.jpg
pwggwM3.jpg
AQB6N4z.jpg
Nice work! How is the suspension travel? In my experience using even smalest zipties will resuilt them rubbing agaist outer frork tube when it passes that spot. I think ultimate solution would be to make new cover things for the forks and include suitable mudhugger mounting points in them. I don't have printer so for a moment I was planning using thin wall steel tube and weld something :roll:

ossivirt said:
josephm15234 said:

pytLr71.jpg
pwggwM3.jpg
AQB6N4z.jpg
Nice work! How is the suspension travel? In my experience using even smalest zipties will resuilt them rubbing agaist outer frork tube when it passes that spot. I think ultimate solution would be to make new cover things for the forks and include suitable mudhugger mounting points in them. I don't have printer so for a moment I was planning using thin wall steel tube and weld something :roll:

Suspensions travel is not hindered at all. I used the two tie downs on the fork guards to attach so nothing is sticking past those guards.

harmonist said:
Been a while since anyone's posted in here, thought I'd do an update, finally got around to installing the factory stand, it went on without a problem without having to move the screw position as suggested earlier, it slots nicely under the swingarm with ample clearance for the crank to go round, wish I'd put it on earlier! The stock screw would wiggle loose pretty quickly so I just replaced it with a bolt and nut tightened on the bottom, its solid now.

eeb.jpg

eeb2.jpg

Also installed the fisherfab front headlight, awesome little light, one of the deciding factors was that it doesn't need a step down convertor so can run straight off the fully charged 84v battery, very cool.

light.jpg

Looks awesome man. I’ve got almost the exact same setup, except I’m using 19” moto rims and a single speed freewheel. But I’m very confused as to how you installed the kickstand from EM3ev and it doesn’t interfere with pedalling...I have the same frame, same crankset, same suspension and same kickstand (99% sure) so I’m not sure why mine hits the crank and yours doesn’t. Did you modify the kickstand in any way?

I’m going to end up drilling a new whole if I can’t get it sorted but I’d really prefer not to. Any advice or info helps. Thanks!

Back