EKartGo Project

Purchased the initial cells for this kid kart experiment - lucky as cells are pretty much out of stock everywhere. For 60+ minutes of run time I plan to initially use 98 Panasonic 2170 cells in a 14S7P arrangement. Cell weight is just over 15 lbs, so with casing and wiring it won't be that heavy. I'll adjust add/subtract cells with testing results.

Looks like the Peregrine motors are getting closer! The model 40s are in batch planning:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRPZ0tKNhNK/

They have shown pictures of them testing the P20s and P40s on twitter and Instagram. I don't know how far off a production release is...

BTW I've been working on my own motor design for the last 6 months or so as I got tired of waiting. I may still beat them to the punch with my first prototype, hopefully around April next year.

Getting closer to committing the case and rotor design to CNC $$$. Having them reviewed for manufacturing suggestions currently.

No blockers so far that I haven't been able to overcome. Chip and embedded controller supplies have been the biggest hassle so far, making do with what I can get vs what I want. Timeline is still pretty close, May looking very likely for dyno testing.

Last edited:
nuxland said:
Did they start producing these motors already?

I see that they are now shipping the P40 motors to alpha+ testers. I have no idea what they mean by + unless they paid a lot to get one early or something.

The spreadsheet has been updated with the most recent 4680 cell information for the curious.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=101726208843306593820&rtpof=true&sd=true

Still no DHX P60 motor or any indication on when they will become available. :confused: Maybe I should just sell the controller and cut my losses on that.

However, progress has been rapidly made with the flux transfer based motor for both the controller circuit board as well as control code which is now based on a Teensy 4.1 MCU. Somewhat recent render attached with the single automotive weatherproof connector. Just missing a few chips at this time to complete it and get testing.

20220711_r10_Leavyseal.jpg

Back