Ekross Vector Aussie build

@kiwiev for us with neckbraces I flipped the pic.

RZsumpi.jpg

Awesome build! Where have you got this throttle from?

kiwiev said:
Did an epic ride today
58Km :mrgreen:
Ski tube to [strike]Thredbo[/strike] MTB Heaven! and back with a 5 Km single track loop, then back to Jindabyne and another 16Km around the lake on the track CD and I done.
My wrists are having trouble typing :lol:
Cheers Kiwi

Fixed the typo for you :lol:

Cowardlyduck said:
Looks awesome mate, wish I was there.

I did a short ride on Sunday, doing the video now, but looks like my Fighter only has about 25-30km range at full tilt now with the old stock battery. :(
Do you have any trails that short?

Cheers

We can do Thredbo Valley trail about 16.6 Km each way NICE single track :D :D

Cheers Kiwi

Sean9002 said:
kiwiev said:
Did an epic ride today
58Km :mrgreen:
Ski tube to [strike]Thredbo[/strike] MTB Heaven! and back with a 5 Km single track loop, then back to Jindabyne and another 16Km around the lake on the track CD and I done.
My wrists are having trouble typing :lol:
Cheers Kiwi

Fixed the typo for you :lol:

Cheers yes it SURE IS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So you know when you have too much of a good thing.......

Well I went back to Thredbo today I love the 17" front for this tight track :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But I did find a fault with it don't jump or chew more than you can.... On the way back down I was getting carefree and decided to detour and jump a flight of stairs, Stuffed up my throttle timing on launch :roll: and the heavier back wheel made me land nose heavy and the next thing I was on my back looking at blue sky :twisted:

So got up close and personal with the granite gravel :oops:

No major damage ripped off a handle grip and bent a crank :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,741
kiwiev said:
So you know when you have too much of a good thing.......

Well I went back to Thredbo today I love the 17" front for this tight track :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But I did find a fault with it don't jump or chew more than you can.... On the way back down I was getting carefree and decided to detour and jump a flight of stairs, Stuffed up my throttle timing on launch :roll: and the heavier back wheel made me land nose heavy and the next thing I was on my back looking at blue sky :twisted:

So got up close and personal with the granite gravel :oops:

No major damage ripped off a handle grip and bent a crank :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi
;
if u aint crashing u aint going hard enough :p
love to see some fpv vids rides of the area, looks great.

CD and I did an Epic ride up the Thredbo valley trail and back I think he was in Jump heaven and thought he was on a BMX track.

Two good looking E bikes on and Awesome #EV Sleeper# :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Blake will be putting a full length movie together ASAP :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,671
ozman said:
Looks like a nice day for a ride.
Windy and rainy here in Sydney.
Sounds like you guys had fun

Bloody cold mate 3 deg up at Thredbo :evil:

Cowardly Duck has something special in his Video I hope

Cheers Kiwi

Ps how are your bikes going?

kiwiev said:
WOW this has to be one of the best things I have bought off Ebay.

The Mud guard bolted straight on. :D

I think it looks cool 8)

Kiwi, do you mind to share whats the seller or the model of the mud guards?

gensem said:
kiwiev said:
WOW this has to be one of the best things I have bought off Ebay.

The Mud guard bolted straight on. :D

I think it looks cool 8)

Kiwi, do you mind to share whats the seller or the model of the mud guards?

Sorry I cant go back that far in my ebay history but it was something like this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Universal-Supermoto-Front-Fender-Guard-Motorbike-Suzuki-DRZ400-DR650/261570905350?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140117125611%26meid%3De084eca1942f4529b186c93f668d7d72%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D151958444814

Cheers Kiwi

Got another Black Vector together today he had a Specialized Bighit he picked up for $400 so we just swapped all the running gear over less the cranks.

Cheers Kiwi

How many Vectors do you have now? xD

How can they feel different? :O Different forks handlebars etc? Or same setup? Do you have some pics of them to compare? :D Cheers

Hi Kiwi,

I was talking to CowardlyDuck and he put me onto your thread. I am putting together a Vector with a HS4065, and to start with I had a 6 speed freewheel, but that leaves me with a ridiculous amount of space (as the dropouts are so widely spaced on the vector), so I had a million washers on either side.

I noticed at the start of your thread, you seem to nicely fit a 10spd freewheel in there. I realise I can get a 10 spd freewheel from Glow-worm cycles, but even with a 10spd freewheel I would have thought you still would have needed a bunch of spacer washers, did you put spacer washers on the disc side? I was just surprised that you seemed to fit a 10spd in there with no spacer washers. Did you have to tighten the nuts to the point it was bending the swing arm in a bit? Maybe I am just being too much of a pussy in tightening the nuts. Just wanted to check that you were putting a HS4065 in with no spacer washers, and whether you needed to tighten the swing arm a lot.

Cheers, Phil.

Back