Ekross Vector Aussie build

Philistine said:
Hi Kiwi,

I was talking to CowardlyDuck and he put me onto your thread. I am putting together a Vector with a HS4065, and to start with I had a 6 speed freewheel, but that leaves me with a ridiculous amount of space (as the dropouts are so widely spaced on the vector), so I had a million washers on either side.

I noticed at the start of your thread, you seem to nicely fit a 10spd freewheel in there. I realise I can get a 10 spd freewheel from Glow-worm cycles, but even with a 10spd freewheel I would have thought you still would have needed a bunch of spacer washers, did you put spacer washers on the disc side? I was just surprised that you seemed to fit a 10spd in there with no spacer washers. Did you have to tighten the nuts to the point it was bending the swing arm in a bit? Maybe I am just being too much of a pussy in tightening the nuts. Just wanted to check that you were putting a HS4065 in with no spacer washers, and whether you needed to tighten the swing arm a lot.

Cheers, Phil.

Hey Phil

I moved one of the drop out clamp plates to the inside this also kept the wheel centres btw both drop out clamp plates can go inside or out side of the swing arm.

Cheers Kiwi

DasDouble said:
How can they feel different? :O Different forks handlebars etc? Or same setup? Do you have some pics of them to compare? :D Cheers

Hey Das

here are a couple of pics the Black Russian is 17" front and back the middle bike is 26" and the white bike is 24" front and 19" moto rear.

And they all ride completely different.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 692
I moved one of the drop out clamp plates to the inside

Thanks for this. For some reason I hadn't noticed the plates were only bolted on. I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

Philistine said:
I moved one of the drop out clamp plates to the inside

Thanks for this. For some reason I hadn't noticed the plates were only bolted on. I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

No worries I really think they have one of the best rear ends on the market.

Cheers Kiwi

Well another Vector is ready to hit the dirt built this one in 2 days for a mate :mrgreen:

Specs:

Hs4065
Infineon controller
26" downhill wheels
an yes I know a saggy old headway pack 72 volt

Nice and light

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 669
Spring has started show down under so I balance charged all 6 LIPO bricks had 74.8 volts to burn :twisted: Unreal how an Ebike feels after you haven't ridden one for 2 months bloody awesome :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2784.JPG
    IMG_2784.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_2785.JPG
    IMG_2785.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 617
Back