electric trial bike

I contacted someone about the Kuberg Trek. Apparently they are on pre-order for $9500. And the Free ride is pre-order for $3500. If anyone gets better information (cheaper price) let me know.

That Kuberg free rider looks a lot like a 20" Oset. I see it has a seat and looks like longer forks than the Oset. I guess it is intended for bigger kids. The Oset sells for $2350. For $1200 more for the Kuberg I hope it comes with Lipos of some sort. I couldn't find tech specs but I seriously doubt they crammed lead batteries in there.

I got tired of my daughter getting mad about me riding her 20" Oset all the time so I ordered my own. This thing wheelies no problem with my 240 lbs on it. I plan to convert it to 26" wheels soon. I'll start a thread when I start ordering parts. I think I can end up with a 75 pound bike that lets me ride Expert. (a gas trials bike is around 150 pounds).

Old twinshock conversion, Ridden by Mick Andrews

[youtube]CMBkndF-TJc [/youtube]

Unknown rider in a trial...

[youtube]wR6Qdej5GMc [/youtube]

https://www.facebook.com/ecocycle.moto/photos
price??

559590_354585974653160_1979720526_n.jpg

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Electric Trials Bike: ecocycle.moto
[youtube]oARvmn3Cnz8[/youtube]

last i checked they were about twice the price of a kids etrial (oset) or half the price of an adult etrial (EM/kuberg/gasgas).. haven't seen any international sales yet though.. cool bike though! 8)

If you ever find yourself randomly in Colombia and want a cool way to see the city...this is it. Went out for a little fun on an EcoCycle the other day in Medellin

sk8norcal said:
price??

https://www.facebook.com/ecocycle.moto
559590_354585974653160_1979720526_n.jpg

Electric Trials Bike: ecocycle.moto
[youtube]oARvmn3Cnz8[/youtube]

that bike looks like a hybird/cross between a oset and the spanish copy of a oset just physically bigger

yeah if you look back through their facebook pages you can tell they were definitely inspired by oset..
but somebody had to do it since oset seems hesitant to build big boy bikes haha..
im really hoping oset will make a 24" wheel version soon/next..
oliver is not growing fast enough! :lol:

gwhy! said:
that bike looks like a hybird/cross between a oset and the spanish copy of a oset just physically bigger

betarambo said:
That Kuberg free rider looks a lot like a 20" Oset. I see it has a seat and looks like longer forks than the Oset. I guess it is intended for bigger kids. The Oset sells for $2350. For $1200 more for the Kuberg I hope it comes with Lipos of some sort. I couldn't find tech specs but I seriously doubt they crammed lead batteries in there.

I got tired of my daughter getting mad about me riding her 20" Oset all the time so I ordered my own. This thing wheelies no problem with my 240 lbs on it. I plan to convert it to 26" wheels soon. I'll start a thread when I start ordering parts. I think I can end up with a 75 pound bike that lets me ride Expert. (a gas trials bike is around 150 pounds).

yeah if you look back through their facebook pages you can tell they were definitely inspired by oset..
but somebody had to do it since oset seems hesitant to build big boy bikes haha..

gwhy! said:

betarambo said:

Oliver will have something bigger to play on pretty soon :wink: (i hope )

They are not hesitant , they just want to do something that will work better than anything else out there.

great news mate!
ian, oliver, gwhy,
the whole oset team, i salute u! 8)
keep up the great work..

gwhy! said:
Oliver will have something bigger to play on pretty soon :wink: (i hope )

They are not hesitant , they just want to do something that will work better than anything else out there.

gwhy! said:

betarambo said:

not sure if I should ( be allowed ) to post a link to another forum but its not in direct competition with es so I hope it will be ok

http://electrictrials.com/forum/index.php

Its a forum dedicated to electric trials bikes so it may be of interest to some.

Hi all, thanks for the great information. I survived brain cancer and am doing great, except for my clutch finger. I can hold onto the bar, but not much else. I must have an auto matic- an E bike! Have my cognitive ability and a vinatage with no engine. I'd love the EM, or similar but$.. Any help on part selection and mfg's is appreciated. There is great info on here already, thank you all for any additional help.
Dan

Cotydog said:
Hi all, thanks for the great information. I survived brain cancer and am doing great, except for my clutch finger. I can hold onto the bar, but not much else. I must have an auto matic- an E bike! Have my cognitive ability and a vinatage with no engine. I'd love the EM, or similar but$.. Any help on part selection and mfg's is appreciated. There is great info on here already, thank you all for any additional help.
Dan
HI Dan And welcome to ES

Pleased to hear that your eager to get back on a bike, this is all good and positive. A twist and go bike would be ideal for you. There are a couple of things that people will need to now before any help can be offered about selection of parts.. Do you want to compete on the bike ( at what level ? ) , how much do you want to spend to get a running bike ( it will always work out a bit more than you hope ) , what is the bike you have to convert ?. You could always look for a second hand oset2.0 and do some mods to it, There is a forum member on here ( Betarambo ) that is going down this route it may be worth PM'ing him to see how he is getting on with his oset. What country are you in ?.

welcome to the forum Dan,

please start up a build thread and post some pics of your bike.. :)
im sure you will get plenty of help.. 8)
what performance are you hoping for???
are you a trials rider or do you just want an electric dirtbike???
by the way, you dont have to give up gas bikes just because you no longer can or dont want to clutch..
rekluse auto clutch are popular for enduro bikes.. have you not heard of them???
http://www.rekluse.com :idea:
but maybe you are a pure trials rider?? you wont find them on trial bikes since they like to rev up the engine then pop the clutch launching the bike over obstacles..
many high power electric trial bikes are slso now using a clutch lever or some form of anti-throttle to modulate the power.. including EM, kuberg, gasgas, etc..
even though its not needed or used to prevent stalling at all..

please keep us updated on your project!
here are some builds you may find interesting:
Gasgas trials Conversion: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=gasgas

Cotydog said:
Dan

Back