Enhanced board (work in progress)

sl33py said:
I would vote option 2 or 3.

I've purchased 2 VESC's from Jamesonotc and recommend him as a standup guy who backs up what he sells. Don't know Ampcite, but my .02

De Rien - Bon Chance!

Yeah those 2 seems to be the best.

Will take a day or 2 to think :pancake:

thank's (yeah again :p)

Hi everyone!

Back again after few days to make my choice.

I want to thanks Torqueboards,Sl33py, Jamesonotc and okp for all the advices.

So finally I left over the idea of sensored motor and Vesc, even if i'm enthousiast about it, okp pointed that as it is my first setup it's best to go with something functionnal now, and maybe later try Vesc.

By the way if in the future i'm going to try Vesc, if something goes wrong, I'm still have a functionnal board.

So okp'tain orders .... yeah I want to place this one.

I ordered:

http://diyelectricskateboard.com/product/dual-motor-4400w-electric-skateboard-electrical-kit/

and

http://diyelectricskateboard.com/product/on-off-high-voltage-anti-spark-power-switch-2-14s/

Just have to wait now :mrgreen:

Again thanks to all, and especially Torqueboards because of his very neutral advices (he never pushed me to his products) so pretty honest guy, really happy to finally go with him.

Hi everybody.

Was noticed of the 8S ubec in my order, so change to the 12S ubec (thanks torqueboards for add it).

So even if I start from 6s because I'm not well skilled for longboarding, by time I can upgrade from 6 to 12S, without ordered another thing (shipement and taxes for France delivery are pricey).

its pretty much the setup I run as well - I dropped the motors though to go with enertion for dual rear which is not possible with the 5065 (6.5cm length) torqueboard engines. I have to say though: double 63mm engines is REALLY overkill. after experiencing the brutal torque, I cannot imagine anything where I might need this kind of force. they power straight to 50kph and stay there, no matter what happened. :shock:

you going with okp-crafted gt2b handheld controller?

whitepony said:
its pretty much the setup I run as well - I dropped the motors though to go with enertion for dual rear which is not possible with the 5065 (6.5cm length) torqueboard engines. I have to say though: double 63mm engines is REALLY overkill. after experiencing the brutal torque, I cannot imagine anything where I might need this kind of force. they power straight to 50kph and stay there, no matter what happened. :shock:

you going with okp-crafted gt2b handheld controller?

Just have a look at your setup, and I have to say the look is gorgeous ;).

For the moment I will use the GT2B as it is, maybe later I'm gonna make a custom by myself. I think okp will not make more of his handed crafted controller because of the massive job it require.

Hi everybody!

Quick update and pictures to show the parts I receive from http://diyelectricskateboard.com/:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/40/1443719647-wp-20151001-12-28-39-pro.jpg

Got to say thanks to Torqueboards for the very quick delivery, 6 days from order to France, unbeatable; packaging was great.

Got sensored motor instead of unsensored, but I figure Torqueboards may not have unsensored anymore (or a mistake in order but seriously doubt of that).

Already fixed the motors to motormouns, then fixed to trucks with I think very good alignment (tips cardboard creased 3 time and set between motor mount and wheel pulley. Very little Dremel job on the Keyway to fit motorpulley.

Little issue about way to fix motor on plate because with 180mm belt and my 36/16 ratio just can't fit motor in a way where wires will be oriented to trucks, the motor mount is nearly to minimal position option; not a big deal but will consider a longer belt maybe 190mm to fixed this just to put less stress on wires while turning.

Can also do like okp and fix with dremel, but don't want to weakened structure of the mount.

So this can be a little improvement that Torqueboards will consider for his motormount, or just recommand longer belt :wink: . ; maybe holes in the sliding parts to allow wires management (not sure if i'm clear sorry)!

Next picture will show you all the stuff on the board, to have a global view.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/40/1443719650-wp-20151001-18-40-20-pro.jpg

Got to think about management because of the short wheelbase here (24.5"), probably have to cut some excess wires but have to consider good sizing cut in case of changing the deck in the future.

question: I got 5.5mm plug for motor because of my First order with Alien Power, here with DIY motors small sized plug (probably 4 or 4.5) is replacement with mine will be an issues?

Thank you all for reading, and update will probably coming on monday (nightwork this weekend :cry: ).

SYL.

Hey Vulthor,

The sensored motors can be used sensored or unsensored. So the sensor wire will just be hanging there.

Little issue about way to fix motor on plate because with 180mm belt and my 36/16 ratio just can't fit motor in a way where wires will be oriented to trucks, the motor mount is nearly to minimal position option; not a big deal but will consider a longer belt maybe 190mm to fixed this just to put less stress on wires while turning.

I personally mount my motor with the motor wires from the front as they don't flex much but OKP mentioned this and I'll make a smaller cut out to put the wires if you want to route the wires to the back side.

As for motor wires, you can make a connector to connect the two using 4mm bullet connectors and 5.5mm bullet connectors.

torqueboards said:
Hey Vulthor,

The sensored motors can be used sensored or unsensored. So the sensor wire will just be hanging there.

I personally mount my motor with the motor wires from the front as they don't flex much but OKP mentioned this and I'll make a smaller cut out to put the wires if you want to route the wires to the back side.

As for motor wires, you can make a connector to connect the two using 4mm bullet connectors and 5.5mm bullet connectors.

Hi Torqueboards, as always quick response :).

Yeah I know that sensored can run unsensored, not a problem at all just mentioned it :wink: .

Thanks for answering about connectors :).

Few more question do I need an Y type connector to paired the 2 ESC, not sure on my GT2B receiver if it make the link between the two or not?

By the way awesome products, good packaging, fast shipement with tracking >> Torqueboards for the win.

torqueboards said:
Yeah, Y connector should be in your package for the discharge wires and the esc signal wires. Please send me email if you don't have them but you should.

Seems don't got it, but will double check at daytime, don't want to wake up my GF with paper noises, fear of Ragnarok :evil: :mrgreen:

Hi there, just few update to say that I've got some issues to fit the dual setup because of my short wheelbase.

Actually got a 40cm long and 18/19 cm large to fit all that stuff, thinking of solutions but if you have some tips and tricks for management you're welcome to share ;).

Here's some solutions come to my mind:

- go for another deck

- go for a single 6s battery

- add riser to get some clearance under motor.

- setup single for beginning.

- setup the 2 Esc one up to the other (not sure I'm clear in this description), but don't know if the torqueboards Esc need to be exposed outside enclosure for cooling.

Still thinking by the way.

SYL.

If ur motor or motormount is bottoming out, hitting thre deck.. Maybe make a deck with a curve to accomadate. Nicer thAn spacers. Or cut a hole in ur deck to accomadate and carbon the crunk out of it to bolster.
But ur deck is maybe short for that.

hey man! really like your setup, love the matching looks of the purple calibers & kegels :D

- go for another deck
the deck is really pretty cool imo, would try to work with that for now!

- go for a single 6s battery
thats the setup you laid out on your foto a few posts earlier? kinda liked that, you can always add another layer of batteries later and increase the thickness of the package instead of length/width?

- add riser to get some clearance under motor.
you wont get high enough to actually mount components under your motor BUT I can only recommend thick rubber spacers for comfort anyway - im using 1/2" rubber on my topspeed and it helps a lot with vibrations! noticed that you are running the hard (purple) kegels :shock: ! even the soft kegels are much harder than the soft abecs from my feeling!

- setup single for beginning.
nuuu, you got all the stuff, gotta use it! :D

- setup the 2 Esc one up to the other (not sure I'm clear in this description), but don't know if the torqueboards Esc need to be exposed outside enclosure for cooling.
torques ESCs are not getting warm AT ALL. not sure why there is even a heatspreader to be honest ... but its reassuring to have, just in case :D

Thanks for answers, got 5 days free this week to think of it ;).

Spark of genius this morning, so picture of all the setup installed. Just have to make interconnection ;).

guess I didnt really understand your problem then, isnt that pretty much like the first picture (which also had quite a lot of room)? shouldve made a picture of my component layout - it was really packed (55x14x2cm)! :)

Well looking forward don't really know why I panic about space, sometime you know... we overcomplicated a simple thing.

have to say it is really compact in fact 36 long, 19 large, 26 width.

Pretty happy at this moment, if I've got time for enclosure/ testing /setup ESC; the board will ride next week :) .

Hey Guy's, quick test vidéo of my setup with on 12S 5000 mAh (2*6S 5000mAh batteries a friend give to me, 3 months old and 5 times run really happy).

[youtube]Zubc-UTdwo4[/youtube]

Hi there, quick update to show you my first fresh and new fiberglass enclosure:

This one will be for batterie, have to finish cutting properly and sand it.

Second one for electronic to do, but probably ready to ride for next Sunday, fingercross for no rain.

See you soon for end of the build.

whitepony said:
corners look pretty good - how did you make those? did you cut in the fiber sheets?

Well in fact I use 2 type of fiberglass sheets, hard to describe with my poor English.

The first type can be split by hands and I use this for the first 2 layer with many tiny square like 5*5cm each.

The second one is more like clothes and I apply large pieces of it on top and yeah I simply cut the corner squares and make like a box. I don't use epoxy on last layer to absorb excess.

Wish my explanation was understandable :/.

Back