Facebook Account

Xarzu

1 µW
I am posting this to the world on various web forums. That is due to the popularity of Facebook. I have begrudgingly found that I still need to use Facebook as a social media option to get tips on some tech and information.

It seems some hacker is determined to keep me from logging back into Facebook by using a flood of requests to reset my password. But I managed to send Facebook a cam shot of my ID. I don't know how they will alert me that my account is restored since their attempts to text me on my cell has failed.

I've been hearing about this increasingly for about a year now across the internet..

I've had web design clients who came to me because their company account got disappeared for no reason, FB was no help, and they decided to start a web page so their company can have a home. And these are not controversial companies or anything.. and they expended all efforts to get their account back.

Just life on a big social media site TBH. Big site, big target. I think facebook is starting to lose to hackers during this international cyberwarfare, honestly.

..you're reminding me of another reason to never go there again.. i want to keep my 5 year facebook sobriety chip :mrgreen:

Know how you feel as it happened to me also. Just made a new account as I wasn't going to send them the personal info they were asking for. There's some good groups on FB which is mainly what I use it for.

I like my facebook account. You can't trust anyone. It's true that you are screwed if your password gets loose. Facebook will not help. The person who steals it can quickly change all your credentials (email and contact phone) and your access is lost forever,

All you can do is start a new account under the same name, which is allowed. I think there are several dozen other users that also use my facebook name.

Know how you feel as it happened to me also. Just made a new account as I wasn't going to send them the personal info they were asking for. There's some good groups on FB which is mainly what I use it for.
I went through the same thing. In March, someone hacked my account and Facebook requested a photo ID. Strange, I thought. I didn’t want to and tried to contact Facebook about it, but it’s really more like a trash bin. I haven’t perused the account and requested logs. Upon review the login activity, I see my IP address in all entries but one. The IP address was from Chicago. I don’t know if the hacked used a VPN or if they are actually in Chicago, but I really don’t care that much to find out. Meh, Facebook can go suck an egg.

Back