front hub motor 100mm dropout and width less than 75mm

copy that. i appreciate that. thank you...so my mystery here is 243mm diameter and some bizarre spec of

Motor Type: Brushless Gearless Hub MotorMotor Diameter: 24.3cmMagnet Body Size: 13.65x3x30mm

13.65mm by 3 by 30mm.......... just says 3..no mm no cm.......was it a typo..... funny thing i posted the same question on amazon and i got a response from seller giving the shipping box specs and some one posted these wheels are crap i bought two and they didn't work. cheap chinese products . no quality control...... interesting enough that poster just subscribed a few days later and that was his only comment. so something i hear so much in this field and then there were lik 200 questions and 150 testimonials saying 75 percent of the time good 25 percent of the time bad....like any other product on amazon......

and the saw yeah i appreciate that.....yeah its close to what would fit in theory but that 85mm dropout is no go............yeah i need 100mm.... even if the hubmotor was 75mm wide...thats pretty much where my forks come in....it may rub and obviouslly wont fit my front forks................anybody got the specs on the 9 continent motor width? or any dd motor.....cause it looks like geared hubs are out of the picture.

Motor Color: Matte Black
Motor Net Weight: 6.2kgs
Motor Diameter: 24.3cmMagnet Body Size: 13.65x3x30mm

Hall Sensor Quantity: 3pcs
Max. Speed: 480RPM
Max. Torque: 25N.M
Magnet Body Size: 13.65x3x30mm
Axel Diameter: 14mm
Hub dropout width: 100mm front or 135mm rear hub motor(Support Single, 6 or 7-Speed Gear ONLY)
Brake: support 6-hole type disc brake
Corresponding Controller: 1000W Controller
Available Wheel Size: 16",18", 20", 24", 26", 700C, 28",

mountain biker said:
Magnet Body Size: 13.65x3x30mm

13.65mm by 3 by 30mm.......... just says 3..no mm no cm.......was it a typo.....
No, it says (in your quote above) 13.65x3x30mm, which implies all three numbers are in mm. It doesn't give any units except at the end of the series of dimensions.

BTW, that is the dimensions of the actual magnets in the motor, almost certainly ("Magnet Body Size").

but that 85mm dropout is no go
What 85mm dropout? There are no dimensions listed in your quoted info of 85mm.

...........yeah i need 100mm....
Well, that's what it says it is, in what you quoted. :?

these wheels are crap i bought two and they didn't work.

What dimensions are the two "crap" motors you already have, in the spot you need them to be <75mm?

Dude,, you bought a motor of the "9 continent type" ( 243mm diameter). Lots of clones out there, and It's about the narrowest I've seen. You won't find one skinnier, until you get into motors made for folding bikes, which will have too short an axle for you to use.

How many times do we have to tell you replace the fork? It's a cheap piece of crap fork anyway. Get a new fork. Look for one where the dropouts are welded to the tube on the inside edge of the tube, and then you can fit any motor in there. Here's a tip,, if the fork has disc brake mounts, then it HAS to be wider between the shock tubes, to fit that damn disc in there. So get a fork with a disc brake mount!!!

Here's another tip, if the bike has 1" headset, you need to replace the whole bike. Good shock forks with 1" headset nearly don't exist at all. Brand new, you can get a more suitable bike for under $200. Used, pay no more than $100. Ideally, pay 20 to 50 bucks.

If your fork is the kind with dropouts made by pinching down a steel tube, then you can pinch them some more, enough to clear a 9 c type motor easily. Show us a picture of your darn fork. We can't help much at all without a picture.

Now,,, on to why your motor won't run. tell us more about the kit you bought, and what you are using for a battery.

i didn't buy it. i was just using it as an example of a motor and wanted to know if it could fit inbetween the dropouts..i have vbrakes,no need for disc. i want to find a motor that has a standard front drop out for a mountain bike. has vbrake brakes...you said the 9c 243mm diameter type motors are the thinest...what are the dimensions. or how wide is it? that's what i am looking for....

so original post was like 100 mm drop out front...after one inch up from drop out the space between left and right of fork is 75mm wide. those are the parameters i am looking for. if someone knows the width of dd that there is no disc brake needed i would be interested. oh it is also has front shocks. the 9c motor was mentioned several times here but there was no mention of the width of the motor. and i appreciate the magnet body style reply, this does not mean the entire shell of the machine.

not to sound rude but could we please use the original post requirements. i understand that more than likely i will have to buy some new 30 buck fork with no suspension but i would like to keep that to another topic. please. and as always i appreciate all input.

Back