Front wheel and handlebars rotate and damage wiring

I have a 2 leg bike stand and when the bike is up on the stand the bike tilts to the rear(the battery is in a carrier above the rear wheel)-the rear of the bike now being the heavier part of the bike.

This then leaves the front steering assembly including front electric hub motor mounted there and wiring free to rotate.
Long term this will stretch the electric cabling and it also puts unacceptable movement and strain on the brake cables.
Has someone got a simple way of holding the front wheel in the straight ahead position when the bike is on the stand?
Something that clicks on and off with little effort.
Thanks
Peter

Seatpost clamp of teh rigth diameter to clamp to your bar stem's fastening nuts or bearing rings just above the headtube cup.

Tighten clamp while pressing it down on the bearing cup at the top of the headtube for friction. It won't keep you from turning it by hand but it should keep ti from flopping around.

To ride normally, release the clamp and then tighten it up after lifting it a little away from the headtube/cup.

Or use a clamp on the headtube itself to clamp a rod to the headtube that sticks up far enough to kep the bars from moving, or down far enough to keep the forks from moving.

If you are more daring, and you have a frame and steerer that's strong enough a little hole wont' compromise it, you could drill a hole in the headtube and thru the steerer, and use a pin thru them to lock them in place. I have planned to do this on DayGlo Avenger but never got around to it, using a pin out of an old jogger baby stroller, which has a springloaded ball bearing in the tip to retain it in whatever hole it's in.

Anyway, those are just a couple minutes of thinking; I'm sure there's lots more.

There's a good idea, and cheap to implement.

I was going to try to suggest a double kick stand from crowcycles.

More slack in the wiring, and brake cables might be best of all though. On some bikes, I've rerouted cables behind the bars instead of the normal in front to gain an inch more.

Back