Full suspension E-Bike for touring? Do such animal exist?

Inside the toolbox, foam shims and bottom padded.JPG

One way to strengthen a seat post rack enough to carry 50 pounds of touring gear, battery, etc. The two pieces of silver metal make a strong triangle, eliminating swivel, waggle, and most particularly bending and breaking seat posts.

It will handle for shit carrying that much, but the rack and post won't break. And yes,, I have ridden home with a battery, seat, and rack in one hand, after it snapped the post.

So YES, you can use a seatpost rack on a Full Suspension bike, once you modify it so its NOT a seatpost rack anymore.

dogman dan said:

One way to strengthen a seat post rack enough to carry 50 pounds of touring gear, battery, etc. The two pieces of silver metal make a strong triangle, eliminating swivel, waggle, and most particularly bending and breaking seat posts.
Can you write some details about your consturction in the attached picture?
dogman dan said:
It will handle for shit carrying that much, but the rack and post won't break. And yes,, I have ridden home with a battery, seat, and rack in one hand, after it snapped the post.
What weight you were carrying and what was the terrain when it snapped?
dogman dan said:
So YES, you can use a seatpost rack on a Full Suspension bike, once you modify it so its NOT a seatpost rack anymore.
What do you think about what I have built? Will you classify it as non-seatpost rack in this new configuation? Does it look sturdy enough to hold 15kg or so?

thunderstorm80,

I use a thudbuster ST to give me a feel similar to a full suspension. I really love a suspension seat post on an ebike. I even use it on my full suspension bike when I'm feeling rowdy. ;)

This lets me use real racks (yeah, seat post racks will fail from fatigue sooner or later in my experience).
It also lets me use a frame back in the main triangle.

fatish tires (60mm) at moderately low pressure can give a lot of cush too, if your frame can handle the tire width.

hi i am also looking for touring with a bob trailer. 260 lbs total with some hills but pedalling 90 percent of time without the motor ..(so DD is not an option in regard to more drag..)
i dont know if it is an ok practice to give a link for my post , me wanting your advice, ill do it, well see

Ill probalbly go for a downhill bike dual suspension. My main question is should i get a 3000w mid cyclone or a rear geard hub like 500w(or other suggestions) bmp . the cyclone 3k is a little more expensive but if geared hub is sufficient i would choose it.

here is my post
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94482

tx

Back