• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Full Suspension Frames for E-Bikes?

LI-ghtcycle

10 MW
Hello all, I'm looking for ideas on a future frame with full suspension once I'm able to afford one, so I'm looking for suggestions for a very durable, cost effective frame. :)

I do a lot of pedaling, so any suspension that is less prone to absorbing my pedaling power into the rear suspension is ideal (I know that some will be absorbed, so just looking for one that is less likely to do this). :oops:

I am also looking at frames that make as much as possible of the triangle area available for a battery pack. :idea:

Some that I have seen that seem to fit the bill:

Giant Maestro Suspension
giant-reign-2-mountain-bike-45044.jpg

img1524n.jpg

Proflex
pro%20flex.jpg

KHS
07-XC-004.jpg

Motobecane
09trailds8.jpg

K2
10-26-09%20K2%20Lithium%203.0%20001.jpg

Raleigh

I have no real idea which of these brands are solid, which are just "name brand" or what to even look for in the design to make it a good candidate for an E-Bike, if nothing else, please warn me which of these might particularly be a bad idea for use as an E-Bike :lol:

Thanks!

The only frame I trust is one you can throw down a mountain.......that means DH/Freeride spec parts only......Seroiusly I dont know how some of these guys do it, riding these electrified walmart bikes and whatnot . Scary to me . Dual hydraulic disc brakes are needed , real not fake ones like at walmart....

that profelx looks like hell.... id stick with something a real pro rider (downhill) would ride on any given race day......the giant looks ok

Myself I have a rocky mountain switch with 5 inches travel front and rear

LI-ghtcycle said:
I do a lot of pedaling, so any suspension that is less prone to absorbing my pedaling power into the rear suspension is ideal
Generally speaking, the multi-link designs that put the pivot point higher with the crank on the rear arm are the designs that tend to minimize bobbing. An example is the GT i-drive.

New multi-link designs are better for you but some of the older less sophisticated stuff leaves more room in the triangle for the batts. Some of the DH and MTB bikes have room underneath the frame and above/behind, the front tire just remember to allow for the travel. Something you will need to decide on. You can always split the pack half in the triangle half in a rear rack if you need. Lipo packs are smaller and will take up less room when you get to that point. Just remember to take good care of the stuff. Good luck and take your time finding the right stuff.

bikeraider said:
Hi,

I prefer this frame it came complete with dual suspension, motor, batteries, controller, disc brake, charger, CA and his going everywhere! :lol:

Good day!
Bikeraider
He he nice! :D

Is that a kit or your own build? I seem to think I saw it as a kit somewhere .... anyhow, I am trying to make something similar, I just have to build most of it myself, as I can't afford what it would cost to buy a pre-built, nor can I afford most of the current high-end DH bikes, just looking for some ideas on who makes a solid DH frame that is durable, not TOO heavy, and not out of my price-range for something used. :idea:

Aside from the Proflex, they all look like they are decent full suspension frames.

I haven't heard of Motobecane, but it looks alright. The K2 looks like it might be a light XC style. The rest are known big names.

specialized_epic_brain2_p.gif

WoW! now that's a sex-ay frame! I bet I couldn't even afford a used one though! :lol:

According to this site, it's supposed to react different to different terrain, and prevent you pedaling energy from going into the rear shock.

I just like all that space in the triangle. :twisted:

Back