Full Suspension Rear Rack Modded

just looked at this thread because duane was here. if you had no throttle voltage and that switch was the circuit current for the controller then that was your problem.

the legs of the led might have burned off in a short previously so you always were working with a bad switch it appears.

can you find a similar switch or can you just solder a jumper in to power up the controller so you can see if you get a voltage on the throttle or the hall sensors?

dnmun said:
can you find a similar switch or can you just solder a jumper in to power up the controller so you can see if you get a voltage on the throttle or the hall sensors?

Yes ive already replaced the switch with another which did make the CA work and thats how i managed to program it and set it up but it did not give me any voltages on the Hall wires or the throttle coming from the controller.
Ive also replaced the LED which is soldered to the board and im not getting voltages from that either as its not lighting up or giving a reading on the multimeter.

Guess I am lucky cuz I have been doing this for some years so have spare controllers, throttles and motors available. Although dnman has a more abundant supply than I could even hope for. Makes it so much easier to troubleshoot the system. I wish you luck and sanity in your quest for a decent ride.

biohazardman said:
I wish you luck and sanity in your quest for a decent ride.

Yes my Sanity is getting to me now after not hearing anything from grin in email since the 20th of this month, its only been 9 days waiting for a reply after i told them replacing the switch and LED hasnt fixed it. I hope its taken so long because they are organising a private jet to fly it back to Canada from Oz, lol.

TotalConfusion said:
biohazardman said:

Yes my Sanity is getting to me now after not hearing anything from grin in email since the 20th of this month, its only been 9 days waiting for a reply after i told them replacing the switch and LED hasnt fixed it. I hope its taken so long because they are organising a private jet to fly it back to Canada from Oz, lol.

FYI, I emailed grin the other day and they responded that evening.

You've seem to gone through all the trouble to buy some really nice parts it's a shame you seem to have fallen through the cracks. Your dealing with proven company's so I imagine you'll be happy in no time. Fingers crossed for you!

Dan L.

Ah, sanity for our addiction. Wish I could sell some of the precious little I have left to buy more bike parts. :) Sometimes things fall through the cracks you might wait or email again but in the end, no matter what happens, if you keep at it all will be well and worth the frustration.
If you want lots of options for your CA you have lots of connections. If they are not there you can't hook them up. I still have to add another wire to mine for the temperature sensor. You can tie some of them to your brake and derailleur cables to keep the mess under control.

Danschutz said:
TotalConfusion said:
biohazardman said:

FYI, I emailed grin the other day and they responded that evening.

Dan L.

Yes when i 1st emailed Grin they got back to me very fast the 1st 3 times emailing back and forth but i didnt understand the last email fully because one would think if the switch wasnt working and that was the reason im not getting voltages from the controllers Hall wires or Thrrottle because the return switch wire has disconnected itself from the board that when i replaced the switch it would and the CA started working that i would get voltages from the Hall wires and throttle on the controller and im not, So i kind of didnt understand what he was saying because the CA now works and nothing else does.

After telling Justin that the CA is working but the hall wires and throttle still dont have voltage and replacing the LED next to the switch that its still not working i emailed the results 9 days ago back to grin and since sent 2 more emails asking what to do next i have not heard a thing back from them at all but i am enjoying reading the new CA post made by them.

rolls said:
Any news on the problem? ....Fixed?

No no news as of yet, im hoping they are just busy with Orders as they have just restocked alot of things they didnt have.

Its the weekend now so Come Tuesday Morning here im actually going to get up at 4am and give them a call which will be mid afternoon Monday Canadian time and see what we can organise.

Fingers Crossed, I just want to ride my bike, lol.

Well ive just finished trying these 2 mods and still no luck at all with still no respone from http://www.ebikes.ca/

CA V3 Controller Compatibility (Cont.)

by justin_le » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 am

With the V3 CA devices, the functionality of the CA now includes not just throttle limiting, but actually driving the controller's throttle signal directly, and this is NOT possible if there is a diode inline with the throttle signal. So, if you have a CA-DP compatible controller and want to use the CA-V3 device as your new throttle, you will need to do a bit of modification. Here are 3 approaches:

#1) Swap pins around so that the green wire from the CA-DP goes into the controller's regular throttle input. You can either do this at the CA-DP plug end as shown below, or you could do it on the controller end:Plug%20Rewiring.jpg

#2) Insert a short between 5V and your throttle signal. This way the throttle signal is being pulled high by the short circuit, and so the CA only needs to pull the signal down from there which it can do via the diode. This method is easiest for sure, however, it is crucial that you only do it if your controller has a proper over-throttle voltage fault. Otherwise, if you unplug the CA then the controller will take off full tilt as the throttle input is at 5V. You want to be sure that the controller treats this situation as a fault and shuts down.

rolls said:
Any news on the problem? ....Fixed?

Still no news from http://www.ebikes.ca, Its been 20 days since my last email with them. I have how ever emailed them twice and even spoke to them over the phone since the 20th of May and the last phone call i was assured they would respond. My warranty is running out on all my products because this company couldnt be bothered to reply to me and help me after sending me Controller thats not working.

Maybe in 12 months timew they might respond and that way i have wasted all this money on nothing with warranty and had a $1000 worth of battery just waste away.

THIS IS BULLSHIT http://www.ebikes.ca, you sent me broken shit so just replace it please and stop Phucking me around.

999zip999 said:
Maybe just try a different throttle. I'm just guessing and waiting for a happy ending to this drama. Good luck.

Yes just got a nice email from them 15 minutes ago and im happy with whats going on atm, It seems i was just misplaced and forgot about by the team of Technicians on hand as I think Justin has been away. " I was getting very frustrated "

Yes im going to order a standard throttle but will have to wait as my local e bike shop wants $40 for a Basic Wuxing style throttle and im not paying that, Hell i only live on $30 spending money a week and thats my food and bus money included so starving for a week is not an option atm unless i sell something to pay for my losses.

It should work though with the Magura throttle and trim pots to correct the voltage which i have already done and with the CA connected everything is great but it wont spin up the motor.

One other thing that does concern me is i have gotten a controller throttle voltage of 4+ volts twice and the rest of the dozen or so times ive tested for it it hasnt shown up so i played with the wires incase of a broken cable but havent been able to find any bad connection or fault in it.

Can anyone think of a setting that could stop this from working ? remember it wont work even when just plugged into the controller.

999zip999 said:
Have you tried with the C.A. unplugged ?

Yes i tried just hooking up the controller to the throttle with the CA disconnected and still got nothing, thats what made me think the controller is buggered.

Ebikes.ca have spoken to me twice since yesterday and have given me the go ahead to return it which is great but ive ordered a hall Throttle i would like to try 1st before sending it back on the off chance it is the throttle but all seems to be registering correctly with voltages for the Magura after putting in trim Pots.

Ive even tried removing the greem ThO wire out of the 6 pin CA plug and hooking it up with the throttles plug to try and avoid the diod as explained in Page 10 of the Unofficial Guide >>> http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37964&start=225#p571345

Is there someone in the land of OZ that can loan you an ebike tester ? Drkangle has a toolbox thread under his sig. Toolbox bargins for a 14.44 ebike tester. Love it.

999zip999 said:
Is there someone in the land of OZ that can loan you an ebike tester ? Drkangle has a toolbox thread under his sig. Toolbox bargins for a 14.44 ebike tester. Love it.

Ive spoken to Jay from "Hyena" via email and hoiping he may be able to take a look at it before i send it back as i would hate to think its not working due to some simple setting but im sure i cant program this controller like others and conecting the throttle straight into the controller should have given me some sort of feed back but i got nothing.

To be honest funds are very hard to come by atm due to medical cost for my partner but im happy spending a few dollars making sure it is the controller that is not functioning correctly before i send it back. Im just waiting to hear from Jay again regarding this as i can imagine how busy he is with family and Business.

Ive waited this long, an extra week or 2 isnt going to make much difference now.

Im not to sure about those testers as i have not seen one that can do over 60 volts and im running 75 V

Finally got my controller sent off the other day so hopefully it will be back in the shop for them to take a look at by the end of the week and ill hear from them soon.

On another note, I purchased a rear Tektro Dorado Ebrake on monday from a fellow ES member and they arrived today and look great on the bike. I wasnt going to put them on till the weekend but i couldnt help myself after looking at them for an hour i decided to wire in the 4 pin jst connector for the CA and went for a short ride to test them out "Pedal Power only"

They bolted straight on with no problems at all and they are set up better for a hub motor than my Juicy brakes as i have about 4 to 5mm of space next to the motor for clearance so i wouldnt need the extra disk spacer now.

20140723_114217.jpg

Have you tried the controller without the CA? If not that might be the first step. Then if it doesn't work you know it is faulty, Probably. There are a lot of Aussies on this board and someone near you may be able to help.
otherDoc

I Just saw you sent it back. You could probably get a cheep controller from BMSBattery in China in a few days to use in the interm. Cheap and most work well.
otherDoc

I just want to say that you really did things the best way possible. You ordered from 2 of the premier suppliers in the world, and you will be rewarded, hopefully soon. I was most impressed with that Cellman battery, and cheep old me might order my next one from him. Really high quality work. On rare occasions even Grin has a problem. They do almost always set thing right. Hang in there.
otherDoc

Back