Girls on electric bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is ther any girls on electric bikes? heres mine. lets see yours.

[youtube]7EDNk4WitRM[/youtube]

That's a nice fatty! Awesome to see some female DIY, and a gorgeous creation it is.

I've seen a bunch of university girls and older women on ebikes around here but they've all been factory bikes. The female ebikers outnumber the males by my observations in this area.

Other than myself though, I've only seen one other person with a 'custom' bike, but it just looked like he did his own crappy bionx install.

Did you also build the green one with the hot pink accents?

R3volved yes i also built the green salsa mukluk as well. Although it has since been disassembled and sold. The tires are vee 8 26x4

Do YOU know any other DIY fems?
What do your friends think of the bikes?

There's one girl I work with who got totally interested when I let her try my bike. Other than that, seems the girls I talk to don't care much, or it's all about the green transport and that's the depth of interest.
Have you always been interested in general bikes?
Any tips on getting more females involved?

Not exactly DIY girls but a few honorable mentions of wives on eBikes:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61166&hilit

The lovely Missus yKick enjoys riding almost anything I throw together:
View attachment 1
BooLIC2.jpg

Lady on a BBS01

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 4.14.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 4.14.04 PM.png
    158 KB · Views: 6,087
Good lord, I hope I haven't stumbled upon yet another nerdy guy hobby like D&D where there's like 10 male enthusiasts for every 1 of the opposite sex.

Oh, I mean, more pictures!!

fourbanger said:
Good lord, I hope I haven't stumbled upon yet another nerdy guy hobby like D&D where there's like 10 male enthusiasts for every 1 of the opposite sex.

Willing to bet its more like 100 guys to 1 girl ratio on the forum here. Hard to tell with some of the user names, though.

Be like me and start out the hobby with a hot gitlfriend and get her into it. If you cry about the 100 to 1 ratio you will be forever alone in your ebike adventure because of lack of confidence..

I'm referring to active members of Endless-Sphere, more so than ebike riders.
My wife has her own ebike, but doesn't participate on this forum.

fourbanger said:
That's the way it is, there are different interests and skills for the genders.
One time, while in Wichita, I was at a house and the host told me soon a girl would arrive who was the one airplane mechanic at Raytheon Aircraft. I was keen on meeting her because mechanics, particularly airplane ones, are seldom female. When she showed up, I was disappointed to discover she was lesbian. So it goes.
GirlOnMTB11.jpg
girl-riding-ebike-in-europe.jpg
s780_EBike_Girl_2.jpg
130903215508-nts-2x4-electric-bike-c1-main.jpg
14%282%29.jpg
Girl-riding-a-Vintage-Beach-Side-630x472.jpg
4e394c594d47c.preview-300.jpg
velomini1.jpg
url
stride500-white-girl1_grande.jpg

Green Machine said:
...Miley Cyrus...
http://www.electricbike.com/miley-cyrus/
The associated article claims it's her, and that she's riding on a flat toward home. How do we verify it's her?
But, indeed, that's the trick of promoting e-bikes. If celebrities (political or entertainment kind) were pictured using e-bikes enough, popularity wold be assured. I'm not commercially connect to the business, so it's someone else's job.
Miley-Cyrus-Wrecking-Ball-010.jpg

Is that the same leg? I'm afraid the style of clothing doesn't match.

Nehmo said:
That's the way it is, there are different interests and skills for the genders.
One time, while in Wichita, I was at a house and the host told me soon a girl would arrive who was the one airplane mechanic at Raytheon Aircraft. I was keen on meeting her because mechanics, particularly airplane ones, are seldom female. When she showed up, I was disappointed to discover she was lesbian. So it goes.
GirlOnMTB11.jpg
I wrote Seats and Saddles for Electric Bikes for electricbike.com. This gal is not on an electric bike. Frankly, I can't imagine riding a bike in those clogs, but then most guys aren't staring at that. I forget where the pic came from, although I think she's just a model for the bike.

Here's a good shot of my Hex from her best side: :wink:

[imp]http://www.electricbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/LaFemmeXCountry.jpg[/img]
grandma-on-bike-low.jpg

This is actually a retouched image that I performed over a retouched mash-up of a So-Cal gal that was cropped onto a French countryside.

There is another thread around here about women on bikes, but I can't seem to remember it.

Riding solo, KF

Typical forum. MODELS on EBikes not real women. Disappointing. But expected...

i just saw a dowdy middle aged woman, not the kinda vulnerable child you guys seem to think are so appealing until you have to pay child support after they dump your lame ass, and this woman was in need of assistance and she was riding a delta trike with the huge inward tilt on the rear wheels, but she was using an ecospeed drive to power it. as in real money electric assist. yaking at the kids on their regular bikes, was a joy to see. go gettem ma.

ps, gay girls are better than straight girls by a long shot. they have the courage to defy the patriarchical injustices of our male dominated ignoramous controlled culture. i enjoy them tremendously and support them at every opportunity i get. they are the people changing the world. not the ignorant rednecks from small town yahooville throughout the middle of the country.

girls on bikes is a huge thing here and all you people who enjoy your self serving prerogatives as members of the dominant sex just do not get it. girls ride bikes here. big time. this was not the case 35 years ago when i rode bikes on the streets and fought off the godam cars.

My girl will ride anything ha ha heres her progression

Her "witchy bike"
piggy_zpsc2812db8.jpg

Her cruiser
piggggy_zps4240821b.jpg

Her "bouncy bike"
20140505_161626_zps4ca88ea2.jpg

her lazy bike lol
pigggy_zpsff457acb.jpg

and her
pig_zps646be866.jpg

70 mile rides are so much more fun watchy a cute booty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back