GNG, 1000W 48V BB-drive, $400

but $156 is price from taobao,
+ $3-8 domestic ship to taobao agent
+ $13-15 taobao agent fee
+ 8kg ship from China to your country , for example by sea parcel to USA, 20-45 days 8kg is $84 , then cheapest minimal is $263 =)

Pretty incredible, even at $263! I wonder now if there's a minimum order size? If I owned a bike-store, I'd get some of these and run a 20A sensorless controller, swap-in a spring-tensioned primary chain idler, and advertise them as a US-legal 750W kit using a 15-Ah battery pack.

Gotta love the Google translate:

"The video sample car installed 48V450W kit, 36V350W motor efforts be weaker Oh!"

A better pic of the chainconversion, since the vid was with some foggy glasses.
WP_001018.jpg

Sorry, i don't know about your GNG controller :/. Infineon ( lyen, cell_man etc ) controllers can be programmed indeed. That is the big draw to them.

There are many threads on this forum about programming the controller.

Cyclebutt said:
neptronix said:
It's the low end torque that kills these gears / chain and belts. I bet the standard controller isn't tuned for a proper battery to phase amp ratio. I'll share you a little trick that saved the planetary reduction gears in hub motors before we had those fancy composite gears ;)..

If you have a lyen/infineon controller, the default phase amp to battery ratio is something like 3:1, or 60 amp phase to 20 amp battery, for example.

This allows you to put out really fantastic low end torque from a stall, but it does produce a very large peak of torque, as you know electric motors are characteristically capable of producing.

If you dial back the phase amp to battery amp ratio to say, 2.5:1, the low end torque will be much less intense, but the mid-high torque will be just the same. Venture into 2:1 ratios and you will see in some motors - torque actually being really low from 0rpm, and gradually ramping up, much like an internal combustion engine where all your torque is made near the RPM limit of the motor.

Give it a shot guys. I bet your springs and belts will last longer if you do this. It will be less exciting, it will be harder to do a wheelie, but the kit should last a lot longer.

Okay, I'm sold. But, I don't have a Lyen/Infineon controller (These are both programmable?), just this little deal from GNG. Let's say I want to go with the a phase amp to battery ratio of around 2.25:1 to 2:1 region. Is there a resistor or circuit I can modify/add to my existing controller to change it from the (assumed for this controller?) default of 3:1? and still get full performance at the top RPMs?
Also, don't the Lyen controllers have throttle lag issues as well? Seems I saw that in another thread, one of my complaints about the stock controller/throttle/motor set-up.

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-18826436986.html#shipping_ca

Says
1080 g

errrrummmm, something clearly wrong there :lol:

I saw that too. Further down in the description it says the "kit" is 7800g. I wonder if the listing is just for the motor and nothing else?

Oy, i'd buy it, shave the shunt on the controller just a hair to drop a few amps, and sell it as a 36v..
It would run at the proper RPM, which would be a lot better.

spinningmagnets said:
Pretty incredible, even at $263! I wonder now if there's a minimum order size? If I owned a bike-store, I'd get some of these and run a 20A sensorless controller, swap-in a spring-tensioned primary chain idler, and advertise them as a US-legal 750W kit using a 15-Ah battery pack.

Gotta love the Google translate:

"The video sample car installed 48V450W kit, 36V350W motor efforts be weaker Oh!"

hm may be really 1080g, shipping must be ultra cheap,
I bought one too.

upd

"dear, goods is out of stock. thanks" - anwser from my agent yoybuy.com

Really, by sort of purchases this item is bestseller http://www.mistertao.com/index.php?main_page=search&SearchKey=bicycle%20brushless%20motor&status=All&sp=0&ad=volume

christerljung said:
The trickiest part of this conversion was the chaintensioner. Very hard to get it in the exact position. I had a much more fancy looking rotating spring for the tensioner(instead of the rubber band), but i just couldnt manage to get in correct position.
chaindrives ... <- page 34

Bro ... i've got the news about the new kit of Brushless motor GEN 2
Here Fresh from oven ( TODAY JUST MADE IT !!) even The GNG still havent put it in his web ^^
Wanna to know it ^^ ? I think GNG Mr Chan will sell it about $320 - $350
Below pictures
pic 8.jpg
pic 3.jpg
View attachment 1
pic 2.jpg

Thanks

snellemin said:
Nice and simple, but will it climb as good as the dual stage reduction?

Seems that it is based on a hub motor setup, so it is likely capable of less power and lower efficiency.
That's just a guess.

Now if this thing has a 2 stage planetary reduction in it, it might be decent.

caijunze, several builders have worked on converting small geared hubs to a BB-drive. Having the bracketry available for to the public for purchase is a good development. I suspect the GNG belted primary would be quieter than a Bafang-ish planetary-geared primary, but this could prove to be very affordable.

This is different enough from the GNG 450W kit that perhaps it deserves its own thread?

This is different enough from the GNG 450W kit that perhaps it deserves its own thread?

definitely :D

Having the bracketry available for to the public for purchase is a good development.
This is not only a bracket. It's a completely redesigned motor :) You can make a brackets yourself using a hacksaw, a 34mm hole saw and a file ;)

I suspect the GNG belted primary would be quieter than a Bafang-ish planetary-geared primary
most noise from the geared hubs does the rotor IMO (3rd, 5th and 7th harmonic due block/trapezoid commutation) . There is almost no difference if you take out the gears and let the motor run with a friction load alone, which i accidently did when converting my hub. Additionally all my hubs have resonances when spinning at certain rpm.

Yes the new design loooks REAL good if its a geared motor and at least as tough as a MAC!

EDIT: If you look in the pic of the finished product you can see in the background there is another one and it IS in fact a geared motor and the ring gear looks very robust! Hopefully a good sign! VERY NICE!!!

Boy if the gears are strong in this thing, you should be able to oil cool it for power upgrades and really have a killer setup! I am liking the direction this stuff is going! Nice job!

The weight about 3.5 kg , but the salesman said that the climbing ability not as good as the GEN 1 ,,,
this kit design for the road bike

Welll this design is almost looks like the EGO kits ... Direct drive ..
But for more climbing ability i think we must change the controller to 50A

I think we might open a new thread ^^
Because this brushless motor GEN 2 also One of THE NEWEST GNG's product ...
there are 2 option 36v 350w and 48V 450W.

iperov said:
GNG origin: from china $156 http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-18826436986.html
Am I reading this right? Same kit shipped to the USA in 15 days,with a tracking number, for under $200 USD? That's 1/2 price, my friend! Bookmarked for future. Anyone here tried this source before?

crossbreak said:
Looks like my converted hubmotor. I guess it uses a planetary reduction as well so it might actually be 2-stage. The missing freewheel on the sprocket is also a sign for that.
Was thinking the same thing. Mid drive is here to stay, lots of good ideas here.

Back