GT E-drive from Russia

It was a loooong winter. Many things changed since :)

somebody probably saw my posts about cromotor. So today I finally managed to install rear brakes on GT.

here was the start of the rear brake- quest http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33831&p=535553&hilit=gustav#p535553

IMG_20120216_183555.jpg

IMG_20120216_183842.jpg

so here is the end of story :) A bit of filing of 2 adapters and viola :) sorry for crappy phone pictures.

IMG_20120319_190404.jpg

IMG_20120319_190412.jpg

IMG_20120319_190632.jpg

it`s not so big clearance left but it works well though

IMG_20120319_190503.jpg

IMG_20120319_191333.jpg

also you may see one of torque arms - there are 3 of them total - each 4mm of stainless steel laser cut to fit 16mm of cromotor axle.
I hope 12mm total of torque arms would be enough :D

btw got my go-pro 2, so after the roars become dry more crazy videos to come :)
for now tried it only at the office (long hall there) it pulls wheelies easy at only 65amps at 75volts (half discharged 20s lipo)

GCinDC said:
awesome. you running regen?
andreym said:
I hope 12mm total of torque arms would be enough
perhaps worm clamp the weak link tho?
psyched for the vids! stay safe!
Sure, Greg, regen is there. And rear brakes just for additional safety, most of the time I use regen and with this motor it is even more effective than with previous HS.
clamp is only working while regen btw - so not so much work for it. Also torque arm bolted to the disk brake caliper mount so I believe it will be enough.

I also have another frame almost here - was traveled from the 30th of December by sea from AUS. So probably this motor will get new decent dropouts soon :D

But I still want to try it on GT at least for some time - it`s handling is very good at speed and I`m not sure if the new frame will be as good as this one.

posting some of your vids here for you, andrey, for those who haven't subscribed...
[youtube]qxioDmCZFF0[/youtube]
[youtube]hAxhsRvDCe4[/youtube]
awesome place to hang out and ride here, man:
[youtube]KTEwL_1DXKE[/youtube]
[youtube]a70j7R2w2TI[/youtube]
[youtube]g9uXDJ-BzRg[/youtube]
[youtube]USb2VDg4MHw[/youtube]
great stuff. :wink:

GCinDC said:
posting some of your vids here for you, andrey, for those who haven't subscribed...

great stuff. :wink:

oh - thanks, Greg,
I nearly forgot about this thread :oops:

ok, so your commute is 15 miles and you can feed current to the cromotor the whole time with only 2p, as in 10Ah??? (which @ 4.1(?) is really more like 9Ah, no?

i have to go very slow to conserve power to make it that far...

or is your ultra secret sinusoidal controller set to low amps?

it doesn't seem to have a problem doing wheelies? are you using hall effect throttle or magura, and if magura, what resistors are you using on + and GND lines?

GCinDC said:
ok, so your commute is 15 miles and you can feed current to the cromotor the whole time with only 2p, as in 10Ah??? (which @ 4.1(?) is really more like 9Ah, no?
i have to go very slow to conserve power to make it that far...
or is your ultra secret sinusoidal controller set to low amps?
it doesn't seem to have a problem doing wheelies? are you using hall effect throttle or magura, and if magura, what resistors are you using on + and GND lines?

my commute is 30km one way. Obviously I charge at work.
I really have to control my consumption not to pedal last few km`s :)
there are 3 modes now:

- one is ECO: 15a battery 50a phase current 50kph speed limit(used only if i need to go farther than usual)
-2nd is NORMAL: 35a battery 80a phase current 80kph speed limit - I use it 90% of the way to work and back
-third is BOOST: 90battery 110a phase current and virtually no speed limit - used only if I need maximum acceleration.
If I set phase current more than 115-120amps It will be very easy to do a wheelie and not safe for on road use.

I also like to use drafting :) especially big bus or a trailer - helps to save ah even at 70-80kph.

Actually planning to add one more P to the battery to make it 15ah because I`d like to use 3rd mode more frequent :)

here is the bike charging at charging station today:

[youtube]eeQNhUKamWc[/youtube]

put 0.5kwhr in 20 minutes :D

IMG_20120507_172928.jpg

Made a couple of runs with a friend on Yamaha Jog 70CC 11HP moped.
Because of my limited phase current (not to do a wheelie) I`m loosing couple meters BEFORE 30pkh mark.
Than my top speed is limited by voltage.... and Jog is 4-5kph faster at the end.
BUT the midrange(30-70kph) of Cromotor is AWESOME :)
I need 150v battery and controller :D

[youtube]AV78FbHUnoA[/youtube]

GCinDC said:
So did your 20a pack die early from overuse? >80% usage?

And will you share the car 1248fpb settings for 48?
:mrgreen:
no - my nano-pack is still alive but I will probably sell it because now it`s collecting dust.
I will probably never go below 24s with a cromotor :D

as for charger settings - you need no additional pins to short actually.
If you`re going to use it for 12S only a3-b3 connection is requred. And fine tune with a pot at the top.
ah - and please do not forget to hotglue the cables this time :)

car1248pinout1.png

GCinDC said:
ah, freedom at last!

...but you will ruin ebikes for everyone in moscow, maybe all of russia, because they will have to make laws to discourage such reckless driving. :lol:

belive me, unless there are many thousands of ebikers on the roads, they do not care. At all...
so we are happy for now, at least until there are very small ebike community in Russia.

andreym said:
one more is processing right now...

[youtube]oARuMDtLNm0[/youtube]

Ahh quite amusing :) cops always give me the stink eye for being a zippy pedalist.

So You are the ES member I found myself inspired by last winter!

I'm kind of interested in the controller of Yours. Could You direct me towards more information?

ok andrey, this is very interesting. can you give a few words of explanation in english?
[youtube]-HAEcsB5S28[/youtube]
you've got an HP server power supply, but what's that under the seat?

the title implies you're feeding current back to the battery from the phase wires...

what is the max controller?

best,

g

GCinDC said:
ok andrey, this is very interesting. can you give a few words of explanation in english?
what is the max controller?
best,
g
yep - it is a Maxcontroller - sorry for comments on Russian, I should make an English version as well :)
yes - any PSU with sufficient power and the voltage less that battery voltage can be connected to negative charge wire(each max-e and mini-e will have this wire) and to positive through coil (inductance 15-30uH) to any of the phase wires. While all the phase wires should be still connected to the motor.
So only 2 leads connected to PSU will cause the controller enter the charge mode.
Coil is a must, it will not work well without it.
Charge current and max battery voltage could be set up in the menu, and it will charge the battery as CC\CV charger, even if the PSU does not have CC mode.

BTW GT has a new life and a new owner right now.
0_87e86_6a187bd2_L.jpg

more details here http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=7499.msg259383#msg259383

and I finally created a new topic for my videos http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47970

Back