HELP! Im try to finish this build before Xmas

Alexirving

100 µW
HELP!!
Trying to get this bike build finished for Xmas and can’t seem to get the Flipsky controller to control the motor any help much appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Have you tried using the VESC Tool? It needs to be installed on your computer, and then you connect it to your controller to configure how the motor will operate.

I had a problem twice. The first time, I didn't connect the wires from the hall sensor properly, and the VESC Tool informed me of that as an error. The second time, the VESC Tool indicated that everything was fine, but the motor didn't work until I changed the extension cable.

I think that if you describe your problem more thoroughly, someone might come forward who could help you.

I had a problem twice. The first time, I didn't connect the wires from the hall sensor properly, and the VESC Tool informed me of that as an error. The second time, the VESC Tool indicated that everything was fine, but the motor didn't work until I changed the extension cable.

I think that if you describe your problem more thoroughly, someone might come forward who could help you.
thank you, to be honest I’m an absolute novice so my post was simply a cry for help to see if there were any Flipsky gurus around

Knowing which specific faults they are might help us help you .

Otherwise we can only make wild guesses, since we know nothing about the hardware you're using (other than it's a Flipsky VESC of some type), or your wiring, battery, etc.

The more information you provide, the more likely we are to be able to help you.

The less information you provide, the less likely we are to be able to help you.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I’m not to good at these things and I’ve spent a lot of time waiting for other people who have made promises e.g. making the battery and the box to fit the battery in etc
Anyway, it’s all on the bike now and I’m trying to program it
I’ve got a flipsky, 75100 controller, and a 3000 W direct drive hub motor. The battery is ample to power it all.
I’ve tried using the wizard on VESC but it just keeps throwing up error codes
I’ve put all the parameters in manually and I can get the back wheel to spin but it doesn’t always respond on the first pull on the throttle and an error code is displayed to do with voltages
The hub motor I’m using does have hall sensors, but again I’m having to run the controller sensorless as the bike will not run with the whole sensors connect through VESC
Final point I’m trying to connect a e bike digital display, I’ve connected as per the wiring diagram, but nothing apart for power? does this need setting up through VESC as well?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Hello,

Unfortunately, I’m not to good at these things and I’ve spent a lot of time waiting for other people who have made promises e.g. making the battery and the box to fit the battery in etc
Anyway, it’s all on the bike now and I’m trying to program it
I’ve got a flipsky, 75100 controller, and a 3000 W direct drive hub motor. The battery is ample to power it all.
I’ve tried using the wizard on VESC but it just keeps throwing up error codes
I’ve put all the parameters in manually and I can get the back wheel to spin but it doesn’t always respond on the first pull on the throttle and an error code is displayed to do with voltages
The hub motor I’m using does have hall sensors, but again I’m having to run the controller sensorless as the bike will not run with the whole sensors connect through VESC
Final point I’m trying to connect a e bike digital display, I’ve connected as per the wiring diagram, but nothing apart for power? does this need setting up through VESC as well?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

All I can suggest with the little info provided so far is that you have a wiring fault or connection problem, or something that's incompatible, or something that is setup wrong, somewhere in the system. That's not very useful to you.

We're going to need detailed info to provide detailed help.

Otherwise we can only make guesses, since we still know almost nothing about the hardware you're using, how it's connected, how it's setup, etc.

I wish it was easier but there are so many many possible problems, parts combinations, settings combinations, etc., that without knowing exactly what you have, how it's connected, how it's setup, and what specific exact errors you see and exactly when they happen, I could write a book about things you can check and test, and still not cover everything...and it wouldn't really help you.

We don't have your wiring diagram, so we don't know how you should have wired it, or how you actually did wire it (which may not be identical; a very common problem).

We don't know which motor you're using.

We don't know what display you're using.

We don't know what battery you're using.

We don't know what settings you're using.

We don't know what specific errors you're getting.

So...if you tell us:

-- *exactly* what you have (preferably with links to the pages they were bought from, since those will have information on them that you will otherwise have to provide in detail yourself)

-- *exactly* what errors you are getting

-- under *exactly* what conditions

-- using *exactly* what settings

-- with *exactly* what connections

we can start trying to figure out what has been connected wrong, or set wrong, or is incompatible, or is damaged or defective, so you can correct those problems / replace those parts, and get your system working.

Other speculation that might not apply depending on your system specifics (that we don't have):

Your display might not be compatible with your controller. Is it on the controller's list of compatible displays? If there isn't a list, your controller might not support a display at all. (different versions of the same controller may or may not work with any specific external part depending on it's firmware and how it was setup at the factory; sometimes that's user-correctable, sometimes not). If the controller is compatible with many displays, it may require specific settings to work with a specific display; you'd have to check the controller manual for what setting to use with which specific display, and where to change that. If there is no manual, you could check the main VESC project website for the project documentation, but if the manufacturer of your specific controller chose to do things differently than that, it won't apply, and the manufacturer would have to provide the info to do this.

If the whole bike stops working (wont' run) when the "whole" (hall?) sensors are connected to the controller, then the wiring is probably wrong and shorting something out. This could have damaged the connected devices and be causing other issues.

If you get voltage errors, you could have a battery problem (excessive voltage sag under load). You'd have to test the battery itself to find out what is causing that.

If the voltage errors are not about *battery voltage*, then you could have an incorrect setting in the controller about the device the voltage error is about, or a wrong or poor connection between the device the voltage error is about and the controller.

Last edited:
So the bike is running well and on the stand runs perfectly
Under load (when my son is sat on it) if he pulls the twist throttle to quickly the bike vibrates horribly like it’s incorrect phase sequencing but if he’s smooth with the throttle it runs perfectly? Seen that before anyone?

Thanks

Flipsky 75100
3000w hub motor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
I've had similar issues with all the flip sky controllers. The issue is that the auto detect values are completely out of whack.

You could switch over to bldc instead of foc mode or play with the values.
I've managed to make my motors run decently after a few hours of trying different values.

I've had similar issues with all the flip sky controllers. The issue is that the auto detect values are completely out of whack.

I've managed to make my motors run decently after a few hours of trying different values.
I don’t know enough about any of the values to attempt this myself where would I start?

I don’t know enough about any of the values to attempt this myself where would I start?
Post your settings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
So the bike is running well and on the stand runs perfectly
Under load (when my son is sat on it) if he pulls the twist throttle to quickly the bike vibrates horribly like it’s incorrect phase sequencing but if he’s smooth with the throttle it runs perfectly? Seen that before anyone?

Try increasing "Hall Sensor Extra Samples" (read help along w/ that option as well).

It is in: Motor Settings -> FOC -> Hall Sensor

Value of 5 (default is 1) have helped me run the motor smooth at low speed, high load

Back