Help to choose hub motor

Hi all,

I have a Giant stance 2 that I what to convert with a geared hub motor. (I don't want a mid drive) I check for several vendor but I'm not sure what to choose.

First thing is most of the kit that see don't have 27.5 inch wheel option. I would prefer to have a ready kit with the wheel.

At the moment I have an E bike with a bafang 8fun 500w that I really like. I was looking for something similar. I saw a kit a kit on aliexpress that is really cheap with a 27.5 inch option, what do you think of that?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V-500W-8fun-Bafang-Freehub-Cassettle-Type-Hub-Motor-Rear-Wheel-Electric-Bike-Conversion-Kit/32722875687.html?spm=2114.30010308.8.32.8w3r6u

Also is it hard to move my actual cassette from my bike to the hub motor? I have hydraulic brakes on my bike but I didn't see any kit with hydraulic brake option.

If you have any suggestion for me it's would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If the motor has a freehub, it should be as simple as just moving the cassette. There's separate brake senors you can hook up, or maybe just a mercury switch if you want to diy.

Back