• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hill Climb Event in San Francisco May 14th...

Thud said:
HEHE.
I bet he did win huge....thats friggin crazy!..that set up can idel up that hill & not get warm...I assume he missed the road race earlier....curious on how the "pepto-bismal bullet" handled.

Just needs to run it on the flat now, set a top speed then
hammer it down a 1/4 mile should be good for 16 second
passes and put it out of a hub motored bike's reach :p thats all assuming Luke can keep the front wheel on the ground... always a set of wheelie bars Luke! 15 minutes with a welder angle grinder and a skate board and i'm positive you could fit a set on!? perhaps just do it at the track?! use your LiPO pack to
arc weld the wheeliebars to the bike! :mrgreen: LoL

KiM

Sorry, Wifey and I were having dinner with an old hunting buddy, just got home....

Here are Luke's pix from the bike build:
View attachment 9
View attachment 8
View attachment 7
View attachment 6
View attachment 5
View attachment 4
View attachment 3
View attachment 2
Note that the ammeter is PEGGED charging... I would expect no less.

View attachment 1

From Alan's write up below, It's good to see that "Capt'n Sparky" had a great day! Wonder if he has converted to brushed motors now for good? ... inquiring minds want to know!!

Wow. What a day. Luke's Agni and 650 amp controller were awesome. But to ride it you had to acknowledge on video that you understood the risk. AT about 15% THROTTLE it would launch. Right out from under you. Even with extended rear chainstay. We have video.

Anyway, I made it home safely. When I left they were doing a road race. Luke was so far ahead he's probably in another timezone by now.

Fun Day!

Nice meeting folks. Now if I can just remember all the names!!!

My 6x10 9C 75V Lipo Lyen 12 FET commuter made it up the hill. Got rather hot. It was not the grade so much, but the rough road that made you have to run slow.

One 9C was smoked into flame. RIP.

No notable injuries at least till the roadrace.

Just got these in, pix from the top and the winner's trophy!!
IMAG1260.jpg
IMAG1265.jpg

Congrat's again, looks like it was a blast!!

oMG ! Congrat Luke!!

An Agni, 650 amp and ... STOCK SPOKES !!!!!! :shock: :shock: and they did not broke!!! 8)

Doc

Ok so after the event...

After the trophy ceremony we decided to take a fun ride around the headlands loop. The weather was spectacular with these crystal clear views.

Bmxed on a amped up 9c (running 100 volts) tried to pass Physics on his monster machine on a corner, with a guard rail one one side with a cliff, and bank on the other.

We figured later the speeds we are talking are over 50mph....

Anyway bmxed on his 20" wheeled frame lost control and slammed into the embankment....breaking his wrist pretty badly...and snapping the "opti killer" the orange bmx bike.

Physics rode back on his monster to fetch bmxed's car, and bmx was able to drive himself to the hospital in san jose...a remarkable accomplishment given his right wrist is broken and his car is a stick shift..

Bmxed called me from the hospital and wanted everyone to know that he arrived ok...he had a terrific time...but of course he sounded sad about the finale. He did annunciate he had a great time however...i am hoping a good enough time to be worth broken wrist and broken bike. :cry:

I will post race results later....final times and speeds....anyone who has pics please continue to post.

E

Alan, I'm here with the TTXGP team at Infineon, and everybody is dying to see the video of norcalsk8r exploding into a heat like he got hit with a catapult.

I have the picture the guy broken arm and destroyed e-bike. Let me resize the pictures and ton recorded videos from my HTC Thunderbolt. :)

PS Another guy named Hom, He tried ride on Luke's nasty ebmx and HE FLIPPED and the Luke's eBMX flew into air!!!!! It was hilarious!!!! Someone captured video record too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just reviewed the video on my laptop. It is pretty good! That is the first time I tried video on this DSLR, and it was hard to see the controls, so I had to guess a bit.

Anyway, this short video is 109 megabytes. Who wants to process it? I'm not set up to do that at this time. Rather a big file due to HD quality from a Nikon D7000 DSLR.

Any other suggestions on how to handle it? Sorry I'm not set up to do that, need to fix that.

No animals, bikes or riders were harmed in the making of this video. At least not much... :shock:

For prosperity (in case i lose the paper plate i have it written on) here are the final winning race times in the unlimited section.

There was a radar gun mid course that recorded the fastest obtained speed in the fastest section of the track...but this entire track was gnarly. This track was nearly a half mile long.

Physics claims he did not get over 15% throttle because of how rugged and twisty this trail was.

1st One minute 22 seconds 30mph (slackers ridge record) Luke on the Agni Monster. 650 amps 100v :shock:

2nd One minute 43 seconds 25mph Bmxed Dave on his bmx giant killer 100v 9c (RIP)

3rd 2 minutes 7 seconds 24mph...Lukes partner Paul on the agni project riding the Agni Monster

4th 2 minutes 9 seconds 32mph Bmx dave riding on Lukes Agni Monster (the sprocket came off close to the end of the race).

If anyone wants to take a crack at one of these times...head out to the marin headlands...and here is the course for you to try on yourself for size:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4506685

I wonder if anyone will be able to beat Lukes record.

If you have a gmail acct, log in with it, and put it on YouTube.

I think you can upload it to youtube as is. Youtube was designed to handle every format pretty much.

If not i have an FTP account, a youtube account, and some good video format conversion software here.
PM me if needed.

Let me point out that I just happened to be wearing an S&M shirt at the event, but I have no affiliation with S&M bikes.

I'm just a guy who likes to machine and weld stuff in his garage at home.

Sometimes crazy stuff like that monstrosity we ran today is the result...

Editing and uploading to YouTube... I will link the moment its done. :)

Good meeting you all. Got back no problem, my gf helped out, went to the ER and they set me up with a sling. It was left wrist and they said it's not a bad break. great day regardless.
later

bmxed said:
Good meeting you all. Got back no problem, my gf helped out, went to the ER and they set me up with a sling. It was left wrist and they said it's not a bad break. great day regardless.
later

You are a very tough guy, and a damn fine rider on a damn fine machine. It was a pleasure racing with you today, and I'm glad the break isn't something more serious. :)

The video everyone has been waiting for... :)

This is NorCalSk8or trying out a very M.E.N.S. bike for the first time... Turn up the sound so you can hear me making him say he understands he is riding at his own risk, and understands the bike is dangerous. It's perfect. Somebody should go through with some slo-mo action on the wrecking part, a lot of things to follow at once with the bike, rider, shoe, rocks all flying around so fast.

Enjoy,

-Luke

[youtube]NCpzXIPXdAQ[/youtube]

Back