How to install a new battery for a bicycle?

RoyStevenson

1 µW
How To Adjust Thread Tension On Your Sewing Machines

Adjusting the thread tension is not as hard as you think. I have seen a lot of sewists hesitate because they don’t want to make matter worse. So here I will share with you how to adjust thread tension properly.

How to tell if the tension is not right?

There are many sewing machines for beginners that have automatic thread tension control. However, knowing how to adjust it yourself will give you more control over any situation.

If you are the one who is still in search of such sewing machines, visit our Crafts Selection
XxHxp2r.gif
website to read our comprehensive sewing machine reviews for a better decision.

When the machine runs normally, the stitches look the same on both sides of the project. So when they are not, you know there is something wrong.

2RrmPl9.jpg

If the thread comes out easily when you tug the project, it is probably because of the thread tension.

When you see the issue, this could mean two things:

-The tension coming through the needle is too strong.

-The tension in charge of controlling the thread is too weak.

However, before you try to adjust the thread tension, grab your user manual and rethread the machine. My best sewing machine for beginners has a super detailed manual that makes the task so fast and easy. You can read more sewing machine reviews online at
PdyBOxA.gif
Top Sewing Products CraftsSelection.com to choose the right machine for your budget.

In case you lost your manual or somehow cannot make out the instruction. Here is what to do:

Unthread the needle thread

Take the bobbin out, remember to remove its case. Then clean the bobbin thoroughly. See if there is anything like thread bits or fuzz that is not blocking the upper thread’s pathway. Clean it if there is.

Is the needle in good shape? If you have used it for more than 10 hours straight, it’s time to change it.

When you are a newbie, you can save money on the machine and the result is still good. But never save money by using needles again and again.

How to adjust the tension

T1Jkpdk.png

To adjust the upper tension, turn the knob just a little bit. If the bobbin needs more power, try lowering the thread tension a bit. If the problem comes from the bobbin, find a screw on the flat side of the case.

Turning it clockwise and the tension will be tightened, while doing it counterclockwise, the tension will be loosened.

This is a trial-and-error process actually. After you adjust the needle or the bobbin, make a few stitches on a piece of fabric. If the adjustment you make is not working, try again.

The task can be time-consuming at first, but with a large project, the tension can make or break it. So it’s worth spending the time to find the right combination.

Don’t know what are cheap sewing machines to buy? There is a list of the best inexpensive sewing machine for beginners reviewed at
L6lTE6Z.gif
Best Sewing and Craft Machine CraftsSelection.com for your reference. Check it out!

RoyStevenson said:
I have been using the electric bike for 2 years, I am feeling the quality of the battery is decreasing, because the time to use after fully charged is not much anymore. Can I install a new battery? Where can I installed it? Can you suggest me? Thanks a lot

Probably, but you have to provide more information about your bike (model, maker, etc), or at least some pictures to get started.

Since you did not build your bike from scratch like many of use on this forum do, your best bet is to find the original seller, or manufacturer of the bike. Then get a new battery from them.

Some bikes have fairly generic batteries that carry in a "shark pack" mount, or a rear rack mount. Others have very specific batteries and mounts, and even proprietary electronics inside the battery.

Back