Hubmonster teardown

Definitely see some similarities in attitude, ElectricGod doesn't have a monopoly on needless aggression. Either way, I think fubgumfaw is contributing and is doing some interesting stuff.

its ok. i get deja vu every time i open up another motor :D

fubgumfaw said:
If you do take your motor apart and I recommend you do, you will need a 3 jaw puller

yep iv got one ready, but i know how those magnets like to skew and grind on their way in and out even with the puller so im probably going to (if i even bother)just push the side cover off from bell side, then pull it off from cover side once its popped, and just inspect the windings to make sure there is no corrosion or anything, just from one side leaving the stator in the bell, then silicone back up.

great tips about consolidating halls/phases sets, i think i got the info from J. in cr and others just a few pages back, at least they knew the plugs i had and told me which sets were paired.

TorgueRPM said:
Definitely see some similarities in attitude, ElectricGod doesn't have a monopoly on needless aggression. Either way, I think fubgumfaw is contributing and is doing some interesting stuff.

WTF are you guys talking about? I'm NEW! WHAT attitude? Why make a new members life hell by accusing them of BS they didn't do? Or is this just how it is on Endless Sphere? I have met people that won't post here because of trolls and bullies. So is that the case or is everyone going to stop this stupid petty nonsense already?!

I can always go back to NOT posting anything and just reading...no skin off my nose! My suggestion here is that the good people give the trolls and bullies a serious beat down so they get nice real fast! This has got to be one of the dumbest/idiotic/asinine/puerile and pathetic things I've ever seen! Some people really NEED to grow up! I'd expect this sort of thing from children!

So then...here's my plan...
1. There's that foes list thing. Accuse me of stuff, I just add you there and then you get blocked.
2. This will be my only response to petty little children.
3. You'll just get added to that list and get ignored.

I have met people that won't post here because of trolls and bullies. So is that the case or is everyone going to stop this stupid petty nonsense already?!

I’d be interested to hear which users you refer to? Do they also have one of your former user id:s?

I'm ignoring the handbags swinging this forum is for info sharing and im not getting involded in it the name electric god seems to follow me about.

On topic heres something poped up not the 50kw hub i can only find images of the ym moyor 15kw luxury tile motor that waa used for that buy thia is a different build simular to what the 10 inch hub wouod be like i imagine ruthless to any tire.
[youtube]HqR7Bo1uIYA[/youtube]

Ill sit there for a while watching foreign stuff extracting pictures so i can search Google for same names ive found thats how i found the bld72701 controllers and they water cooling board, i payed simular for the whole setup what most try and sell a high end controller cooling block for.

Ianhill said:
I'm ignoring the handbags swinging this forum is for info sharing and im not getting involded in it the name electric god seems to follow me about.

On topic heres something poped up not the 50kw hub i can only find images of the ym moyor 15kw luxury tile motor that waa used for that buy thia is a different build simular to what the 10 inch hub wouod be like i imagine ruthless to any tire.
[youtube]HqR7Bo1uIYA[/youtube]

Ill sit there for a while watching foreign stuff extracting pictures so i can search Google for same names ive found thats how i found the bld72701 controllers and they water cooling board, i payed simular for the whole setup what most try and sell a high end controller cooling block for.

Did you identify the motor? He needs a bit more weight over the back tire so it stays planted better. Of course, if all he's after is burning rubber, then a light back end will help that nicely. I don't know...seems unridable to me. I'd lie to see a lot more info about the build.

1620721559294.png
1620721621917.png

That's the ym motor i may have been dreaming its water cooling varient but thats a 15kw dual 16mm phases thats gonna wanna eat like a universal soldier.

1620721589856.png
1620721595239.png

This is the one im fond off its a 10inch wheel 230mm dropout and 16mm single phases 7kw nominal 14kw max but it says iy will do 300 batt amps no problem so been a qs label plate u can ×3 for a decent peak figure.

Only guys ive seen underrate they stuff by miles.

That guy needs to pack some mass on and learn to get into it like colin mcrae if in doubt balls out flat out let her eat cake there be no brake.

I built a battery for a Ym Wuxi 6 phase motor. Six fat ass phase wires. 12 or 10 inch motor for a scoot. Idk where it came from or how much it cost but it had (6) 4 gauge.

It was stolen off a porch in Canada so I'm building another. The goal was to see 600 amps.

This topic is interesting. I would like to know more bout them.

DogDipstick said:
I built a battery for a Ym Wuxi 6 phase motor. Six fat ass phase wires. 12 or 10 inch motor for a scoot. Idk where it came from or how much it cost but it had (6) 4 gauge.

It was stolen off a porch in Canada so I'm building another. The goal was to see 600 amps.

Id like to see how they configured it too but theres £550 a piece in orders of 10 with out shipping so i doubt ill get one of them unless i drop £7k or so and try find 9 other nutters that want to hurt bomb tyres as much as they can.

those are huge motors. so true about qs under rating their stuff.

it would be great to see some specs on those motors, 6x4 gage phases is a promising start :)

4 gauge :shock: thats 25mm cable and 2 sets of that just wow the side cover bearing must be a big boy, if the rest of that hub uses a big enough chunk of steel and copper it may get in to triple kw figures but surely it be huge like 300mm dropout in a 13inch wheel 40kg type huge.

fubgumfaw said:
TorgueRPM said:

WTF are you guys talking about? I'm NEW! WHAT attitude? Why make a new members life hell by accusing them of BS they didn't do? Or is this just how it is on Endless Sphere? I have met people that won't post here because of trolls and bullies. So is that the case or is everyone going to stop this stupid petty nonsense already?!

I can always go back to NOT posting anything and just reading...no skin off my nose! My suggestion here is that the good people give the trolls and bullies a serious beat down so they get nice real fast! This has got to be one of the dumbest/idiotic/asinine/puerile and pathetic things I've ever seen! Some people really NEED to grow up! I'd expect this sort of thing from children!

So then...here's my plan...
1. There's that foes list thing. Accuse me of stuff, I just add you there and then you get blocked.
2. This will be my only response to petty little children.
3. You'll just get added to that list and get ignored.

I'm sorry, my post was over the top, un-called for. I'm glad you are contributing to the discussion. Sorry for crowding the thread as well

DogDipstick said:

Since I have a few of the hub motors from this thread, I can tell you the phase wires are 10 awg (ish). I've considered pulling them for some 8 awg wires and then trying to get them to exit the motor differently. They currently come out the end of the motor shaft. I'd like to rewind one and see if I can get more copper on it. With the current windings and phase wires under epoxy, larger phase wires requires destroying the windings already on it. Maybe there's some solvent that won't eat the wire insulation but will soften the epoxy on them? I'd make a hardened shaft that is bigger all the way to the ends and bring out the wires at the side bearing. I bet if I pulled the wires back though the shaft and kept the current size short, they would add just a little bit of lowered current handling. I'm just spit balling as I really don't know if they are getting hot right now at peaks of 309 phase amps. I'd want to use larger wires just to remove any amount of losses in them.

It is cool that there are other 6 phase motors out there. Other than the outrunner I wound for 6 phases, these are all I've ever seen. I found this place on alibaba. It fits the name, but I didn't see the motor in that video.

https://wxyuma.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.88.19

This might be their most powerful motor and I see 3 phases. Maybe the motor in the video is a custom wind?

https://wxyuma.en.alibaba.com/product/60731572734-806001918/13_Inch_3000W_8000W_72V_Wholesale_Custom_Dc_Brushless_Electric_Bike_Motorcycle_Hub_Motor.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.25.915e160ePvBYjx

TorgueRPM said:
I'm sorry, my post was over the top, un-called for. I'm glad you are contributing to the discussion. Sorry for crowding the thread as well

Trimming out my crap...lol
Thank you for apologizing. And me too...sorry everyone for cluttering the thread with unrelated garbage. I just wanted to "air the laundry" so that petty stupidity stopped immediately.

Ianhill said:
4 gauge :shock: thats 25mm cable and 2 sets of that just wow the side cover bearing must be a big boy, if the rest of that hub uses a big enough chunk of steel and copper it may get in to triple kw figures but surely it be huge like 300mm dropout in a 13inch wheel 40kg type huge.

This is an issue with all hub motors. They get heavy really fast. All that unsprung spinning mass takes away from acceleration and handling. I prefer mid-drives for this and other reasons. I was reading about these motors on ES and had one so I decided to try one out when I had time. It's the only hub I've ever used. However, if I can find one of these 6 phase WUXI motors...I might be swayed to try it out. =)

I can not find that hub its not on my radar anywhere its a dual phase setup but thats all i know id say its simular to the ym motor power wise.

Excuse me for being newb but what do they do internally whats the setup i see he got 2 controllers so is there 2 windings one stator why 6 phases.

Don't know why but i thought it was a fancy way of doubling up on the same phase but looking at them now they use 2 controllers so im interested because that ride aint no joke and only claims 15kw but so does the ym motor nominal, if they are like qsmotor be more like 45kw peaks.

I still like that 10 inch hub its the right size for big power not to heavy at 19kg 212 size stator so some decent rpm been small 21kw peaks from qs standards, its good enough for qs to label it racing hub so i want in, competitive price too considering the level of power and its a V4 motor 70mm magnets thinnest lams and better copper fill

Ianhill said:
Excuse me for being newb but what do they do internally whats the setup i see he got 2 controllers so is there 2 windings one stator why 6 phases.

Don't know why but i thought it was a fancy way of doubling up on the same phase but looking at them now they use 2 controllers so im interested because that ride aint no joke and only claims 15kw but so does the ym motor nominal

A typical 3 phase motor is 3 separate winds on the same stator. A 6 phase motor has 6 winds on the same stator (with the exception of dual stator motors). You need a stator that is evenly divisible by 6 for this to work on a single stator. I guess a 6 tooth stator would work and each phase gets a single stator tooth.

Look at cost. A couple of decent 24 fet controllers like the Nuculars will set you back about $1200 and get you about 20kw each. with a 6 phase motor you can deploy 2 less expensive controllers instead of a single expensive one. I think if you look at 40kw controllers, they will set you back a lot more than $1200.

This is probably true or maybe its a lame comparison? It seems to me in gas engines that power delivery is smoother with more cylinders than less. I think it's true for motor phases too, but probably not an overly important detail.

Mentally struggling on this...lol. If the stator is split into 2, won't that lower the eRPM? I know eRPM is Kv x poles x Batt voltage, but any one "motor" is seeing half the magnets at any point in time since the other "motor" is seeing them. It seems this ought to halve the motor poles. Right?

I haven't tried this, but I know that Motenergy does it and that reminds me that they make 6 phase motors, but use them like they are 3 phases. Anyway, you can put the 6 phases in parallel like Motenergy does on their dual stator motors. So why not do that with these hub motors too?

Ianhill said:
I still like that 10 inch hub its the right size for big power not to heavy at 19kg 212 size stator so some decent rpm been small 21kw peaks from qs standards, its good enough for qs to label it racing hub so i want in, competitive price too considering the level of power and its a V4 motor 70mm magnets thinnest lams and better copper fill

URL? What QS is this?
Is this it?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001489309028.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.426532f9tkxlfh&algo_pvid=a0b92a08-47a1-4734-a143-39ceff1d80f4&algo_expid=a0b92a08-47a1-4734-a143-39ceff1d80f4-6&btsid=0bb0622a16207612812724421edbf8&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Most Powerful 10inch QS Hub MOTOR 7000W 70H V4 Type For ...

Ianhill said:
Most Powerful 10inch QS Hub MOTOR 7000W 70H V4 Type For ...

I think the entire 10" line is all categorically QS205. When I check on aliexpress for "qs205 70H" or "qs205 7000w" I find no results. I'm not seeing a 10" 7000w motor from QS. Change it to "qs205 50H" or "qs205 4000w"and I get hits.

When you said 10", I thought the QS205 4000w motor was the most powerful 10" there was from QS and so you caught my attention with 7000w.

In 12" there's this motor. 12" is better because of the much better options in tires that don't exist in 10". Maybe you meant the QS260 12INCH 10000W 70H V4 motor?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001452052490.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.2.1f9a2a05Q4nviE

fubgumfaw said:
I found that 6 phase YMMotor Ian posted pics of...

12kw: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/YMMOTOR-12-inch-10KW-brushless-dc_62331406227.html

15kw: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/YMMOTOR-12-15KW-DC-brushless-high_1600200840568.html?spm=a2700.wholesale.0.0.7cbb2ed2PDdHHe

Can't buy just one...feh!

That axle looks too small to me. HubMonsters are built with 25mm axles with much larger flats cut at 15mm+ spacing.

It looks to me like those hubs are ventilated with 2 slots under each of those red pieces that act like blades. We need to see what the other side looks like. Base on my results with ventilated strategies, those exhaust vents and blades won't be very effective. Blades should be at and/or beyond the perimeter, and should have a much steeper angle to the blades, which would greatly increase flow. Since the blades on that motor bolt on, it would be simple to DIY better blades and at least double the fresh air flow.

fubgumfaw said:
I found that 6 phase YMMotor Ian posted pics of...

12kw: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/YMMOTOR-12-inch-10KW-brushless-dc_62331406227.html

15kw: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/YMMOTOR-12-15KW-DC-brushless-high_1600200840568.html?spm=a2700.wholesale.0.0.7cbb2ed2PDdHHe

Can't buy just one...feh!

What do you mean?
C7EF7C04-DE07-4743-AB61-346D3DFA5208.png

fubgumfaw said:
TorgueRPM said:

Trimming out my crap...lol
Thank you for apologizing. And me too...sorry everyone for cluttering the thread with unrelated garbage. I just wanted to "air the laundry" so that petty stupidity stopped immediately.

Would be better to contact the moderators and ask if you’re welcome back and under what circumstances. I assume there would be some conditions like no free energy stuff like the “bedini” motors you posted (did i get it right? I guess you remember)
I also hope that calling people trolls just because you were wrong stops. It’s childish and hinders you from actually learning.

Please don’t deny it, last time you had a new id it was equally easy to see.

Back