Hybrid Moped

The for/aft movement is delt with by the clamping pressure that is exerted by the vertical bolt. If you look carefully, I have only welded the top section of the dropout, so the lower section is free to bend as you torque the bolt up. That being said, you are correct, it needs to deal with the moment about the Z/vertical axis and time will only tell how well my clamp deals with this.

Motor controller and batteries mounted, not long to go before a test ride...

file.php

file.php

Attachments

• P8102841.JPG
    P8102841.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 981
  • P8102842.JPG
    P8102842.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 981
Excellent work,this is gonna be a fun ride.the base bolts of the rear shock mounts would have been a great base for dropouts but youve already made some.cool moped!

First dual power source fire up. Not enough light to check all the bolts and go for a test ride but everything looks good. This things is going to be a riot

file.php

file.php

file.php

Attachments

• P8122850.JPG
    P8122850.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 935
  • P8122851.JPG
    P8122851.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 935
After a few minor issues with the low voltage cutting in too early, I managed to get the bike to run smoothly, I am seriously considering going all electric and just more power and torque. I suffered some issues with the gasoline engine clutch so I couldn't test out the full hybrid parallel mode

Less talk more photos/videos
file.php

[youtube]ZYeKit8gDTU[/youtube]
[youtube]JJvMqPoz_lk[/youtube]

Attachments

• P8152853.JPG
    P8152853.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 907
i was about to say…try out the hub motor and see if you even want to bother dumping money into the 2 stroke… as a fellow past time poster on moped army…and 6 mopeds later, I'm here. Could make a easy bracket that would bolt to where original motor was to hold 24s2p

This is my last hoorah (goodbye) to the ICE. So I am going to continue with this path. However my next bike will be all electric and more bespoke.

Back