I have a stock 2012 Zero X with what shows as a Control Area Network issue. The shop says the throttle is malfunctioning and Zero wont provide any in

colinhow

1 µW
Hey All, Not sure if this is the right place to post. I have a stock 2012 Zero X with what shows as a Control Area Network issue. The shop says the throttle is malfunctioning and Zero wont provide any info, support or parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Did the shop actually test the throttle itself, or did they just get an error message decoded that says that's what it is?

Do you have a voltmeter? Can you access the signal wires from the throttle, with it still connected to the system?

I haven't checked this site but it may have useful info

Thanks. They say they know the throttle is an issue. I am not sure how they figured that out. I will look at the aftermarket throttle replacement info out there. Seems I am not the only one. I have to say I am disappointed in ZERO. Imagine Nissan telling a customer that their 2012 Leaf is no longer supported and there are no parts available.

Hi, I had a similar problem with my 2012 Zero X last year. I am still having trouble finding information and parts. I purchased a new throttle, which did not solve the problem. I ended up purchasing a new controller and the bike has been working great. I hope you got your X up and running and please keep us updated.

Just out of curiousity: What was the appeal of buying the Zero product in the first place? Price? Value? Slick advertising? Styling? Customer testimonals? Word of mouth?

Back