Infineon XC846 72V 45 Amp Controller

any results for the bafang test at 48v or over with infineon? no load rpm? or road testing results on given amps/volts? or too early at this stage?

Hey Brett! I just did 10 miles at 42 volts and it was sensational! Mine is the 48 volt model, but it was smooth as silk with the Bafang! I believe the wh/mi went way down compared to old Crystalyte analog, but wont know till whatmeter show the charge level. Great combo! Extremely quiet!
otherDoc

Knuckles said:
My mod moved the 300 ohm over and I added (3) - 1W 100 ohm resistors.

Knuckles in the first post of this thread you reccommended a mod to manage the heat.

Can I use these from Radio Shack?

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-100-ohm-1w-5-metal-oxide-film-resistor2-pack--pi-2062295.html

Pretty inexpensive mod.

Concerning this mod, I have another idea.
Previously, I have read in this thread, that the controller requires 5VDC and 12VDC to drive the electronics and FETs.

I haave read somewhere else, that AC/DC adapters, like the one for charging a cell phone, work with surprisingly low voltages. One user wrote that he got his to work if he fed 20VDC at the input behind the rectifier.
These tiny adapters are also availabel with 12VDC output voltage.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-AC-DC-Adapter-Converter-110-240V-AC-to-12V-DC-05_W0QQitemZ130252965092QQihZ003QQcategoryZ88758QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It should be possible, to drive the FETs directly with this voltage, so one does not need a wasteful linear regulator with a limited input voltage range.
It should be possible too, to drive the 5V linear regulator from this 12V. This voltage is low compared to the voltage of the battery packs (30-72V), so it should not overheat.

Once this mod is sucessfully implemented, one can drive the controller with every battery from 30-72V, and the only thing which needs to be adjusted, is the cutoff voltage.

How do you modifiy the LVC for the Infineon XC846 72V 45 Amp Controller in this thread?

In thread "New Infinenon vs Old PIC Controller A 48V Bafang PMGR Test" you showed a blue LVC pot

Is this Blue LVC pot included on the new Infineon from the factory or do you put it on later?
What is the LVC range using this device?

Attachments

• BlueLVCpot.jpg
    BlueLVCpot.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,586
Microbatman said:
Can I use these from Radio Shack?

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-100-ohm-1w-5-metal-oxide-film-resistor2-pack--pi-2062295.html

Pretty inexpensive mod.
NOPE! These are too wimpy.

But I have lots of parts here.

Only costs me a stamp to mail you some.

I take care of all my USA clients and Keywin's USA clients too! :D

See my post here ... http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6352

My Fall 2008 controller price list includes the ANY VOLTAGE controller.

Pics coming now ....

-K

wasp said:
what about us canadians...

Shipping costs more from NY more like $25 and no tracking from USPS.
I set you up for short term no worries.

I am just hoping ZapPat will take care of Canadian Sales (and Support) for Infineon.

But I always help anyone worldwide thru email and PM and Skype.

-K

Knuckles said:
wasp said:
what about us canadians...

Shipping costs more from NY more like $25 and no tracking from USPS.

I am hoping ZapPat take care of Canadian Sales and Support for Infineon.

paying a little extra to get what i want is just buisness...
i should save on shipping if i order everything i want at once?
meaning a couple of controllers and motors and spare gears...
please let me know as our (canadian) choices are limited
thx

For multiple controllers(to Canada) I place in big box and just charge you exact shipping cost.

Send me email at rnich01@optonline.net to discuss details further.

-K

I asked this in another post but I think this is the right place. Can the response time to throttle be reduced like in the Crystalyte so I can get off the line faster with the Infineon controller!? I need to get my big butt across streets fast at stop signs, and we have a lot of those! I have the 48 volt model.
otherDoc

Hey Knuckles:
Any news on the 80A controller? I just ordered a 5305, so I'm going to need another controller soon, and would like to be able to go higher than 45A.

(P.S. I just finished hooking up the Infineon you shipped last week, to my loose 408. Seems to be working fine, first try, although I'm surprised that the 408 is significantly noisier than my brushed hub motors.)

Johnbear said:
Is the wire color coding on the infineon controller the same as the older ecrazyman controller?

YES

RLT said:
Hey Knuckles:
Any news on the 80A controller? I just ordered a 5305, so I'm going to need another controller soon, and would like to be able to go higher than 45A.

(P.S. I just finished hooking up the Infineon you shipped last week, to my loose 408. Seems to be working fine, first try, although I'm surprised that the 408 is significantly noisier than my brushed hub motors.)

Soon I imagine. Maybe in 2 weeks? He has the boards and parts now. But I will make a separate thread when this "monster" is really ready to ship.

-K

I have just received my Infineon sensoless controller 48volt 30amp from keywin, but having a problem getting it to run smoothly have tried the three hull wirers, Green, Yellow, Blue, in the six possible combinations but cant get the motor(350watt brushless Ezee sprint) to run smoothly,

If I swop two of the three wires green, orange, and yellow in the bottom picture around would that make any difference?
Or any other suggestions much appreciated.

aaannndddyyy said:
I have just received my Infineon sensoless controller 48volt 30amp from keywin, but having a problem getting it to run smoothly have tried the three hull wirers, Green, Yellow, Blue, in the six possible combinations but cant get the motor(350watt brushless Ezee sprint) to run smoothly,
If I swop two of the three wires green, orange, and yellow in the bottom picture around would that make any difference?
Or any other suggestions much appreciated.
hi
first I hope you have not moved any wires yet, from looking at the pictures and compairing them with known working sensorless infineons the board is wired up correctly so that is not the problem.
A sensorless controller any sensorless controller works on the principal of sensing where it is by using somthing called back EMF (ElectroMotive Force) radio modelers have used this type of controller for years I started in electric R/C brushless motors so can remember the basics. these are a lot simpiler than sensored motors with a sensorless controller all you have is the 3 phase wires, connect these up in any order and if the motor is ok then the motor will spin when the throttle is turned in one direction or the other, if it is a direct drive motor it will turn, if it is a geared motor with a freewheel then either it will turn or it will make a noise because the motor is spinning the wrong way in the hub. Unlike with sensored motors where you have to try up to 12 options to find the right one with a sensorless controller all you do is swop over two of the phase wires.
for example connect the three phase wires the big thick ones together yellow to yellow, green to green, blue to blue see if the motor spins correctly if not it will spin in reverse anything else and there is a problem with the motor or the controller, so you have connected things up and it is spinning in the wrong direction or if a geared freewheel motor making a spining noise, stop switchoff and swop the phase wires so blue goes to green and green goes to blue, the motor will now spin in the right direction if there are still problems we have to address the motor and the controller separetly to see which is at fault.

I am thinking it is Probably the motor at fault not the controller.
Seeing as this is my third controller with this motor it looks like its time to open up the motor and have a look inside. Although the motor works well with the ecrazyman 48v 28amp controller with the 27 MHz resonator mod there are still minor fluctuations in speed with the throttle held steady.

Just finished opening the motor up seems fine, did a résistance test with the meter set at 200 got 0.6 across the three hull wires, connected three hull wires coming from the motor together there’s good resistance moving the wheel in the reverse direction,gears look good and run smooth.
I have been looking for some more information on this motor and came across this video from Team hybrid the motor looks identical inside and out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDk-6oMB0Do
Also from the Ezee Sprint web site:
Motor: Brushless Servo motor 700 watt peak with a continuous rating of 350 watt with planetary gears.

Thanks for your help Geoff57 and Knuckles, Still don’t no if its the motor or controller,going to sleep on it.
Well I have my spare bike to run around on, an old Heinzmann brushed 24 volt running at 36 volts on a Raleigh sprinter (700cc wheels),

was planning two buy a Phoenix Cruiser Motor Front Wheel X-5304F to go with the new ping battery and sensorless controller early next year may have to move that plan forward a bit.

geoff57 said:
hi
we have to address the motor and the controller separetly to see which is at fault.
What a great guy we spent 30 minutes or so on the phone going over a few tests to try and pinpoint the problem and has now offered to take the SL controller and have a look at it, as he has the necessary expertise and diagnostic tools to hopefully pinpoint any problems, and will also do any modifications I what, this forum and its members are fantastic. :D
In the mean time I have reinstalled the 48v 28a Ecrazyman sensored controller onto the bike, When I installed the Infineon controller I also cleaned up my wiring harness by taking off all the old plugs connectors between the motor and controller and used soldered joints with shrink tubing, which cured the unstable throttle repose.
Just finished a 32 mile ride before the 12amp Ping bms cut in with an end voltage of 48.8 volts, that’s the third charge cycle on this new battery and has taken 5h.30m to charge with the 2amp charger, the motor and battery seem to be working fine.

Motor controller incompatibility Problems.
OK the controller is back after having some tests on a puma motor, which went well.
I have now got 2 new Ezee motors
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110292962743
which have been tested on a working controller and ran as expected;
This is the result of the Infineon 48v, 30a, SL Controller with the new motor
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N734LrxZ49A
At low revs it works fine after around 17mph there seem to be a frequency/timing problem.
It’s almost identical to the problem I was having with original Ecrazyman controller before upgrading the 16 MHz with a 27 MHz resonator.

aaannndddyyy said:
OK the controller is back after having some tests on a puma motor, which went well.
I have now got 2 new Ezee motors

which have been tested on a working controller and ran as expected;
This is the result of the Infineon 48v, 30a, SL Controller with the new motor

At low revs it works fine after around 17mph there seem to be a frequency/timing problem.
It’s almost identical to the problem I was having with original Ecrazyman controller before upgrading the 16 MHz with a 27 MHz resonator.
hi all
when I had the controller I checked it out with a puma that has a similar number of poles to the ezee motor, this puma was just a hub not in a wheel so has a very low no load state.
I then sent a PM to aaannndddyyy to see if he wanted me to do a rolling road test to get a better idea of working conditions he said no and that he was looking for a second motor so could i please send the controller back, i asked him if he wanted any alterations done to the controller before I send it back he said no though he was thinking of a modification knuckles had done and that he might try, after a lot of searching I found this modification it was at the top of the first page of this thread, not sutable for the controller aaannndddyyy has after telling him this I sent him back the controller and have not heard from him after I sent the controller back bar the post above.

Now we don't claim the infineon is compatable with all motors the ezee may be one it is not compatable with to this end I am trying to arange for a test with a new ezee motor from a supplyer this will sort the problem once and for all, pray for a nice manager.

aaannndddyyy I'm not leaving you out in the cold I have not forgoten you either.
Geoff

aaannndddyyy said:
....This is the result of the Infineon 48v, 30a, SL Controller with the new motor
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N734LrxZ49A

Are you using the controller sensorless or with hall sensors?

It almost sounds like the wiring is not right. Those pesky non-standard color codes...

Back