K&N filter for modified ezip motors

EcoForumZ

10 W
For those of you with holes in your ezip motor I found a solution to keep water, dirt, and other bad things out of the motor and make it look cool at the same time. I found a K&N filter that fits perfectly, is water resistant, and can withstand up to 230 degrees. From my testing my motor running 42 volts has never reached more than 150 degrees and it does not have holes in it yet. My tests also revealed that the front of the motor is the place that needs the most cooling.

I purchased my filter directly from K&N website and got it the very next day! :mrgreen:

Model # SN-2580PK

URL of filter - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=SN-2580PK

Here she is... What a beauty!

3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Yeah, thats where the brushes and commutator are, so it makes mucho sense! Still gotta get hot the air out! (Thats what some people have told me about myself too) :)
otherDoc

EcoForumZ said:
For those of you with holes in your ezip motor I found a solution to keep water, dirt, and other bad things out of the motor and make it look cool at the same time. I found a K&N filter that fits perfectly, is water resistant, and can withstand up to 230 degrees. From my testing my motor running 42 volts has never reached more than 150 degrees and it does not have holes in it yet. My tests also revealed that the front of the motor is the place that needs the most cooling.

I purchased my filter directly from K&N website and got it the very next day! :mrgreen:

Model # SN-2580PK

URL of filter - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=SN-2580PK

Here she is... What a beauty!

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

AWESOME pics Eco... I'm going to have to pick up a filter as well.

You say you have run the standard Ezip at 42 volts now? Wow.. I thought 36 was the limit.

Oooops.. one more thing.

Eco,.. that batt pack looks AWESOME and perfect for the EZip std. rack. Since you drilled holes in it though, are you planning to get some kind of filter cover for that as well?

I'm having motor cut outs at 42 volts NiMh MY1018! I have to troubleshoot today cause it happened at 36 volts too! Might be the controller. Motor stays touchable, not tooo hot! I will let people know what my problem is after ride today!
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
I'm having motor cut outs at 42 volts NiMh MY1018! I have to troubleshoot today cause it happened at 36 volts too!
Ruh-roh...
scooby-doo.jpg

When I tried 42 on my ananda nothing fried but the throttle was non-responsive. In my case, back to 36 and all was well.

I hate to give up the higher voltage! Power is, well,..........powerful!!! I got another off brand Chinese scooter controller that i will try at 36 first, even though it says 24 volts! :twisted:
otherDoc
Thanks scooby! :)

Back