lipo noob questions

Sounds like a solid plan to me Kurt. Many do permanently paralell thier packs in to pairs or whatever. You can connect them permanently in the method of your choice, be it solder, paralell adapters, whatever.

I leave mine seperated and use andersons for the connections so I have the maximum adaptability. I run the same batts on all kinds of different bikes, and constantly experiment with new ones.

I think the 12s configuration is nearly perfect for a bike to be ridden daily. Very simple to rig up to connect in series to ride, then disconnect and use the same plugs to charge in 6s by putting the appropriate connector on your two chargers. Only slightly more complicated than a typical lifepo4 charger.

Link to one decent way to rig two chargers. What charger you use is not the key, but rather buying something that can use most of the capacity of the commonly avaliable 350 watt power supplies. So two 150 watt chargers works good, or a 300 watt charger than can do 12s, etc.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25005

Link to a good charger store in the US.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=0m4p2kjfkfrp1tdlh9lp913q46

I am going rid anderson connectors for good. I am tired when the initial spark *GUARANTEED* the anderson contact will melt or molten, and it will destroy themselve. ARGH! I may have follow GCinDC's style using 4mm or 5mm bullet connectors. These capable support 100A since my setup is pretty over 100A very often cause destroyed anderson connectors 4th times so far. :( :x :roll:

Only I would use anderson if it's minimal ampere like under 45A should be ok but not 100A.

PS. GCinDC setup is pretty much same setup on my ebike.

Yeah, andersons for 100 amps requires too expensive connectors compared to others. Gold plated bullets are fairly cheap, and have tons of contact area.

BTW Kurt, that charger store has lots of neat paralell harnesses. Maybe use that for the balance wires, and you could unplug it and monitor individual cells from time to time. In practice, you tend to know though, it's the puffy cell every time. Break em in first too, before soldering up stuff. If you should get a stinker, you haven't wasted time, and could even get warantee if bought from the us warehouse.

Well, if you use a connector designed for 45A max at 100A, I'd expect to have problems. ;)

Anderson also makes both Powerpoles and Multipoles for use at higher currents, up to several hundred amps, but they are physically larger to handle that current.

The bullet connectors aren't as physically large because their contact surface is not a flat plane, which is what makes the Andersons larger for similar current ratings.

Dogman, or any one, ive been reading but cant find my answer if i had 6s 5000 mah 20c lipo in a 18s 10ah 2p cofig [ 6 6s 5000 mah 20c's ] if a 20c a single 6s can deliver 100 amps.

So if i construct the 18s pack can i divide the amp draw say 60amps buy 3 or 2.
Edit my guess 2

Back