• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

Very nice! Very motivating. I am gonna have to get off my a$$ and start building a frame this weekend.

How much ride time are you getting out the pack? All that seems to be pretty high amp draw riding! How are the temps on the motor? Any thoughts of doing anything for that or do you think its manageable as is?

Hi, would you mind sharing a complete side view picture of your bike. Would love to see the geometry. Thx

The tubing is getting there this week! :D
We are starting with the CNC plasma cutting of the parts.
FelixSphere said:
Hi, would you mind sharing a complete side view picture of your bike. Would love to see the geometry. Thx
Hello, Sorry not for now (or would you like the full 3d files? haha) sorry I won't be giving out all of my work in open source 8)

I get about 1h of riding like in that vid, 45 mins full blast and 1h30/2h cruising easy. The frame has space to house 1.5kw no problem!

I am runing 18S, they sag quite a lot (I draw 15C peak) but they perform otherwise, do not get really hot or puff (for now) Overall, for the price, if they last 100-200cycles they will be a good deal :) at 5C or less they are a good option for the price!

All CNC brackets are cut for the batch of frames, next we have to do some modifications to the JIG and start to build the frames! Pictures this weekend :D

10450227_274686929385061_4759004739543153772_o.jpg

10495394_10152582134544617_2772506732915401128_o.jpg

He does not have pictures online but it's a serious beast with huge mid range torque! custom made, 1kwh lipo on 14s and a montenergy, 48kg, software limited to 10kw :twisted:

sigimem said:
Are going to shoot more videos with another rider? I would love to see the chase perspective and the other perspectives you use in combination.

I only have one gopro, but yes we are going to do more riding videos with multiples bikes (LMX bikes, Lucas's bike and ICE bikes http://www.facebook.com/blocbike)

With this corrected frame, Adam, you've addressed what would have refrained me from buying it in the first place. I mean gusseting seems now right, ball bearings for swing arm, excellent !

What about the swing arm, I'm sure you can even save weight on it.

Xavier

10346443_10152588609019617_4316202311547508745_n.jpg

The LMX P2 and Lucas custom ride
The swingarm on the P2.1 has changed a bit form the P2. I need to weigth the finished frames but it is probably below 10kg for the whole frameset as the complete bike is 33kg!

Looks very good. Will you supply seat as well with the frames?
What kind of foot pegs are you planning on using for these frames? It would be awesome if you welded the brackets for MX foot pegs.

Back