LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

Bare frames are 650€, hubs 150€ and custom sprockets 45€
We are trying to get new frames made asap :wink:

New video btw :
[youtube]NrfCWhQmvjM[/youtube]

bzhwindtalker said:
New 100mm wide frame with pedals and using a gng style "450w" motor, now in development 8)

Nice, 100 wide sounds good. May I define some specs?

- Variable Dropouts for diffrent wheels and axle standards

(29+ wheels and 5inch Fatbike Tires would be very nice they should be nearly the same diameter)

- I would love a short chainstay lets say 440mm should be doable. My 29+ Harttail got a 420mm chainstay.

- 44mm Headtube, so you could use tapered singlecrown forks and everything else you like. 1 1/8 is kind of old fashioned and I don't trust the safts when it comes to single crowns. Why not use 44mm on your P2, a single crown would look good on the bike.

A 180-200mm 26 inch-main frame could have nearly the same geometrie a 100-120mm Fatbike-Main-frame has. So you would only need 1 main frame and could use diffrent rear ends :)

If you wont to use 135mm rear spacing a 100mm bb is to wide for a good chainline. Then a asymetric rear wheel could be an option like the surly Moonlander. Or u use 170mm Fatbike hubs on the rear, what makes it expensive. I am looking forward to the new frame.

We will use custom hubs with 142mm spacing and 12mm axle, so people could run a regular DH hub in rear if they wan to integrate a mid drive. The basic concept has two chains to the rear wheel, direct drive for the motor (without freewheel, #219 chain) and a separate pedal chain with a 3sped freewheel. The plan is to have something as reliable as the LMX P2.1 setups. From CAD works it looks to be working quite well

142mm Hubs have the same chainline, 135mm have. You can convert most hubs from 135mm-142mm... watch the chainline with a 100mmBB
I'am looking forward to see some pics :)

Again something new and potentially interesting for you from goldenmotor...
1.5 kw motor .. 129$
48v1500w.jpg

Model: BLDC-108
1. Voltages: 48Vdc
2. Rated power: 1.5KW
3. Peak power: 3.0KW
4. Speed: 3200-5000rpm
5. Rated torque: 4 Nm
6. Peak torque: 8 Nm
7. Efficiency: >85%
8. Dimensions: 11x10cm
9. Weight: 3.9kgs

Room for a dual RC motor setup and vast amount of batteries. Yet with pedals.
Nice.

Boy, I'm gone for a while and you go and start making killer bikes for people!! Nice job man!!

Hi guys the new prototypes will have parallel chain lines with 1-3 speed for pedals, while motor will be single speed, 14s5p of Samsung 18650. The motor will get excellent heat path to the frame, which will be aluminum. I'm excited to start working on the prototypes and even more excited to get them rolling :D I am getting back to designing pedal bikes now that I understood more things about drivetrain and frame design. Pedals still open more playing fields :) I plan to keep the p2.1 available for the off-road guys :)

Glad to see pedals in the latest design, they let you adapt a little better to the terrain at these power levels

Haha, for the first 4 seconds I thought "he's not going fast enough to make the air!".
The I realised it is slow motion!!!
Nice work!

I actually overshot the landing by quite a bit on this take (still got it rigth 3 times before but I wanted to wipe it beffore realising I was going way too fast haha)
Here's a view of the new frame, we started prototyping :D
10704360_10152869926214617_8812877458552111110_o.jpg

The main frame looks cool, but it makes the swing arm look a bit wimpy ? Could you use deeper sections to make it more in proportion ?
Really looking forward to seeing a completed version. 8)

Back