Loving this

Here's my latest 'map my ride' http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1014563701

A breezy, exhilarating, exploratory, run across town, with a stop for some frozen yogurt. The Erie Canal trail, is a local treasure. I would never have known without this bike. Or the help I got from the members here. Thanks!

I also recently took the bike with me on a trip to Lehigh Acres Florida.. Fit's right into the back of my Aveo, which already has the rear seat removed.
Aside from the heat, the lack of hill's seemed ideal for the bike. There weren't as many bike lanes, or specific places to ride, but it seemed to be easy to ride around places anyways. I didn't ride all that much, mostly inside a gated community. But the bike was easy to travel with and cool to have with me on the trip.

On the way, I was a little worried for the bike, as I stopped to see a concert (Rush, Tampa Florida). Not wanting the car to get broken into and getting the bike stolen.. I was able to at least lock the bike to the seat frame of the car. It was hidden under some blanket's as well. No problems.

It makes perfect sense to combine eBikes with our current ICE vehicle habits & technology. You can easily extend range for exploration and stealth movement around areas which would normally be unavailable.

Glad you’re having a great trip!

Well, your next car could be EV too. Then you will be one of us burning no gas anymore. :wink:

...Well... I'd love to go forth being that green, but another hobby of mine, is a carry over from my teen years, that I still have... a 1978 V8 Chevy Monza Spyder. Rare fun. Opposite end of the ebike spectrum for sure! I guess my other personality likes that one, lol

SnowDog2112 said:
...Well... I'd love to go forth being that green, but another hobby of mine, is a carry over from my teen years, that I still have... a 1978 V8 Chevy Monza Spyder. Rare fun. Opposite end of the ebike spectrum for sure! I guess my other personality likes that one, lol
Is that a V-8 in a Corvair chassis? Wow!
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
SnowDog2112 said:
otherDoc

That would be fun and pretty amazing but nope. '1978' - 'vair long gone by then. The name Monza and Spyder were re-used on a redesigned Vega Chassis. So it's a V8 in a Vega chassis.

Attachments

• monza 37.jpg
    monza 37.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 331
SnowDog2112 said:
docnjoj said:
SnowDog2112 said:
otherDoc

That would be fun and pretty amazing but nope. '1978' - 'vair long gone by then. The name Monza and Spyder were re-used on a redesigned Vega Chassis. So it's a V8 in a Vega chassis.
That has got to be one of the prettiest cars the General ever designed. If they stuck to V-8 instead of that stupid ringless 4-Cyl, well, they might not have gone bankrupt.
otherDoc

MadRhino said:
Well, your next car could be EV too. Then you will be one of us burning no gas anymore. :wink:
Or like the more radical of us, go completely car-free, saving lots of money to fund your new habit, and saving our atmospheric commons from the burden of new greenhouse gas emissions. Car-free is freedom and very cool. :mrgreen:

Back