Luke in Germany

ok, if he starts picking flowers, and then suggests a nice quiet boat ride......... :lol:

liveforphysics said:
I'm in Zurich right now, going to a chocolate factory on the lake, spruengl.

Meet me if you are close!

The 'badi' (swim-site) opposite the factory is my swimming spot :D I live 5 minutes away from there.

About boat rides, we still have some steam ships on this lake

Carefull man chocolate makes you think.

I'm back in Germany. I drove about 3hrs myself of the driving today.

The unlimited speed areas are fantastic! These other areas are HELL! Traffic radar cams every block! Its absurd! If I lived here, I would thermite burn them all to the ground, and encourage everyone else to join in destroying them. Its the biggest contrast I've ever seen in driving. Unlimited awesomeness then super ultra painfully crawling slow with the ability to get 20 tickets in a single mile of driving at a very reasonable speed in some places.

My host told me that they set up these radar cams in various towns, then lower the speed limit and lower the speed limit and lower the speed limit until the camera becomes a big money maker. At the very least I would stop and spray paint over the lenses everyday, and they should be all burned or blasted to the ground. Its the only thing I've hated about this places so far and everyone we talked to here and Switzerland all hate them. They need to rise up and burn them all down.

liveforphysics said:

The unlimited speed areas are fantastic! These other areas are HELL! Traffic radar cams every block! Its absurd! If I lived here, I would thermite burn them all to the ground, and encourage everyone else to join in destroying them. Its the biggest contrast I've ever seen in driving. Unlimited awesomeness then super ultra painfully crawling slow with the ability to get 20 tickets in a single mile of driving at a very reasonable speed in some places.

My host told me that they set up these radar cams in various towns, then lower the speed limit and lower the speed limit and lower the speed limit until the camera becomes a big money maker. At the very least I would stop and spray paint over the lenses everyday, and they should be all burned or blasted to the ground. Its the only thing I've hated about this places so far and everyone we talked to here and Switzerland all hate them. They need to rise up and burn them all down.
Bahaha is the chocolate getting to ya?

Arlo1 said:
liveforphysics said:

Bahaha is the chocolate getting to ya?

Yes. And I need some sleep. By the time I fall asleep here, they are calling g to wake me up. Lol

don't want to start a political thread there but this surely won't happen in Germany :(
That's THE big negative point of Germans... They do follow rules, even if they are completely stupid (the rules right ;) ). That's maybe also why things go so smoothly here. We can have here unlimited speed on some portion of freeways but you will be amazed to see that people are REALLY following speed limit when there are present.
I'm french and in our country radar vandalism is a national sport. But somehow I couldn't imagine what could happen if there were some unlimited freeway. That would really be a mess.
German are very educated when it comes to driving but that mainly because they are able to blindly follow rules :) Nevertheless, if you are driving again in DE you should know that when a light goes to red you shouldn't try to accelerate to pass it. There is quite often radars on traffic lights and If you accelerate (with your R6 daaaaaaamn ^^ ) you may see red ;)
A little big up for the lights anyway. When they pass to green they pass before to orange to let you make a perfect start ^^ it's racetrack feeling every day X-)))
Gruß,
H.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It seemed like people made a strong effort to follow rules. At the motorcross track, I rode the electric motorcycle across the street that had no cars in either direction for as far as the eye can see. This attendent raced over to me in his golf cart at full speed blowing a whistle to tell me that the sign in German (that I can't read) says you can only walk your bike from parking lot to track entrance (after I had him stumble through it in English). I shrugged and said "why?" He said, " because that's what the sign says!!!" Lol

Anyways, I forgot to mention one of the coolest parts of the trip today, the guy the bought me the chocolate, he knew who I was! Lol. After we finished our business, I told him that while I work in electric motorcycles, I personally prefer electric bicycles (for obvious reasons). I told him my new bicycle will hopefully do 110mph, and he said he knew of a man, liveforphysics, who raced and defeated motorcycles with a bicycle on Laguna Seca. I was like, my friend, you're talking to this man. Then he got super excited and wanted to help etc etc. He asked me why I hated batteries so much. Lol. I told him I loved them, and they are my passion and career. He said, "no, I watch you destroy all of them in videos." I told him I was just testing and having a bit of fun, but that I love them. :)

liveforphysics said:
Anyways, I forgot to mention one of the coolest parts of the trip today, the guy the bought me the chocolate, he knew who I was! Lol. After we finished our business, I told him that while I work in electric motorcycles, I personally prefer electric bicycles (for obvious reasons). I told him my new bicycle will hopefully do 110mph, and he said he knew of a man, liveforphysics, who raced and defeated motorcycles with a bicycle on Laguna Seca. I was like, my friend, you're talking to this man. Then he got super excited and wanted to help etc etc. He asked me why I hated batteries so much. Lol. I told him I loved them, and they are my passion and career. He said, "no, I watch you destroy all of them in videos." I told him I was just testing and having a bit of fun, but that I love them. :)

That's f'ing awesome! I bet that made the whole trip worth it.

liveforphysics said:
... I told him that while I work in electric motorcycles, I personally prefer electric bicycles (for obvious reasons). I told him my new bicycle will hopefully do 110mph, and he said he knew of a man, liveforphysics, who raced and defeated motorcycles with a bicycle on Laguna Seca. I was like, my friend, you're talking to this man. ...

Luke, a legend on another continent. Some day we are going to be able to say, "We knew LFP when he was just starting out...!" Fun to hear that story, keep them coming. Gummiseite hinunter meinen Freund!

More like "we knew him before he turned into a road-rash sandwich"

Luke - let me know when you are ready to go thermite those cameras. The way I see it the state/county/city's wont have enough in their budget to repair them pretty soon... and I dont exactly see the sheeple rising up against anyone who kills those cowardly boxes.

Project Mayhem?

If we want to do it non-destructive then a paintball gun loaded with non-waterbased paint may be the ticket. Permanent enough... yet a step down from thermite.

-methods

Can't afford to repair them is about right. We've got loads in the UK too, but they can only afford a few camera's, so they move them between camera boxes....so you never know if there is one in there on not. They are pretty vandal proof however..(though I won't say "MethProof":D)

In the "old days" we used to have 2 rubber timing wires stretched accross the road. They got lots of revenue, until a popular UK bike magazine published an article describing what might happen if a motorcycle were to accidentally go full throttle whilst riding over one...their days were numbered after that!

Jozz

Luke, you have done some travelling this year, when you going to talk them into sending you to Australia, perhaps a meeting with Stealth Electric bike s! I would hop on plane to Melbourne to meet up, very cheap to fly within Oz.

KiM

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It seemed like people made a strong effort to follow rules.
Yes! Welcome to Teutonic efficiency. When the sign says unlimited speed it is unlimited and when the sign says 30 kph it means that. I was stationed in DE for 2 years and drove my brother in law's suzuki GS1000 on the autobahn all the time. The best times I ever had!
8) 8) 8) 8)

For you guys that know the speed limits on the continent and in Germany... you know how it is here in the states, 5mph over, no issue at all; 9mph over, likely no issue. 10+ and you could get stopped depending on how many donuts they got free that day. When Germany says 30Km/hr what is the "margin?"

greetings from Luxembourg!!!

whereabouts in Germany are you? Close to neighboring Luxembourg? If so, don't forget to visit the strong ES members in this little coutry :) If you are around, do stop by - i have some nice old and new vehicles you could test and there is lowracer around too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The thing with Germany is, with all the attention to follow the rules in every social sphere of life, they are proud to offer unlimited speed limits on the highway. They quality of roads is amazing most of the places.

BUT if you go faster where there is a speed limit, there is ZERO TOLERANCE. not sure about the margin, but if you go over 45kmh of speed limit, you are likely to have your licence taken away. And the fees for over speeding are crazy high.

bigmoose said:
For you guys that know the speed limits on the continent and in Germany... you know how it is here in the states, 5mph over, no issue at all; 9mph over, likely no issue. 10+ and you could get stopped depending on how many donuts they got free that day. When Germany says 30Km/hr what is the "margin?"

typically fines start at 5 km/h over with serious fines (few 100 $) from 20 km/h over to court/judge at 30 km/h over (here in Switzerland).
Court/judge also means that the fine will be a (hefty) percentage of you income, people here had multi $100000 fines

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110081327904/1-million-speeding-fine-in-switzerland-for-swedish-sls

bigmoose said:
Over 5 kph and you will get a ticket guaranteed. 30 kph is usually in city driving (neighborhoods etc). Speeds are posted a bit less conservative than the USA on schnellstrasse (highway) normally max speed 130 kph if posted. 8) 8)
Germany does not have a sliding scale fine system like Schweiz.
Viel spass am fahren.

That's good~!
Large fines and fear are a great way to keep the sheeple in line.
People need to learn that they must obey at all times... especially when their government fails them.
I say we cut off all internet and cellular communication then increase the VAT to 40%

-methods

Ah points. When they were first introduced there was consternation and mild panic. Now people are indifferent towards them.

I read, perhaps eight months ago, that no one had been put off the roads despite having a plethora of points to their name.

Well that's over here anyway. I doubt its the same in Germany but I imagine France would have a similar attitude.

Back