Magic pie 5 Display showing error code 9

adamsavage79

100 W
I have a error code 9 on my display. I'm not sure what is causing it, and I thought splicing in the new plug would get rid of it (badly bent pin on original plug), but it has not. I was riding the bike and it flashed for a split second, and then a few minutes later it gave me error code 9 (communication error) I've tried disconnecting the main 10 pin wire harness, so that only the display is plugged in and the code is still present. I've also tried disconnecting the throttle with the same result. The bike functions just fine with the error code, or even the display disconnected.

The only other issue I had, was that it wasn't calculating the distance traveled accurately. It seemed to be off by a couple km. I even tried hooking up my back up 10 pin wire harness and no change. Disconnecting the throttle, still displays the same error code. I don't think the controller is faulty as my cruise control still works as it's supposed to, and when I reach 10 km/h without the battery connected, the display does turn on. Perhaps it's the display itself ? The bent pin in the end caused a fault in the display ?

I'm not overly concerned about it, as the bike functions just fine without the display. I've also tried connecting to my pc, with the Golden Motor Controller software. However the controller doesn't want to talk to my computer. I have the drivers installed, and when I try to connect to Com port 1 or even 7 I get a timeout error. Windows 10 detects the controller being plugged into the computer, but beyond that. I get nothing. I even tried a direct connect, without a USB Extension and no deal. I've tried changing the USB port, and the sofware knows that I've done this and will display a new port, but still gives me a timeout error.

I'm going to try this one more time on a different pc, and if I get the same problem. Then it would seem I have a fault in my controller.

It seems the controller has a fault. I can't get the controller to talk to the PC Golden Motor Software. Both Windows and the software know something is on the UBS port, but the controller refuses to talk to the software and it times out. Have the new controller, but I gotta get around to installing it. Not in a big hurry, as the bike works fine without the display working.

Back