Manufacturers and dealers to avoid

I haven't been on this forum long, but this was one of the first things I read as I started thinking about getting an electric bike going. It'd be a shame if it wasn't a sticky note for people like me.

alright, a compromise then, i will link this thread into the FAQ, this way it needs not be a sticky but remains easy to find.

I have to double check with fechter but the autoprune feature should not be enabled so that threads are never deleted from this section of the forum.. to be sure.

Ypedal said:
alright, a compromise then, i will link this thread into the FAQ, this way it needs not be a sticky but remains easy to find.

I have to double check with fechter but the autoprune feature should not be enabled so that threads are never deleted from this section of the forum.. to be sure.
if the thread is put into FAQ, how will newbies, who dont kn ow this forum find it?>?... may be adum question??

There should be a post where mods and admins only can add a vendor, and then that vendor can be rated but only if a receipt is provided to the mods/admins. that'll never happen, but that's the only way to prevent unsubstantiated slagging.

NoNoNo Yedal.

Just whack the old thread and then start a new one ~ v2

If the same dillweed vendors keep screwing us over, it needs to be reported, but at least it will be new info. If the same dillweed posters continue to rant... maybe there is a reason for their rant and maybe others can chime in about their experiences, good or bad.

I know that some are just pricks. I don't know why, but there is a % of customers that no mater what, can't be satisfied.

goldenmotor.com and its MAgic Pie(ce of SH...). At 24V run just a week then died... After several mails,to differente adresses and complaints I´m still waiting for an answer ...they don´t even considered to answer my emails. Bad for them, since they thought I was an occassional costumer but I was in fact comparing samples for the bussiness. I can understand things break down but that lack of...

Kuzumoto said:
goldenmotor.com and its MAgic Pie(ce of SH...). At 24V run just a week then died... After several mails,to differente adresses and complaints I´m still waiting for an answer ...they don´t even considered to answer my emails. Bad for them, since they thought I was an occassional costumer but I was in fact comparing samples for the bussiness. I can understand things break down but that lack of...

If you would have bought it from me I would have taken care of it already. On the first email.

If you have your original receipt that you received from GM China you can send it to me at garysalo@goldenmotor.ca Please describe your issue and I can look into it for you, but I can't promise anything.

Gary

karma said:
oops looks like goldenmotor have another happy customer :lol:

i feel your pain :wink:

You know it should be obvious to you that the only reason everyone is in this thread deciding if it should stay or not is because of the recent events between you and I. Even after you see a serious conversation about this thread you still jump in to antagonize. You really do show a level of class that I am not used to dealing with.

If Kuzumoto has a legitimate complaint I am sure he will contact me. He may also just be another troll looking to trash GM once again. We see them in our forum all the time. About a year ago I started asking if they can provide me any proof of purchase and I’ll look into it. Suddenly most are never heard from again. Those who have contacted me I have helped.

Personally I still don’t think this thread should be censored or omitted there is allot here that people should read.

Gary

I advise CAUTION when dealing with Victoria Chen from official alibaba headway communication site.

in 2009 i got 48V/20Ah Air express from Victoria.
in 2010 i placed order for:
18 bicycles with lifepo4 batteries from headway
4 of 48/10 battery pack
4 x 36/10
3 x 24/10
1 x 36/16
additional single cell
additional 24/2A and 36/2 chargers
additional 2 BMS

summary:
bicycles got some other type of cells, aren't cylindrical they got 3.7V nominal.
one bicycle got dead battery
one bicycle got charger missing.
36/16 never arrived
additional chargers never arrived
48/10 got 2 dead cells
36/10 got 5 low capacity cells
24/10 got 2 low capacity cells
one charger 36V/2A is dead after first use.

BMS do not have balancing function. I got cells that after charging got 0.5V difference. I must charge single cells now.
By "low capacity cell" i mean it charges normally, but drops voltage very fast and BMS shutdown. And i got all cells 3.33V but 2 cells at 2.45 for example.

Can something be done? Was someone successful with china courts? Is it even possible?
I mean if on alibaba bicycles got LiFepo4 description and it turns out to be something different.
of course my emails and phone calling are ignored. when i call her (i got her number) she ends call.

Well. at times of 2009-2010 Victoria Chen was very popular here and DIYelectricCar
http://headway-cn.en.alibaba.com/
Only one person warned me to be careful with Victoria. She is popular nowadays also. People tend to buy cells from her.
But as i said; dealing with Victoria:
0% warranty
10% bad stuff.

Not all companies listed by Alibaba are scams. Alibaba itself provides no protection or recourse for fraud. Their "Escrow Policy" is not ESCROW at all. 100% of your funds goes to the supplier before they ship. The supplier is not bonded. The "dispute mechanism" can never be satisfied by the customer, it is impossible. No one has ever gotten any refund through Alibaba. Alibaba will ban a "Gold Member" one day and list a "new" Gold Member with a different name from the same address, with all the same products, same factory pictures and info on the SAME DAY. ISO Rating, Diamond Exporters Association, Mechanical Engineer's Export Assn, etc., have ZERO meaning. One company based in Singapore, which changes it's name often, is still "selling" an electric moped which has not been manufactured since 2008. They continue to take peoples money and never ship a single moped.
We in the west are easily taken advantage of because we TRUST. Until we all quit purchasing through leads from Alibaba, the ripoff will continue. That is what Alibaba is, a company which takes a fee from the advertiser for a listing and nothing more. There is no buyer protection provided by Alibaba. Read their "security" page. Read their "description of Escrow. Read their dispute mechanism. Read the reviews on Alibaba itself. Look at the number of "banned members" per month. Being banned has ZERO benefit to the public. Do you see one record of a satisfied dispute? Do you see one "thank you Alibaba for my refund"?

Hi All

I know im new on this forum, so take with whatever brand of salt you want, but in my opinion, goldenmotor canada have gained a reputation for being honest, forthright, and also as is seen here, really helpful in transactions that have nothing to do with Gary salo...whenever i send him a mail, Ive never waited more than a day...

Fair enough but ive been involved with a few members of the GM forum in upgrade, stealthing battery build and such like ( in the UK), trading stories and experiences etc, and no one has ever given gary salo less than 110% rating in business dealings....

Now GM china, yup, no argument (the company really really needs to look at itself seriously ), but im currently whacking that pie with 2000W on a lyen 12Fet controller, been up 45% inclines, have achieved 2500 miles plus all winter ( hardest on uk record for 60 years, wet -14C)on dual pies etc, and not had an issue except for some slight wiring soldering etc, so bash the motor if you want, but im sold ...50 Miles per day commute... 0.5 amp per mile efficiency at 22MPH...

Anyway, enough about GM or the pie, bu message to the forum is, its not about the company, or the motor, its about the support, and tiem and time again, Gary salo has not let people down.shipped fast, answered stupid questions quickly, supported...what more do you need ??? buy with confidence from him for sure......( dont forget the .CA in the web address !!!!)))

Thanks for that Ginge.

Although unnecessary I certainly appreciate it. It is nice when someone actually tells the truth about dealing with Golden Motor Canada.

Gary

I have not been using GM products so may be their products are crap...

But I have been in contact with golden motor Canada (Gary) and what I have to say that they are great, and service is quick and helpful so they are a company to relief on.

10 point s for them.

The Motors are good, maybe not the fastest but the actual motors are built well and mine are still going strong after a year on my customers bikes.

Golden Motor Canada said:
Kuzumoto said:

If you would have bought it from me I would have taken care of it already. On the first email.

If you have your original receipt that you received from GM China you can send it to me at garysalo@goldenmotor.ca Please describe your issue and I can look into it for you, but I can't promise anything.

Gary
Hi Gary,
sorry I´m too late but no alert gotten at all on this issue. First aof all I want to thank you for your offer(its piety I don´t have it with me anylonger-). I tried (back then) to get some answers from QBBIKES people(GM distribuitors) in Spain with the same success.. so I´m gladly suprpised not everyone working with GM is not that way and If I were in Canada I´d give you a try, no doubt : THANKS AGAIN.

Kuzumoto said:
Hi Gary,
sorry I´m too late but no alert gotten at all on this issue. First aof all I want to thank you for your offer(its piety I don´t have it with me anylonger-). I tried (back then) to get some answers from QBBIKES people(GM distribuitors) in Spain with the same success.. so I´m gladly suprpised not everyone working with GM is not that way and If I were in Canada I´d give you a try, no doubt : THANKS AGAIN.

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry things didn't work out for you. If you ever want to try it again look me up I have many happy customers in spain :)

Gary

sutr said:
Personally I still don’t think this thread should be censored or omitted there is allot here that people should read.

Gary

I wouldn't buy a cup of coffee off you after your shill bidding episode yesterday!

I object to this meaningless smear. Moderators have been notified. You better back this up with facts or you will be toast.

sutr said:

Gary

I wouldn't buy a cup of coffee off you after your shill bidding episode yesterday!

Your assumption that gmc is shill bidding is exactly that, an assumption, multiple bids in a row as sometimes an attempt to find the " reserve Price " .. i'm not saying that is the situation but it's possible.. either way.. give it a rest.. :roll:

shill bidding on ebay is like rice in china, it's expected and way too damn common.. it's why ebay sucks balls.. i no longer bid on stuff.. if the BIN price is right i buy.. otherwise i pass and so does everyone else in general.

no apologies from me, you are being a jackass and not a funny one at that. again.. chill and move on.

I may not agree with gmc's methods but at least he's polite and is making an effort.

sutr said:
I might not be an arse licker like a lot of people here but hey, you're the one into censorship and all eh comrade! I pointed something valid, he took over an hr to NOT get something that was written clearly and to top it off shill bids... Don't lecture me on feebay, anyone with half a brain knows I am all over this turd.

With you also at his beck and call to delete threads that he deems unworthy... That shit don't fly here!
YPEDAL.. he is just an ignorant,foul mouthed lamebrain... this site does need his type of postings....delete HIM..PERMANENTLY :x

Moderators;

Please deal with sutr;

Thank you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back