MBS Pro 12 e-mtb build

vlaca2

10 W
Hi All!

This is my third build.
Previous Scrub e-mtb here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=66244

Components:

Board: MBS Pro 12 Yereme Leafe edition (2006)
Motor: Turnigy SK3 6374 192kv
ESC: HK 150A Car (replaced with Hobbywing EZRUN 150A Pro)
Battery: Turnigy 6s 3000mAh 20c
Control: HK GT2
Transmission: 6mm ISO04 chain, 10T/45T sprockets (from Conrad webshop)

The complete drivetrain, electronics, similar to previous build. Working fine here too.

IMG_1397-640 copy 2.jpg
IMG_1411-640 copy 2.jpg

SCRUB and MBS:

IMG_1446-640 copy 2.jpg

My e-boards:

IMG_1433-640 copy 2.jpg

The motor mount, simple steel L-bracket (with alu couplers), screwed to matrix brake mount:

IMG_1275 copy.jpg

IMG_1264-640 copy.jpg

IMG_1270-640 copy.jpg

IMG_1296-640 copy.jpg

View attachment 4

IMG_1330-640 copy.jpg

IMG_1337-640 copy.jpg

IMG_1425-640 copy.jpg

IMG_1423-640 copy.jpg

2 motor ready, only one assembled. (On asphalt 1 motor enough, but when i go to the wet grass, its cogging.)

The board is very old needed some maintance.

The original rockstar hubs deformed(lose their roundness “hexing out”) i replaced with fresh, new, rockstar II.

IMG_1365-640 copy.jpg

The orange egg shocks, i replaced to soft yellow.(Better turning.)

IMG_1390-800 copy.jpg

One of truck spring bent, maybe i will replace all.

Now its ok, im very happy with it :)

Turning better and hold the foot better than Srcub and the deck flexible, its comfortable for me.

Hey how did you get the wheel sprocket to be drilled perfectly centered on the hub? Do you have a method?

torqueboards said:
Haha! nice two of them! Nice brack. Simple yet effective

Hi!

Thanks! Sorry my english limited what it means "nice brack"? :)

BShady said:
Hey how did you get the wheel sprocket to be drilled perfectly centered on the hub? Do you have a method?

Hi!

I draw in autocad, printed to paper, glued to fiberglass plate and cut and drill.

IMG_0782.jpg

The bores grated higher and aligned the sprocket to minimum wobble.
Its wobble little but no problem.

benj said:
Looking nice Vlaca2. How do those L brackets hold up? Do they bend or flex at all - and can I ask what thickness they are? Look about 3 or 4mm to me...

Tkanks! :)

No, not flex or bend. I'm at work, but i will measure evening. (Greather than 3mm, maybe 4-5)

benj said:
Looking nice Vlaca2. How do those L brackets hold up? Do they bend or flex at all - and can I ask what thickness they are? Look about 3 or 4mm to me...

Hi!

The L brackets size: 180x120x40x4 So its 4mm thick.
The motor mounted to the 120mm section, the other cut down.

benj said:
Thanks dude. Nice low-tech solution :)

Yes, yes! Simple is better :)

Great build! I really like the phone jack enclosure for the receiver with the antenna exposed

Great post. I'm looking to build something very similar. I like your "scrub hub" (thats what you called it) idea for mounting the sprocket. I was going to drill the sprocket, but thats way easier.. Is that really just fiberglass? Is it strong enough?

Also, hows it do going up hills... can you do a 15%-20% grade?

that0n3guy said:
Great post. I'm looking to build something very similar. I like your "scrub hub" (thats what you called it) idea for mounting the sprocket. I was going to drill the sprocket, but thats way easier.. Is that really just fiberglass? Is it strong enough?

Also, hows it do going up hills... can you do a 15%-20% grade?

Thanks!
Yes its simple 2mm cfk plate and stong enough.

Before painting:

IMG_0785.jpg

I'm replaced the hk150 esc to hobbywing ezrun 150 and the uphill performance lot better!!
15-20% grade uphill maybe ok, im not measured :)

highfiving said:
Great build! I really like the phone jack enclosure for the receiver with the antenna exposed

:) Thanks!

Board looks very nice. Just a warning though. I have tried 2 versions of that motor mount type. You will crack the lower truck for sure. If you do any kind of offroading or tricks you need a better mount. I solved my issue by using angle aliminum and boldint it on the back and bottom. Another thing is the plastic tops on those trucks while being very rugged oval out with use under normal use. Add electonics and motor torque and its even worse. They dont handle airtime well with the exta pounds.

NJEV said:
Board looks very nice. Just a warning though. I have tried 2 versions of that motor mount type. You will crack the lower truck for sure. If you do any kind of offroading or tricks you need a better mount. I solved my issue by using angle aliminum and boldint it on the back and bottom. Another thing is the plastic tops on those trucks while being very rugged oval out with use under normal use. Add electonics and motor torque and its even worse. They dont handle airtime well with the exta pounds.

Thanks for warnings! Please send pictures of your mount. I will modify, when i break my truck.
Maybe matrix pro truck (alu top) the solution for plastic top.
Thanks!

Back