Mino'aka as a Baby
The big thing in the middle is a lock
All parts are brand new and build work is performed by me (except as noted) in my garage with the bike upside down as needed in lieu of a work stand.
- DONOR BIKE: Electra Lux 7D Fat Tire
- MOTOR: BBSHD Kit
- BATTERY: 52v 20ah Triangle Battery
I decided to do a mid drive install because it offered the most flexibility for different terrains as I was unsure where this bike might end up. I chose this particular bike based on the following reasons.
- Available at a local bike shop.
- Pedal forward design for more upright posture.
- Disc brakes
- Fat tires
- Lightweight Aluminum frame
- Large frame size and wheel base
- Well documented builds as both BBSHD and Leaf hubs.
Most of the hard stuff related to this build are covered in the excellent posts and articles linked to here. My documentation is about the stuff that wasn't mentioned or was unclear to me as a new builder and biker. It's also my amalgamation of different best practices and tips to building a reliable, durable and clean looking ebike.