ML DH Comp Cromotor Max-e Build

I want to update today. I've got a Vector Frame from Artur (thanks!!!) and about 750 miles on the bike now. Wow, tons of fun!!! :)

I found one weak cell so I replaced it. I had some crazy dealings with getting my Max-E fixed.. Long story short I have two working max-e kits now and might sell one.

xZSecCRl.jpg

ZU6mBtkl.jpg

Xc8ZOJkl.jpg

sick!!! :)
yi6VDQDl.jpg

I had an incident where the freewheel hit the frame. I never had a chain on it to tighten the freewheel, so it came loose. Amazingly, the threads were fine, and I replaced the freewheel and it's all good now. I wish I had a better freewheel; I have a cheap one now. It is pretty loud and whiny. It reverberates through the motor or something. I would go with an ENO if I did it again.

TDwTn5Cl.jpg

nkmbuT4l.jpg

HWvM8Fdl.jpg

6BX53hOl.jpg

IH68C9Gl.jpg

Up and running again

CEm62Jil.jpg

oOs3q34l.jpg

bgwkLkHl.jpg

put a chain on

M0zmPHVl.jpg

I go to college at SDSMT in Rapid City, SD. I have taken some beautiful rides through the black hills :) The bike does awesome on those raods! The most beautiful road I've even been on is called Iron Mountain Road. It has these things called pigtail bridges and has tunnels which frame Mt Rushmore as you drive through. Also the needles highway is beautiful!

This ride I did Sylvan Lake (extremely beautiful), Needles, Custer St. Park, came up Iron Mt Road, charged for an hour in Keystone, raced the historic 1880 train from Keystone to Hill City, then ate supper at the Alpine Inn. Best day ever!
HtyO8jzl.jpg

0bwM6Ail.jpg

3N7YzIpl.jpg

2uIbXAfl.jpg

G0kW8NVl.jpg

stats for that ride
4aaU6FOl.jpg

They let me into Mt. Rushmore for free! :)

1CqgXokl.jpg

B3hmbfdl.jpg

Did a big ride by Lead/Deawood area and Terry Peak. Very steep hills there!!! Lots of regen for me :)

HDbESFIl.jpg

7ACpcHWl.jpg

C9Ajj6Ll.jpg

Homestake Mine/Sanford Underground Dark-Matter Research Laboratory (might get to go underground for one of my classes!! :)
CaXPnfGl.jpg

GG8BI8Sl.jpg

Skyline Drive in Rapid City

dOdvwoql.jpg

Playing with some strava routes (mark my road bike ones; change the e-bike rides to crossfit so I'm not a cheater!)

msgXSrvl.png

M0zmPHVl.jpg

gVcmehTl.jpg

750 miles to date. I want to commute on my pedal bike next summer. I'll get some competition between that and the e-bike! I AM LOVING LIFE :D

Great to see you own a vector frame,you need it :) sounds like a fun ebike trip ..went to sturgis in 1994 and drove all over the place on my 52 panhead.sturgis was lame, but the campgrounds-people-food and roads were awesome!

That is a nice ride and it looks like you are getting primo range and top shelf scenery. Happy for you. When I get the my Big Fat Giant project completed. I may look a different frame than the giant DH for my next build.

I got a flat, fixed it, put on a new Shinko SR241 tire. A staple caused the flat.

TJ8SoT3l.jpg

JS60Ksxl.jpg

JoSKUcAl.jpg

I ran my bike on the Black Hills Harley Davidson motorcycle dyno. The guys were really nice and seemed to really like my bike :) Two of the guys were fellow electrical engineers (that is, once I graduate in May :) ), which I liked.

3iqJBbel.jpg

70CYSERl.jpg

DTKzyETl.jpg

This time I got 10.87HP @ 27mph. Pretty awesome!! :) I tried to calculate torque from this. I got 215lb/ft of torque at 10mph, which should be equal to or greater at 0mph..

I am running 20s lipo (74V) at 150 battery amps on the Max-E with the Cromotor in a 19" motorcycle rim (I used 25" outside diameter, not sure 100% if this is right)

The points at speed = 0 are interpolated/guessed.

VdJarKrl.jpg

I recently got clip-in shoes for my bikes. Really, really nice on the road bike. Tried on mountain bike, super nice, but afterwards I'm glad I survived! I tipped over a few times. This is actually the old e-bike, getting more life after it was wrecked and decommissioned a couple years ago.

l31QW8ul.jpg

It's getting cold, it was in the 20s this morning on my drive to the school. Highs are in the 50s and dropping..

Back