ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712584.315760.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712603.880178.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712613.998397.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712625.771311.jpg

View attachment 11

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712658.220497.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712678.181160.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430712691.987729.jpg

Was on call all weekend so I could only work on it for a few hours....waiting on some rotor spacers and the battery pack. I have a lot of wiring to do.....

What was your source for the fork and why the extra leg? Do you plan to use dual front brakes?

Was there a price advantage for buying Adapto and frame together?

What length rear shock did you end up with?

Exciting! I hate it when work gets in the way :(

I bought it from a guy on pinkbike. It was basically new and he had an extra leg. I won't be using dual front brakes. I think a 203mm hope floating rotor will do just fine. My rear shock is 9.5, but i think i'm gonna have to get a smaller spring since I'm short and the current setup is too tall for me.

I'm having some serious issues with the shitty square taper. The square cranks that i got don't seem to go in all the way (maybe that's normal) but it makes such a huge offset with the rear sprocket that i cant use a single speed change. I also picked up a 12T freewheel from kinaye, but it seems like the regular single speed chain i have won't fit around the 12T without skipping or jumping. Is the 12T too small? I have a 38T in front.

Andreas is shipping my 20s8p samsung 25R pack today so not sure how long it'll be.

As for shipping.....I ordered the MXUS around 15MAR. I was emailing/talking to Artur around that time. He didn't have vectors in stock...so i had to wait. For exact shipping times: he shipped it out on 17APR and I got it 02MAY.

I mean...you're in California so maybe a few extra days?

:D its being delivered today unfortunately I won't be home to receive my package :( . guess I am Calling in sick tomorrow :lol:

About your crank alignment issue, have you thought about using some chainring spacer? I am sure I will run into the same problem.

Looking really great so far. One thing I noticed is the head angle appears to be extremely steep in the full pic... perhaps you might want to play with the rear shock angle adjustments. Slack head angles are much more stable off-road and at speed.

moonshine,

i can see from your pics that your crank arms do not seem to be tightened properly..
first you need to remove the arms and grease the spindle squares and crank and crank arm bolts..
square taper is a press fit so the grease helps the cranks seat..
also the crank bolts need to be tightened to manufacturer spec..
(usually around 25-30ft lbs with torque wrench for square taper cranks)
check crank bolt torque often after riding/ break in..
if greasing and tightening the cranks down until they seat is not enough..
looks like you have space to shim the freewheel over right and the crank chainring left..

bike is looking real nice:)

moonshine said:
file.php

So I'm not sure how to "press" the cranks in any further. Is there a tool? Also on the chain ring side if I press the cranks any further the chain ring will hit the frame!

I don't know the crank bolts specs because I didn't get any crank bolts for my origin8 cranks. I'm just using whatever was on the frame.

I though about a chain ring spacer but there really isn't a lot of threading on the mxus motor to allow that. I might just have to get a 3 speed cassette to get the lateral length I need.

Oh yea, im definitely gonna have to get a new spring. The 9.5" is way too tall. Gonna go to at least 8.75 maybe smaller...

I ruined a bottom bracket once by not tightening the crank bolts enough, so I'd definitely recommend buying a beam style torque wrench. You should be fine with a cheap one from an auto parts store.

The beam type in this video are pretty cheap and work well:
[youtube]w-mutvqhZZ4[/youtube]

Will do. I have a torque wrench. I'll crank down some more....also, the crank arms I have must be meant for two chainrings since it has a slot to install the ring on the outside or inside of the chain ring tabs. If I install them on the inside they might hit the frame...

Lowered the spring as much as I could....and the fork is lowered as much as possible on the crowns. I used a some Web tool to measure angles and got around 68-70 degrees at the headtube which is ridiculous.

I'm definitely gonna have to get a new f***ING shock. From what I understand since my shock is 9.5x3 I can't just get a smaller spring but rather a new shock with a shorter stroke length. Right? Any other suggestions?

I'm not sure i follow. how would a smaller rear shock make it worse?

I'm a big fan of the colours. Might order a frame too I think to drop one of my MXUS motors on.
Following the thread with interest.

moonshine said:
I'm not sure i follow. how would a smaller rear shock make it worse?

I wouldn't say it's worse. I just thought you were concerned about the angle of the fork. With a smaller rear shock that will lower the rear of the bike and increase the head tube angle. My bike is going to be the same way, since I'll have a 16" moped wheel in the back and 19" wheel up front with downhill forks. Some people on this forum might say it's too aggressive of an angle and might affect the handling, but I like it set up like that because it takes the weight off my hands. It's all personal preference. If the bike feels good, go with it. That's what I'm doing on mine.

By the way, you could always just cut a scrap metal bar that would support your weight just so you could sit on the bike and see if it feels comfortable, to give you a better idea of how a smaller rear shock will feel to help you dial in the right shock length.

Just got done putting it together and I ran into the same problem with crank angle alingment.. Have you found a solution for it yet?

I would like a head tube angle of about 65-68. I'm gonna switch my 9.5 to 8.5" shock. That'll decrease the rear by 25.4mm which is probably good for at least 1 degree (not much). I'll also put a 26" mavic 729 with a kenda nevegal tire (OD ~26.7"). So my 19" rim has an OD of 25.5". Ill gain another ~25mm.

Anyone else have suggestions for slackening head tube angle?

For the crank alignment I'm gonna switch the front chain ring to the inside, press the cranks in more, and get a 3 speed cassette to push out the rest further.

Also 16 rear and 19 front is probably gonna be fine. You have a 3" difference. I'm starting to think I should've gone 17" instead of 19...

My setup is 25.5 (i think...now I'm not sure what the OD is of a 19 with shinkos...should be 24 OD but I thought I measured 25.5) and 26.7 in front. Only 1" difference....

moonshine said:
Anyone else have suggestions for slackening head tube angle?
I would look into fabricating a new top shock mount... When i was designing my frame i went for a bolt on bottom bracket, luckly i got it right first time.

Already in the process of doing that too...

Back