Moonshine's Vector/MXUS/MaxE Build

Just bought a 8.75" 2015 fox rc4. I wanted a 8.5 but the 8.75 was mint and half the cost!

I'm also gonna try to flip the bracket upside down and see if that helps

Measured the rear wheel and its 25.5" (technically 19" + 2.75" x2) I guess the treads add a little extra.

I jacked up the front tire by 2" to simulate the 26" (~27") wheel. The head tube angle is a little better and with an 8.75" shock might be better too...but no where close to where I want it to be...

What's the head angle of the raptor? Bomber?

Nice build

What size are the Shinko 241 tires?

thanks...running into some problems...but that's expected i guess.

Shinko 241s are 19"x2.75"

So I thought I was wicked smaht and turned the top mount upside down to gain about an inch, but then I had to turn the shock upside down since the reservoir was gonna hit the mount not allowing the bolt to go through...

The good news is I got a lot more slackened head tube angle. Like 65-67 (angle finder app) but the bad news is the reservoir will hit the damn 19" wheel!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430973120.123933.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430973143.821404.jpg
View attachment 2

Frack!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050260.081176.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050283.472482.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050315.085409.jpg

View attachment 3

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050343.900925.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050361.209425.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050370.715439.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050380.804137.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050393.375800.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431050404.999300.jpg

The 26" mavic 729 rim is supposed to be badass and tough as a motherfracker. They're wide too. The 26" wheel in the front makes it look sweet and it also helps the HT.

I rotated the entire shock 180 degrees and it clears the frame!!! The new 8.75" x 2.75" will be here next Wednesday so I'll try it out. This way I won't have to custom fabricate a new bracket. Don't really have the time to do that.

The chain line looks better now that I pressed the cranks in a bit further and changed the chain ring to the inside. Still about an inch offset though. I ordered a 6 speed cassette and will convert it over to a single speed.

The head tube angle now is about 65!

BTW "slacken" just means decreasing the head tube angle.

I love tapatalk! This thread is just me talking to myself! And documenting progress....

moonshine said:
I love tapatalk! This thread is just me talking to myself! And documenting progress....

You may feel like your talking to yourself but i am keeping a close eye on this thread.

Thank you for all the info, :D my build will be very similar (Vector/MXUS)

Im watchin your everymove 8) ...

Hahaha nice to know people are watching...

I am as well :0) Looks like the start of something very nice.

I am very intersted in the throttle you purchased. Very close to buying one myself was just waiting to see how it worked for you before taking the plunge.

Keep up the good work.

Electricmotorsport

http://www.electricmotorsport.com/ev-parts/throttles/domino-twist-grip-throttle-with-microswitch.html

GiantEV said:
Yes, the angle looks aggressive, especially compared to a Vector with a smaller fork. I fear a shorter rear shock may accentuate this even more.

How does the head tube angle look now?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431132704.726177.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431132716.061578.jpg

Had to add spacer for the freewheel which required me to stretch the swingarm by a few mm. Without the freewheel the mxus is fine and doest require any spacers except on the phase wire side just to protect the wires. I'm not at home but will check later.

The chain line looks way better! I don't have the sprocket removal tool so I had to keep all the other sprockets on but I plan on getting them off.

The mods continue....

No not really. They were definitely tight but I just used a rubber mallet on the swing arm and they dropped in fine. I had to make my swingarm stretch a little due to the freewheel.

Not enough to require dishing the wheel to get it centered in the swing arm?

I don't think so. Definitely not if you're using a single speed freewheel, but then i'm not sure how you would get the chainline to line up well. Right now I have the 6 speed freewheel on which is too wide causing it to hit the 2 bolts on the dropouts. So for now the freewheel isn't moving freely. :) I'm ordering another freewheel like a 3 speed or just a freewheel body with a single cog.

I have a 7 speed on my MXUS and it fits perfect but I had to move the clamping dropout to the outside. Neither my brake nor cluster would work due to the screws on the clamping dropout connection.

Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,898
Back