Motor Vibration/rattling sound

I bought a Voilamart 500w front kit setup and a cheap 20Ah Blue chinese battery. Since the start, motor was very quiet and just gave out a whiny sound, I can reach 24mph top speed with a decent acceleration from the blue chinese battery. Although, the range was somewhere around 6 miles max and then the motor used to cutout intermittently. I assumed ( and through a previous post of mine here), it was the battery problem. I returned the battery and got a new LifePo4 36V 10Ah battery off ebay and the same thing happened, range was even less now(4-5miles) and then the motor got cutout after full throttle pull. I had to turn off and on the main switch to get back throttle control. I bought an XLD Brainpower 36-48V controller after assuming I am not getting more peak current as the stock controller was limited to 22A peaks. When I connected the new controller, I did the motor speed test off the ground, and the wheel/motor made extreme vibration sound to the point that it made the entire bike vibration vigorously. Also the phase wires going into the motor got really hot after 15s of continuous throttle. I tried loosening the front wheel axle(thinking this could be a resonance issue), but the extreme vibration was still there. When I connected my old stock 22A controller back, the sound went away and the motor was again very quite with a thin whiny sound.

To sum up, the motor was quiet with stock output controller and extremely noisy with the XLD motor controller. After a week of using the stock controller, the vibration started occuring regardless of what controller I used, with vigorous vibration on the XLD controller. I still use the old stock controller to drive around with whatever 5 mile range I was getting. I upgraded to a Unit Pack Power 36V 13Ah battery off Amazon and the noisy motor sound is still there. And with the UPP battery, motor cuts out right after full throttle while the battery still being at 100% charge. The motor also rocks in reverse direction first before going in the forward direction.

I'm at my wits end and have tried different combinations of motor controller/battery but can't come to the bottom of this. My range and acceleration is stupid low and now I'm regretting going for the 500w setup. Adding a video link to show motor sound.

Sound test: https://youtu.be/z5do_19eaGQ

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Well it still makes that noise with the stock controller, the after market (XLD) controller is working fine now, atleast to the point I can ride my bike easily for daily commute. Although the sound is just stuck and my motor is no more silent.

Chintan_joey said:
Well it still makes that noise with the stock controller, the after market (XLD) controller is working fine now, atleast to the point I can ride my bike easily for daily commute. Although the sound is just stuck and my motor is no more silent.

If the motor was vibrating the way you mentioned, the it's probable that you had the wrong hall wire combination, especially if the phase wires were getting hot. If you ran it for anything more than briefly (a few seconds) at full throttle, it's possible you damaged the motor or the controller, or both.

I'd also suggest stop wasting your money (literally) and junk batteries with unknown cells.

E-HP said:
Chintan_joey said:

If the motor was vibrating the way you mentioned, the it's probable that you had the wrong hall wire combination, especially if the phase wires were getting hot. If you ran it for anything more than briefly (a few seconds) at full throttle, it's possible you damaged the motor or the controller, or both.

I'd also suggest stop wasting your money (literally) and junk batteries with unknown cells.
Luckily I was able to return both the batteries. I now have one from UPP which holds up pretty well as per the specifications and provides ample power to the motor. Motor is fine, I can easily hit ~35mph speeds and I get around 10-12 miles of range. Just that, I miss the silent(just a slight whiny) motor sound. My motor only makes sound when I give electric power, it doesn't make sound if it is running freely.

Back