Multistar High Capacity 6S 16000mAh

roadrash said:
Any buddy codes?
Try 84AA8F74-B05E-4053-8515-3BAAF33CFA89 but I think it may have run out yesterday...

Emoto said:
bionicdan said:
I got some of these for adding extra cells in a non messy way. Not sure how good they are as they havnt arrived yet. I soldered my own harness with a silverline gas iron on full and flowed well.
AMASS%20XT90%20Paralell2.jpg
took a shot and this is how they connect quite smart , so you could make your own and improve on using just solder if youve got some lying around.
Good you got on to hk and sorted the packing issue with the connector marking the side of these cells . :mrgreen: what were they thinking .
Yeah I got mine the other day and noticed it was just a blob of solder. Think I might wrap a few copper runs round it just in case :)

It is annoying I went to great lengths thinking about caring for the cell edges and now all my cells have a thumb sized dent in. Ah well I got one freebie out of it as compensation woo

1KW said:
please let me know how your ibera bag holds up…i have a large size in the kona stinky and can fit 3 packs in there(super tight squeeze with foam)

all 3 of my packs are solid, and will work great for a lower moderate amp discharge rate. Ordered another for 100v16ah @ 25amps limit on controller for a 2.5kw bike.

For the bbs02 these packs are great(might actually sell my entire setup and go with the bbs02 @ 12s16ah on a xc bike and have one pack for backup).

Ibera bag turned up today but its not as big as quoted measurements suggest due to very rounded corners :cry:

It will only hold one battery but luckily I bought a seatpost rack with small bag and fold away panniers and 2 batteries fit in perfectly :D
The pannier pockets actually make great protection for them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251639951964?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

yeah i got mine in yesterday, it will hold 2 of these(large size), but def not 3…..ugh. Cant ride my bike until i get a way to hold the batteries. Im thinking the em3ev bag, but that will take at least 10 days to get here..

My current solution.
The bungee is just for a bit of extra security.
CAM02146_zps168e8977.jpg

My current frame is only 17 inch so I am looking for a bigger one (with rear suspension) so I can get a larger frame bag eventually.

Cant see video as its set as private :cry:

Can see it now(but only on Youtube).
Thats given me a great idea to get 4 x Multistar 16000's on my bike for a range of over 90 miles.
Thanks.

Its 3.7v.
Thats why it has 22.2 volts written on the pack :wink:

iperov said:
neptronix said:
3.8v nominal voltage
prooflink please that multistar 3.8v nominal
Better do it yourself, so you do not need any doubtful proof. :)
Just take cell or pack, discharge it fully with Icarger or something and write down the full capacity, then repeat to capacity/2, measure the V and voila, you are way more smarter and informed then asking somebody to do the homework for you. :wink:
Then share with us.

P.S. I get about 3.833V/cell on turnygy hardcases 5A4s after 50% capacity drained.

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
you can get 35C/6s/16Ah/LiPo 168 x 116 x 52mm for 160Euros i.o 375Euros, (shop located in switzerland)
see here

For the difference between $130 AUD Shipped and $550 AUD + shipping, I think I can wait... Not to mention it weights a pound more.

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
you can get 35C/6s/16Ah/LiPo 168 x 116 x 52mm for 160Euros i.o 375Euros, (shop located in switzerland)
see here
2014-06-14_06.04.36.jpg
I'm sure you noticed, but those are just 12 cells of 8ahr, 18C (?) , arranged as 6S, 2P.
...so nothing that you could not arrange yourself from cheaper HK 8 Ahr , 6S packs .
....much cheaper !

ok, got your points .
EDIT : they set the price back to 375Euros today - 160Euros OFFER EXPIRED

I see the "ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 6S1P 30C" on HK is at 70Euros - 140Euros for 16Ah and "Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C Lipo Pack" is at 85Euros - 170Euros for 16Ah, not sure how it could (have been) really be "much cheaper" for me ? not sure the weight is a valid argument either if arranging 8Ah packs, not to mention delivery and import taxes which would add up... then HK revealed itself poor to deliver me stuff - I believe I will get those ones in 3days with free delivery and no import taxes...

but ok, for international customers it's (was) obviously a different story...

The whole point of this thread is to highlight the "Multistar" range of low cost, high capacity, low "C" rate, low weight, cells.
There are , and have been for a long time, many options for higher "C" rate, more expensive, heavier, ways of assembling a battery with similar capacity. :cry:

feeling happy with my 3x 6s 16Ah 35C packs @160E I just received,
glad I stepped out from "HK cult", glad I won't have to wait any longer for those "quixotic" multistar pack
which are obviously LOW availability

Back