MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

Allex said:
Small holes wont do that much(they will work like airpockets), better to go with fewer larger holes(helps to scoop up Air). If you motor gets hot you probably have wrong tuning on the controller.
DSC01836.jpg

SUPPOSEDLY the theory of big center holes/small outer holes is that centrifigal force pulls air in center and out sides...more numerous small holes keep air flow on the hottest part of motor...thats the theory i guess

when you say "wrong tuning on controller" what specifically should i be looking at?

Korpin, do you do a lot of stop and go or are you just running flat out? Before ferrofluid I was able to heat up a 4T in a 17inch wheel to 90-100c with 20s dialed in at 40amps with some moderate hills and stop signs after about 6-8 miles depending on ambient air temp. This is about 3000 watts which is exactly to spec of what it is rated for I believe. When I run higher power I can get it to heat up quite quickly. Hopefully that gives you some sense of a similar setup. I would think that a 5T in a 26inch bike wheel would heat about the same as a 4T in a 17inch, but have not checked the simulator.

I still think korpin has a false phase combo. It shouldn't be very warm at those power levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, totally likely. There seems to be about one of those per week on the board, haha.

Korpin, get the rear wheel in the air and check how many amps you are drawing with full throttle at no load. That is a quick way to tell if things are off with your phase/hall combo and you have a false positive.

ecycler said:
Yes, totally likely. There seems to be about one of those per week on the board, haha.

Korpin, get the rear wheel in the air and check how many amps you are drawing with full throttle at no load. That is a quick way to tell if things are off with your phase/hall combo and you have a false positive.

i lifted wheel in normal mode and cranked throttle it jumped up to 17 amps then shot back down to 1-2 amps....settings in normal are 36 controller amps 81 phase amps

I run a v1- 5t @ 80v 80amps many hills and to much regen only gets warm. Sinewave. 42 mph 26in. Getting a turbo 4t wonder how it will run 26in 80v 80amps ? Maybe turn down the amps ?

999zip999 said:
I run a v1- 5t @ 80v 80amps many hills and to much regen only gets warm. Sinewave. 42 mph 26in. Getting a turbo 4t wonder how it will run 26in 80v 80amps ? Maybe turn down the amps ?

hmm..i am running 35 amps 86 volts in 25.5" wheels getting about 44 mph in my 5t...

what controller you use for 86volts?
86v is nominal or max voltage of you battery pack?
I looking at sinusoidal Kelly controller KLS7218S,24V-72V,200A, but they are good only up to 90V according description.

minde28383 said:
what controller you use for 86volts?
86v is nominal or max voltage of you battery pack?
I looking at sinusoidal Kelly controller KLS7218S,24V-72V,200A, but they are good only up to 90V according description.

96v is max adappto midi

miuan said:
Oh, my bad. The actual difference will be close to 25%.

ok so 25% more amps needed....but have 60% more phase wire....and cooling vents...and more copper fill

Korpin, are you sure you have your temp sensor settings programmed in correctly? The MXUS3k is a bit different. Did you double check that the ambient temperature is the same as ambient at least?

ecycler said:
Korpin, are you sure you have your temp sensor settings programmed in correctly? The MXUS3k is a bit different. Did you double check that the ambient temperature is the same as ambient at least?

well i originally used the KTY83 it matched the ambient temperature of motor when it was cool...but after running motor the temperature reading would go WAY up past actual temperature so as an interim solution while i am waiting for my 4T V3 to be installed I am using the NTC10K it shows ridiculously high temperature when cool but seemed to come closest to actual temp when hot

korpin said:
just wanted to share email i got from AMY who works for MXUS:

Hello Jack ,
I am Amy , may I know are you customers of our company ?
Thanks for your note of our new super powerful motor . It is new upgrades of V2 .
V3 motor and cover cannot put into the V2, because V3 stator is bent , and the axle of V3 is bigger .
If you want to know the difference, the link writes perfectly.
"The 3K-Turbo, upgrades the axle from 17mm to 20mm diameter on the wire side with a larger bearing to squeeze in 5.26mm² phase wires (76% increase in cross-sectional area): Larger phase wires reduces the resistance and increases the efficiency of the power delivery to the motor. In addition, the 3K-Turbo adds a spare set of hall & temp wires for double-redundancy more reliability. The larger phase wires are particularly beneficial for the 3T and 4T windings where the cross-sectional area of the winding very close to the same 5.26mm²."

OK , now would you like one sample , one sample total is 239$ including shipping to your company.
If you like it ,let me know .By the way ,if you add my Skype : rollyyou
That would be great .
Best regards
Amy

where did you ordered a MXUS INCL shipping for that price?!

markz said:
Korpin when did you buy yours from the factory?

they offered to send me motor since i told them i was working with HPC but I found out HPC had already ordered it....Kenyae motorsports has decent price

Hey guys, anybody tested v3 mxus with adaptto?
I have really hard time adjusting it because it overheats soo easily. By overheat i mean getting to 120 Celcius - which is temp limit for adaptto.

I tried different phase combos and got to the point when i have angle correction close to 0 (-0.8 to be exact) and timing of 330ms.
I still can reach 120celcius in about 7-9km moderate riding at 50A batt and 200A phase.
Is that normal?

I am pretty sure Allex did mxus 3000 and e-max for his Bomber, combo got him > 100 km/h. He pushed current to the max with OVS. Can't remember he was troubled by overheating. It could be wrong phases, or even some settings you have gotten wrong. 120 c seems high, are those 7-9 Km steep climbing, or more flat? Lots of stop and go or more cruising?

What turn count motor do you have and what wheel size?
If you are not trying anything extreme like 29"er I can't see why you should experience such high temp. Are your gauge correct? Check with ice cube or boiling water if you open motor.

No hills, flat but 5-8 stop and go actions.
No ovs, max speed about 65kmh.
26inch wheel and 4T wind.
4mm2 to motor, not excessively long.

What do you mean by
Are your gauge correct? Check with ice cube or boiling water if you open motor.

Do you mean to check whether thermistor is not broken?
How do you propose to apply boiling water to motor?
I should have kty83 as any mxus. Ambient temp is ok.

Do you mean to check whether thermistor is not broken?
How do you propose to apply boiling water to motor?
I should have kty83 as any mxus. Ambient temp is ok.

Hehe I was thinking if you have the motor open, pry the thermistor loose and dip the end in hot boling water. Or use an ice cube just to check the calibration.
I know from my brewing days thermistors and temp gauges are more often then you should think not correctly calibrated and that will lead to all kinds of headache and wrong data. And with wrong data you end up with wrong decision. If calibration is off maybe your displayed temp of 120 is actually only 90 degrees. And then if you find thermistor to be wrongly calibrated you don't have a problem. :)

Even if you got a kty83 as any mxus thermistor could be wrongly calibrated showing wrong temperature readings.

I think you should start with a new auto detect. Then browse the Adaptto thread to see what settings people are using for the mxus. Or check firmware version on your controller and check adaptto thread to see if your version of FW has any issues with heat, or mxus etc.

atomek1000 said:
Hey guys, anybody tested v3 mxus with adaptto?
I have really hard time adjusting it because it overheats soo easily. By overheat i mean getting to 120 Celcius - which is temp limit for adaptto.

I tried different phase combos and got to the point when i have angle correction close to 0 (-0.8 to be exact) and timing of 330ms.
I still can reach 120celcius in about 7-9km moderate riding at 50A batt and 200A phase.
Is that normal?

what voltage are you using? I would try using a little less battery amps like 45 and maybe 100 phase amps and try setting acceleration to "---".....what speeds are you getting?..

my V2 motor was getting extremely hot even with 45 amps and 90 phase amps on flat ground....BUT it climbed a steep 2000 elevation the other day without shutting off after adjusting programming

also would try venting

Attachments

• covers.jpg
    covers.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,342
Korpin something is definitely wrong, even a V1 mxus shouldnt overheat at 45a on the flat.
I'd check your phase combinations. I am sure you have a false combo.

atomek1000 said:
korpin said:
.BUT it climbed a steep 2000 elevation the other day without shutting off after adjusting programming

also would try venting

What settings did you actually set? Why acceleration to ---?

well my bike is at HPC getting new battery but think i set battery amps to 35 and phase amps to around 80 in normal mode got me about 40-45 mph with 5t....I was told to set acceleration to that value by other guys on adappto board....before i did that setting,controller would shut off in boost mode and i got halls error in normal mode with low acceleration value

Back