My 60mph ebike build

MadRhino said:
45 Mph is ridiculous with this motor. You need a very slow Kv then. I am above 70 Mph with a 11.6 Kv.

You change target speed and wheel size, so we don't know anymore what you need.

Wheel size is still the same, I just used 20 on the simulator, speed is still the same 45 or more, flow of traffic.

You had said 19" moto rim right? That is about the same OD as my 24" bicycle wheel. Then you are planning 20s and I am running 24s. You will do 60 Mph or very close with the 4T winding, if you feed it all the Amps it wants for the weight of your bike.

You will come close to 60 Mph top speed, and beat most motorcycles on a start. With the 4t winding of a 205 H50 V3

A 17 will give you more acceleration, about 5 mph lower top speed, lower Amp draw. Most of all, you will have more choice of tires.

I don't, I build with bicycle rims, spokes, tires. My bike is 69.5 Lbs, remember ? :twisted:

When I was riding motorcycles, I never had any problem finding spokes locally.

Yep, keep the bike straight with same tire size Fr and rr. It will be much better in acceleration, and more natural to steer.

The shinoko 244's are good. For street only, I prefer the Michelin Gazelles. I went with the 2.75" wide versions but there is plenty of room for the 3.00's. I'll probably do that next time on the rear tire.
I got a good deal on my motor mounted in a rim and 17" front wheel from Alan at electricrt.myshopify.com

-Jim

MadRhino said:
Yep, keep the bike straight with same tire size Fr and rr. It will be much better in acceleration, and more natural to steer.

Seconded. Thats what I did. 17" front and back. I too thought about going with different sized front and back, but am happy I didn't. It "sits" and "looks" right with the 17's in my opinion.

As to your question about my use case: I plan to commute with my bike on city streets with 45mph speed limits. I'll have ZERO issues keeping up with cars on my commute. It will destroy cars off the line.

-Jim

I checkout electricrt.shopify but they are sold out of most everything.

It's crazy I am here in Fort Lauderdale, FL beach, sunny nice and there is no ebike stores that offer custom building parts,service.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ebike stores don't do that, or when they do it is not for the kind of bike that you are building.

Most of what you need will have to be ordered, built or mod by yourself.

Lacing a motorcycle rim on a hub motor, you should be looking at motorcycle service shop.

Good idea, I am sure someone does it here locally. I am just reading and researching everything so I have everything ready to go when I start the build.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

What fender is this or do you know of other fenders like this?

fender.png

Check Qulbix thread in the sales section. Should fit yours.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84830

I use universal Montessa or Bultaco style Trial motorcycle mudguards. They are available plastic or alu in many wheel radius. I use the front mudguard for both fr and rr. Easy to cut the length that you want to fit, and make a custom mount. I prefer those because they are very efficient. After breaking a few plastic ones in crashes, I bought the alu version and used it as a mold to make CF copies. Now I use Alu on the rear and CF on the front.

Back