MY trip to Germany.

sabrewalt

100 W
I am in Germany this week to visit my daughter. She is a Texan and has lived here for about 4 years. When she arrived she bought a cheap bike and basically rode it until the frame cracked. She says in her city (Mainz) she can beat the cars from place to place because they have to spend 30 minutes looking for a place to park as well as everything being one way.

Anyway, This region has bikes. Hundreds, Thousands. They are on the trains and buses. They are everywhere, The drivers are well adjusted enough that if a bike is even on a tiny two lane road, the car waits patiently until there is room to pass. I saw accessories on these bikes I have NEVER seen in the states. Baskets and saddlebags of everykind. Just about every bike has fenders. They all have generator driven lights. Many Germans use these for basic short haul transportation in lieu of the auto. Being from Texas, I found this very interesting.

What suprises me, REALLY suprises me is that with all that I STILL did not see ANY Ebikes at ALL. The gap is still there.

This country is a HUGE opportunity for the Ebike industry EXCEPT for the fact that these people are GERMAN. IE Hard Headed. When I talked to my very green in -laws about this technology(They drive a Volkswagon), It was like I was talking to a cow in a field. They just shut down. To them, a bike is a bike and a car is a car and there is nothing in between unless you are crazy enough to ride a motorcycle.

Post Pictures please.

sabrewalt said:
You wanna see Wedding Pictures????

:lol:

Geeks like us have a difficult time finding women, you know...sometimes the best we can do is photos.

:lol: bike pictures,

I rented a van for moving wedding stuff and people between villages. They RAN my ass off. Give a German a chance and they will gladly use your $6.00 a gallon diesel as well as drink your free beer till it is gone. Point being, The first time I got a chance to take ANY pictures was at the wedding itself. (Did not have a camera any other time. ) SO alas the bikes will remain snapshots in my brain.

I did get a chance to borrow a bike and do a couple of store runs in the village I was staying in and the drivers are the most careful around bikes that I have ever experienced.

fechter said:
sabrewalt said:
You wanna see Wedding Pictures????

No, not really. Welding pictures are much better. :D

How about some pictures of women welding! :D Bonus points for finding pictures of women welding at a wedding -- now there's a super-specialized Fechter fetish!

o66.gif

Hubba! I dig the pearls on the left,

but the total-butch doing the welding should be wearing gloves...

elbow-length satin would be cool.

8)

TylerDurden said:
Hubba! I dig the pearls on the left,

but the total-butch doing the welding should be wearing gloves...

elbow-length satin would be cool.

8)

That's a man, I think. Look at the M-shaped hairline and the little bit of the face in view. But whatever floats your boat, TD. For you, we can find probably pictures of "transvestite women welding while at weddings wearing elbow-length satin". :)

xyster said:
That's a man, I think. Look at the M-shaped hairline and the little bit of the face in view.
Amazing what a little "T" can do...

xyster said:
we can find probably pictures of "transvestite women welding while at weddings wearing elbow-length satin"
You do seem to have access to some rare piccies...

TylerDurden said:
xyster said:
we can find probably pictures of "transvestite women welding while at weddings wearing elbow-length satin"
You do seem to have access to some rare piccies...

Ha ha. I found it first page of google, took all of five seconds:
http://images.google.com/images?um=1&tab=wi&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=welding%20women

My private collection is much more interesting...just kidding :D

You guys are pathetic. I could have posted pics of the brides cute sister but NO.. You wanted this!!!!

sabrewalt said:
You guys are pathetic. I could have posted pics of the brides cute sister but NO.. You wanted this!!!!

You get half of a bonus point for finding welding at a wedding -- the full point was for women welding at a wedding.

10 points still awaits for pictorially satisfying TD's fetish of transvestite women welding at weddings while wearing elbow-length satin.

Yah, we're pathetic...

Back