MysteryDate: Who is BigFail?

"ebike Sarah" is already a pseudonym for a pseudonym . Another would be totally pointless.

Let's flip all the cards and declare...

BigFail is
"NutsandVolts"

(not to be confused with newer member "Nuts&Volts")

He fits enough criteria (except vendor) to be acceptable. And he hates us.

We may be letting the true culprit off, but it's time to get back to the revolution.

Wouln't it be cool if it was me?

& yes, this conversation has become tiresome.....now is the time we dance.

TylerDurden said:
BigFail is
"NutsandVolts"

(not to be confused with newer member "Nuts&Volts")
That's certainly a possiblity.

@methods: If I were BigFail, and wishing to confuse people trying to find my identity, I'd do what he appears to have done: change writing styles, word choices, spellings, etc. Or have several people type up posts, like a room full of friends all having fun and games. That plus an anonymous IP would make it tough to figure out who it is (but not totally impossible, if one or more of those people frequently posted here).

deVries said:
And in this case do the mods REALLY know conclusively who's double account it is ?
No. There is no way to tell.

Probably the IPs used (50?), if the same as Adrian once, was used may put the finger on your region of the world maybe? What about the other 49IPs? Does the number system do a region... hey, you can plug-in the IP address & it will put a dot on the map where 'that' is from. :idea: With 50 IPs, then one might be able to peg this with these odds. :p :shock: 8)
There is only one IP for Bigfail, as posted.

It is possible to accurately physically locate an IP address just as it is a phone number, but it is not quite as simple as just going to a website. You would need to contact the holder of the IP range, like an ISP/etc., and find out who that IP address was assigned to, and where physically on their system it was assigned at that specific time. It is highly unlikely that anyone will give you that information without a court order, and possibly not even then (as they might not log that kind of info, but probably do).

adrian_sm said:
But to play devils advocate. How do we explain that apparently one or more (not sure) of my posts were from this same anonymous IP address.
Only one post of yours matches Bigfail's anonymous IP.

In PHPBB's moderator panels, there's no link to the posts that an IP address was used in, only a list of IP addresses a user has posted from, and a corresponding list of other users that match any of those IP addresses. I wish it did list other *posts* that match those IP addresses, but it does not.

Theoretically it is also possible for someone to change which username is on a post, and thus for Bigfail (if a moderator or admin) to have assigned one of his own posts to *you* just to throw off the trail, but this is unlikely for at least this reason: there are no logs of any such action, and this is AFAIK a logged activity.

gtadmin said:
with all the references to sheep, it has to be a kiwi, so that put's the location in Sydney doesn't it :p
No, it could be Texas, too. :p (having lived there as a kid, and heard all sorts of inappropriate discussions of their uses that I would like to forget)

gtadmin said:
Who can manipulate the IP of incoming posts (or change the IP record of somebody else's posts)?
No one, AFAIK. Only the username on a post can be changed (at least with the moderator panel), and even that activity is logged.

deVries said:
Ok mods, what is the IP for eBike Sarah
Irrelevant, as the only IP available for Bigfail is via an anonymizer, and thus location-independent. IP trail is dead cold. Unless you know someone that can force the anonymizer site to give up their logs. ;)

dogman said:
Solar something or other? The Aussie who had trouble shipping what was paid for after something went on with an employee?
SolarBBQ, aka Brett White.

I doubt that one, as I doubt he'd come back to ES for any reason, but you never know--when it comes to fights and destructions of groups they dislike, some people hear about them and come running to watch or help the destruction. It's happened in clubs I've been part of before.

deVries said:
liveforphysics said:
Lol! It was not me Patrick. Lol
Based on that new information... :p

Are the two IPs associated with eBike Sarah coming from the same area and/or location? Below the equator? Come'on, :p are both IPs from the same country, or, even better, the same city or nearby region :?: :?: :?:

Where :?:

& please be way more precise than downward... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ebike Sarah has nothing to do with BigFail.

Joseph C. said:
Ebike Sarah has nothing to do with BigFail.
Really?

eBike Sarah is a Spoofer = BigFail is a Spoofer too... Check. Ding.

eBike Sarah spoofed the same thread at the same time BigFail did. Check plus. Ding Ding.

As Tyler Durden has suggested an idea BigFail seems to post with similar style in the sense of being "spurned lovers", terse with each other, I can make more associations too... Check plus, plus. Ding Ding Ding. There is some connection between the one or the two. :p

Only two highly visible spoofers have appeared on ES recently & together! in this last instance too... Check plus, plus, plus. Ding Ding Ding Ding.

Seems to me there is a serious association between the two... Friends one upping each other or one in the same, imo. :p :mrgreen: :twisted:

I need to go read the 8 posts from eBike Sarah. :wink: I need to send a PM too.

:arrow: No mod will fess-up to where eBike Sarah's IPs originate from :?: :?: :?:

Do the two IP addresses for eBike Sarah match another member of ES too :?: :?: :?: :lol:

Am I really barking-up the wrong tree? Maybe. But there IS an association, imo.

For the pure sport of it.

Why is the criminal always so compelled to return to the scene of the crime?

chekola said:
I havent read the whole thing to know what all the fuss is , but why the big need to find out who BF is ?

I thought Justin had bought this place back last I heard , so why the witch hunt , and for what purpose ?

(curious)
Your last word is my answer... I'm just holding The Fort while the Aussie's sleep & dream-up some more guessing-answers... :p

I don't really care but for the chase & for the sake of the Aussies' curiousity. :twisted:

No witch hunt that I've seen. I'll roll over & let someone else play tag for now... :idea: :D

No crime has been committed, I was speaking metaphorically. perhaps perpetrator would have been a better word....But I think bigfail is here among us now :D

According to Dr. Paul Fedoroff, ... the behaviour of returning to the scene of the crime was first noted more than a century ago.

He says there are four reasons an offender would do so:

The first is the "mundane" reason -- to find out if the crime has been discovered, what police know and find out if any evidence was accidentally left behind, said Dr. Fedoroff.

The second reason is to appear heroic. An example of this is a firefighter who secretly sets fires so he can join in battling the resulting blaze.

The third reason is what Dr. Fedoroff calls the "prosaic" reason -- the offender wants to be part of the excitement.

"It's not unheard-of for serial offenders to infiltrate the process," he said, pointing to offenders who join search parties or get involved in police investigations.

"There's something exciting about being that close and still getting away with it."

The fourth reason is what many forensic researchers call the turning-tragedy-into-triumph phenomenon....

I am bored with this thread.... we ruined it.

bigfail, you know we cant track your IP and we know you are reading this.
Throw us a bone and give us a clue....

You know you want to

-methods

being intimately familiar with not only his writing style but also his mindset, i'm 110% certain it's not jashua goldberg.
it's just not in his personality to hide his identity cuz he's such a whore for the spotlight.
he would very much want everyone to know it's him.

even when comparing the writing style, as methods noted BF has a lot of gaps between sentences.
whereas JG prefers single block paragraph, no wasted space.
(see his most recent posts).
ditto nutsandvolts who's even worse into that wall-of-text thing so that eliminates him as well.
they're like draper or safe, they just can't help being what they are.
even with a different skin it's painfully obvious who it is.

didn't follow it at the time but from what little i know brett white sounds good to me.
i'm convinced it has to be a vendor, why would anyone else give a rats ass about SEO & changing the name to something easier to find (and boring).
as for the ip address, as much as i don't like to believe in coincidence i am forced to admit that it does happen.
btw, australia is is clique :wink:
(if that's where BF is from).

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
being intimately familiar with not only his writing style but also his mindset, i'm 110% certain it's not jashua goldberg.
it's just not in his personality to hide his identity cuz he's such a whore for the spotlight.
he would very much want everyone to know it's him.
Yeah, I agree for new reasons too. I thought JG before I investigated & read the posts of eBike Sarah.

My guess is "her-him" IP's address will be traced back to California. :p :twisted:

No Mod has dared to reveal "her-him" eBike Sarah's IPs location AND, honestly, there is no reason NOT to reveal 'that' unless eBike Sarah's IP address matches a member with big rep on the forum too, imo. Otherwise, what's the harm in knowing those 2 IP address locations (the city) :idea: :?: :?: :?:

Is any Mod protecting the identity of eBike Sarah, and if so... WHY :?: Because: :oops:

Send me a PM & explain if I'm far off the mark or not. :twisted:

deVries said:
methods said:

You know you want to
If not BigFail, then eBike Sarah, imo. :mrgreen: :p :idea: :shock: :twisted:

Absolutely 100% not Ebike Sarah. Ebike Sarah is a fun jokester member here that is universally loved , always friendly and not mean to anyone, and who just wanted to make some laughs in the absurdly silly frock-thread.

chekola said:
I think someone should close this thread before someone goes insane ...

That sounds good. I think we should actually close every thread that might upset anyone, anywhere. While I am at it I think I will delete every post I, or anyone else disagrees with, and then I think I will put up some banner ads so I can afford a bag of pot for this weekend. :mrgreen:

-methods

liveforphysics said:
deVries said:
methods said:

You know you want to
If not BigFail, then eBike Sarah, imo. :mrgreen: :p :idea: :shock: :twisted:

Absolutely 100% not Ebike Sarah. Ebike Sarah is a fun jokester member here that is universally loved , always friendly and not mean to anyone, and who just wanted to make some laughs in the absurdly silly frock-thread.
I definitely thought this was/is a likely possibility, though I had a mind-warp back pocket idea too. :p :lol: This person knows you well, of course, since you're 100% absolutely certain eBike Sarah is not BigFail & you were on that frock thread posting w/eBike Sarah too. No need to explain. 8)

methods said:
chekola said:
I think someone should close this thread before someone goes insane ...

That sounds good. I think we should actually close every thread that might upset anyone, anywhere. While I am at it I think I will delete every post I, or anyone else disagrees with, and then I think I will put up some banner ads so I can afford a bag of pot for this weekend. :mrgreen:

-methods

hmmm...................................................perhaps doth protest just enuf????

writing style matches.
spurned lover.
not a vendor but a disgruntled buyer.
and of course a citizen of the commonwealth.

congrats methods.

deVries said:
... I'm just holding The Fort while the Aussie's sleep & dream-up some more guessing-answers... :p

I don't really care but for the chase & for the sake of the Aussies' curiousity. :twisted:

No witch hunt that I've seen. I'll roll over & let someone else play tag for now... :idea: :D
Ok, I'm awake, but gotta go to work but before I do:

We had established :^) sometime last knight that it was an aussie living with deec, someone has suggested Brett White which is quite credible* so it's Brett White living with deec :p

* I actually spoke on the phone to Brett once about 5 years ago, and he sounded very sheepish then

Hmmmm.... chekola posted on
Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 am

he then did not post again until he posted in this thread
Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 pm

His favorite area is General Discussion, and out of 24 of his IP's all are nearly identical except for 2... one of which is anon.

Maybe we do have a new contestant.... :twisted:

-methods

Oh Christ... I just looked up who ebikeSarah is (vomit)
I want to gouge my eyes out
I want to take it back

nooooooooooooooo!

-methods

methods said:
His favorite area is General Discussion, and out of 24 of his IP's all are nearly identical except for 2... one of which is anon.
For those obsessed with IP addresses:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=141.76.45.35+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Yeah old Cheeky certainly got pretty grumpy a month or so back. But I dunno that the writing styles match up. And, ... don't reckon Cheeky could swing his writing style for disguise. The mistakes in Cheeky's writings don't come through in BigFail's, and there are sophistications in BF's that you don't see in Cheeky's.

E

ROFLMAO@Methods, yes poor ebike Sarah is doing it tough at the moment, 'she' definitely isn't the one we're after here ;) Hope 'her' op goes well this week so shes back with us healthy, fit and at 'her' "stunning" best.

KiM

Back