Nanjing far driver controllers

Heads up for anyone with a new fardriver ND72680 controller who can't get their speedo display working on the one-line wire. I got some help off the Facebook electric motorcycle build page. As told, I connected the display wire to the brown (boost) wire from the controller & voila, my display works! Waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can finish trying to calibrate the speed & odometer readings.
Hey dragon!

Prior to this fix was your display not working at all or just the speedometer portion was not working correctly?

On the segway c80 the far controller is known to 'break' the speedometer but the display does work.

I'm wondering if this might be a fix for that.

Can you confirm or deny?

Thank you

Heads up for anyone with a new fardriver ND72680 controller who can't get their speedo display working on the one-line wire. I got some help off the Facebook electric motorcycle build page. As told, I connected the display wire to the brown (boost) wire from the controller & voila, my display works! Waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can finish trying to calibrate the speed & odometer readings.
which wire is boost, when brwon is one-line
I can't get the boost switch to work on my ND72680.
Has it to be grounded or go to 12V?

It has something to do with Port Config by app
I tried the for my rigth looking pin configuration, but when there is something wired in wrong color, I will not find it easily.

I want to be able to release the full power of my controller vom a standstill, but on longer uphill roads my motor can only handle 7-10kw, so I want to have a fool proof setting and one with way more or even full power. See melted phase wires
Or can I do this with the three speed switch as well.
How does the three speed switch work? I have at the handlbar only a push-button with 12v.
On my old scooter , everytime I stopped , it swichted back to the lowest settings and I hate this behaviour.

I want to be able to release the full power of my controller vom a standstill, but on longer uphill roads my motor can only handle 7-10kw, so I want to have a fool proof setting and one with way more or even full power. See melted phase wires
Or can I do this with the three speed switch as well.
How does the three speed switch work? I have at the handlbar only a push-button with 12v.
On my old scooter , everytime I stopped , it swichted back to the lowest settings and I hate this behaviour.
Three speed switch are based 3-gang-switch. Low-Mid-High

There is a jumper plug in the controller's harness that is tied-up with the Speed Selector Plug.
If you plug the jumper, the throttle auto-detect's as High Speed Only.

I've seem this jumper. It seems to connect to ground. The next time I'm working at my scooter I'll try and connect boost to ground.

At the moment I've found another good solution. When you choose 3/4 Speed in the app, then the controller goes automatically in boost mode after you standstill for 30 seconds.

Also found the limiting setting for my top speed problem. I had set the max rpm to 1300 which is 97kph. As I found this yesterday I changed to 1500 and turned the topspeed up to 113kph with 77V and 190Adc. But motor temperature rises fast to 130C , so I decreased it to 1400.
The controller is hard limiting to this rpm and starts a little to oscillate. When I reduce the % phase current settings in the rpm table I have a smoother top speed riding.
Now I have to find a save limit for my 5kw QS60V5000W motor, without burnibg the phase wires again.
At the moment I run 18kw up to 55kph and the reduce to 12kw at 95kph and less at over 100kph. Motor was at 110-120C during the runs. With 30-40C it was with the same setting half a second faster to 80. This little controller ND72680 stays really cool at 220Adc, never have seen more than 50C during my test runs on a flat road.
With the Sabvoton SVMC72150 with 175Adc it took 12.2 to 80kph.
The controller did all my testruns in MTPA, I have never seen week. The Sabvoton needed weakening field to get over 105kph at 84V, with my 13inch motor in my scooter.
Screenshot_20230623_223330_GNSS PA.jpgScreenshot_20230623_222852_GNSS PA.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, guys, can somebody help me to locate fresh fardriver app for Android? Can't connect to controller, app requires an update cause of new version. Thanks and have a great day!

Got the same promolem using version 2.1.9.

Fardriver itself has only 2.1.9 to download.
Perhaps I messed something in the phone settings, because I changed some app settings yesterday. Or do other people have the same problems?

Got the same promolem using version 2.1.9.

Fardriver itself has only 2.1.9 to download.
Perhaps I messed something in the phone settings, because I changed some app settings yesterday. Or do other people have the same problems?
Looks like you're not alone lets say. I'm tried yesterday google some fresh app version, but it was unsuccessful. Wanna calibrate speedo but haven't actual info from controller in screenshots.

Maybe versions timeline are different between platforms, but as like i see in Appstore for Apple - the lastest version is 2.2.7, updated like 2 days ago.1.jpg

Android app version 2.2.3 can now be downloaded at the fardriver homepage and it connects to the controller.

Have you checked the version of the app on the phone, begore you open it. During one of the updates a second icon was generated on my phone at a different place , maybe you open the old version.

Wow. I just got an ND72530 and it has explosive power but what a pain it has been to setup. I came from a Kelly KVD controller and it has no flux/field weakening so the top speed is capped early.

I use the Bluetooth connection through the Android app.

• Here are some tips I have learned that may help some people getting started:
  • The orange wire by itself needs to have battery voltage (or at least 12v?) to trigger the unit on.
  • The 3 speed switch wiring needs to be addressed now or it will cause confusion. If you aren't going to use a 3 speed switch, there is a single wire jumper that should be wrapped around the 3 wire connector. Click that in and it will engage high speed only. If you don't connect the jumper, it will be set to the middle speed setting. If for some reason you don't have the jumper, not a problem. Just go to the parameters later and set "mid speed line ratio / mid speed phase ratio / mid speed RPM" all to 100% and max settings.
  • Do not go to your phone's bluetooth settings and try to pair your controller to your phone. Just open the app and go to to the "comm" tab. Hit "scan" at the top, click the YUAN item, and then click "connect" on the top right. It will say "connected" if successful".
  • Your controller will probably beep 2 times, then one long beep, and then keep repeating. This means you need to do the auto learn. Before you do this, I highly recommend going to the Parameters page and clicking on the EXPERT button to access more functions. Scroll to the FUNCTIONS group and disable the FOLLOW item. Set your battery voltage and line/phase current, max RPM correctly, then begin auto learn. If you don't know the max RPM or rated RPM, just put 12,000 or something for both and the auto learn should sort it out.
  • Auto learn: If you have a chain driven motor, I suggest disconnecting the chain. Your motor will spin backwards and could damage it. Go to the GRAPH tab and click "Auto Learn", then turn the throttle to 100% and hold it down. The motor will go forward and backward, then it will beep and let you know it is complete. Let go of the throttle, go back to the parameters page and hit SAVE.
  • Sometimes when you hit SAVE, the follow function gets turned back on. Also, some parameters (or all?) seem to save automatically. I'm not sure what happens if you never click save. Maybe when you turn off the controller, any changes will be lost?
  • Field/flux weakening: I just barely found out something monumental yesterday that was causing me so much grief. If you want to use this feature, you need to make sure a couple of things are enabled. First is the "WEAK CHARACTER" setting. Apparently everyone agrees to set it to "FAST". I did that but it didn't help at all. The one setting I finally fiddle with was "WEAK RESPONSE". I set that to 0 and it took my motor RPM's from 7500 to over 10,000. It revved so high I actually got a hall sensor error. Before I did changed that setting, it was set to NONE. Apparently "0" and "NONE" aren't the same thing. :rolleyes:
  • Throttle: You have ECO, LINE (LINEAR :rolleyes:), and SPORT. Sport is really fun but it can be violent. You can fine tune the response with the "THROTTLE ACC STEP" setting. I recommend starting at 50 or 75 in Linear or Sport and then take it from there. One thing people seem to agree on is that full throttle comes on way too soon. If anyone has a fix for that, I'd love to hear it. Also, I notice at top speeds, the throttle jerks a lot because it is so sensitive. It makes holding a steady speed very difficult and I find myself bucking like I'm on a horse. Again, any advice on that would be helpful.
  • Regen: If you want to use regen with a button, hook up the two LOW BRAKE wires to your switch, then change the FOLLOW setting to "EABS WHEN BREAK VALID". If you want to regen when you release the throttle, then pick "EABS WHEN RELEASE THROTTLE". Note this last setting won't work if you have a vehicle with a freewheel. You'll need to weld the freewheel solid. Then go to the ENERGY REGERNATE group settings to choose how much % effect to apply at a given RPM. My setting for "FREE THROTTLE" is "0". I'm not sure what that does but my regen does work.
  • Regen settings: The "MAX BACK CURRENT" setting should be 25-50% higher than the "STOP BACK CURRENT". I don't know much about this so if anyone care's to elaborate on how to set this properly, I'm all ears.
  • If your top speed is still limited, go to the "RATIOS IN SPEED" group and set the "LIMIT SPEED" to something higher.
  • I'd love to know more details about the "PID PARAMETERS" group. So far, I've left mine as is but I feel like the acceleration jerking is caused by some wrong settings here. I'll have to dive into it.
  • If your battery % is showing up weird on the GRAPH page, go to the "0 BATT COEFF" and "FULL BATT COEFF" settings. Adjust the FULL settings to a number that gets you to 100% when fully charged. When you are low on juice, adjust the 0 BATT COEFF settings to match.
That's all for now. Geez.
Great explanation..... i find throttle acc and decc at 224 best/higest r lwsponse , anything about pid ? ... i heard field weakening 1 is fastest

Wich display wire ?

Screenshot_20230815-200451.pngScreenshot_20230815-200501.pngScreenshot_20230815-200513.pngScreenshot_20230815-200523.png
Hi all.
I recently finished fully customizing e-motorcycle except controller and motor.
Controller is ND72240 and motor is QS3000w with a new 72v LifePO4 battery, top speed is around 57mph.
I know 72240 is not really strong enough but I want to make this little bit faster (5~10mph+ top speed) and bit better acceleration if possible.
Since I put almost 22inch rear tire (I know it's big but this is the only one on the market fits on my rim), I don't wanna push way too high.
And because of this tire size, acceleration is pretty bad.
I understand changing lower RPM ratio to lower% making better acceleration but I have no idea how much is the safety margin.

Or is there any easier way (or smarter way) to make this motorcycle little faster?
Auto learning is already done.

Thank you.

Sorry but your controller is to small for more top speed. For 63mph I need around 7kW from the battery.
For better acceleration you can enter 100% up to 4000rpm.
You will see in the app when the controller is limited in phase current because of the 70A battery current limit.
You can also increase Throttle ACC step to 228

If you have a temperature sensor in the motor the controller will lower output power if the temperature gets over 140°C.
If not , you can only guess what happens inside the motor.

Back