Need a bigger chain ring need advice..

I will buy up all the used ones at the local used bike store, I saw 3 or 4 but they were 52T Shimano, I purchased the 53T Campolo (however you spell it)

markz said:
I will buy up all the used ones at the local used bike store, I saw 3 or 4 but they were 52T Shimano, I purchased the 53T Campolo (however you spell it)

Beware that Campagnolo uses a nonstandard 135mm hole pattern for many of their chainrings. Chances are, that ring will only go on a Campy crank.

I realize that now, thanks Chalo. When I purchased it I kinda knew how that brand was unique. But I wanted it for a frocking around fab project.

999zip999 said:
I keep in 52t and just use the 7sp.
Yeah when you motorize the bike, hardly ever use any speeds ;) just a few speeds, so technically only need a 3 or 4 speed cog in the back an 11T and large one then a 2'er (Lycra style) up front a really small and really big, but that may frock up the "Capacity"

I only really just help the motor along on any incline whether its very minimal slope I will give a few pumps with both legs, or if I am feeling lazy, do the ole push down on the knee with the high leg, but on steeper slopes I giver all I can. Thats why I wanna do a 52T or 53T but I realize if I wanna keep stock, I gotta snatch up them Shimano 52T's and hope the BCD is correct.

@ addicted2climbing,

If you have a FSA / Sram crankset you could have a 110 BCD , so a Shimano or aftermarket chainrings for Shimano would not work since they are most always 130 BCD

Contact FSA directly , they will sell you a new chainring with the correct BCD to match your Crank, ( When I called them their price was at par or even lower than other places )

In regards to your motor, I have a 201 RPM Version of the Q100c, I only get about 20 mph out of it in a 700c wheel , 22-23 max with no wind, flat ground , medium-large amount of effort from my legs.
So
even though you have the Q 128 , still I think you got sent the 328 rpm version.

I live in a hilly area, I have a 20 speed drive train ( 2 x 10 ) on my Road Bike with Q100c motor, I most always use at least 17-18 of those gears on each ride that is not completely flat.
Anyone who says they /or you only need a couple , are not using their legs and cadence correctly, and/or using too much power from the motor .
( sooner or later their knees are going to be suffering )

Back