Need help installing lyen controler on motorino xpe

schprox

1 µW
hey guys

If someone could help me here.
i have a Motorino xpe( same as xpn) and i just purchase a lyen controler and i'm trying to hook it up and i'm a little confused with the wirering.
Anybody have done this?
My new controler is the 18 FET 4110 Mark II High Endurance
here's a picture of my old one...i cant seems to find the throttle and the ebrake
I also wonder where does the speedometer is connected???
I guess i wont be able to use the cct switch anymore correct?
If someone could help me, would be really appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• bldc-controler-lowres.jpg
    bldc-controler-lowres.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 570
Most likely you'll need to simply trace out the wiring from the original controller connectors on the bike to what they go to, to find out which is which.

To see what wire is which on the connectors, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltages on the wires at the connectors, with the old controller plugged in.

Thanks amberwolf

but this is what i been trying to do but still cant figure out 2 things...throttle and e brake

Ant I also want to know how could i connect the spedometer

There should be a three wire plug on the scooter that is for the throttle, that plug goes with the three wire throttle plug of the Lyen. That is if Motorino hasn't changed things around, they tend to do that a lot. Your digital speedometer talks with the Motorino controller electronically and will not work with the Lyen. I don't know if there's a solution to make it work, I have an older Motorino with mechanical speedo. Your E-brake needs a 12V automotive relay that you can find at Canadian Tire and you'll have to wire it like the drawing below.

killswitch_lyen1.jpg

Thanks mistercrash
There is no 3 wire plug on my old controler
Like you said, motorino probably changed things around..this is why im trying to figure out ...hope someone have an answer for me
I cant get an answer from motorino..

What is that plug that says "alarm"? The alarm I had was not connected to the controller, it was just connected to a 12V supply from the DC/DC converter. Either that is your throttle or that plug with the question marks, three of the wires in it might be the throttle and the others are for your digital speedo?.

Thanks again mistercrash

The alarm connector was connected to the alarm speaker module
You might be right about the other connector
3 wires from that connector with the interrogation must be it

But i still dont know which one would be the e brake
Motorino wires are so confusing, they use different colours from the front to the back

Is there a way i can be sure about it? I don't want to blow something up
What about the motor phase wires, is it standard? is blue goes with the blue and yellow with yellow..

That project stating to look like out of my league :s

Thanks again for your help

Back