Need help with chosing e-bike kit

Jonathan in Hiram said:
I eventually didn't buy it because it didn't quite meet my requirements (I want to go a bit faster than this would take me) but I was quoted $173 for a 20" front motor (without rim or spokes), sine controller, throttle, pedelec sensor, dual speed switch and LCD and another $78 for shipping to the US for a total of $251.

Pretty reasonable, I'd say. I might just have to pick one up for myself...

Jonathan in Hiram said:
I spent months dithering over my latest ebike purchase and I already had an ebike to ride, every option seems to have some negative facets to it. How much time do you have before you plan on leaving for your trip?

When I got a quote from them the Xiongda 2 speed motor kit was remarkably inexpensive for shipping to the US compared to what I see companies like bmsbattery ask for and the kit itself was fairly reasonable too. If you have to climb through the mountains and then do a lot of flat cruising I think you should look into the Xiongda seriously as an option.

You can email Yona, a customer service person at Xiongda, and she will get back fairly quickly with a quote including shipping if you tell her what you are looking for, voltage, front, rear, wheel size, what sort of controller, throttle, pedelec, display and so on and your location of course.

yona@xiongdamotor.com.cn

http://www.electricbike.com/2-speed-e-matic-xiongda/

I have time. Winter is coming, and i dont want too lose my "jewels" on the Alps :D. Xiongda 2 speed motor sounds cool from what i read. I need motor for flat cruising because i plan on doing at least 50km just with my strength( basically i need motor for emergency, if some shit happens or if i wear my self down with continuous riding).

But i did notice d8veh already recomanded Xiongda 2 and i did read its review and again d8veh name came up. so i would like to know what he think about. Xiongda 2 or bafang 500w?

And if you are wondering what is that feared climb : http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2799716-climbing-part/#/z7/45.82879,6.79504/terrain
this is the hardest climb on my trip, there is 4-5 more but i can solo them with ease. Now will i make it if the motor would drag me down, i dont know, because i never climbed with that on my rear wheel. ( and with extra 25 kg).

Ok.

Guys, sry but i gave you wrong info. Because my bike didnt have disc brakes i thought that my dropout wight was 135mm, well i was wrong. Its 150mm. AND that changes all. Can motor for 135mm, be mounted on 150mm?

what are my options now?

Back