Nervagon's Directionless, and Ghosted Build

Following!

Oh yes, I've done this before, honestly worked out great. I did it for chainline not Q factor and some self convincing was required before I (very carefully) took an angle grinder to my BB.

Weird how that country that may or may not be shaped like a boot has an, uh, interesting history with engineering. What is this forum for if not making things work in spite of manufacturers best efforts to stop us.

Damn bro. Major bad bike luck.

Worst case scenario, grab a frame off ebay?

Maybe a flat file and some determination might be able to fix the BB. Washers/shims to get to where you need to go.

Damn, nice bottom bracket cups!

Do you have a cassette with a 10T rear sprocket?

You could be right!

I'm also having bad bike luck.

Took the BSO over to the bike shop to have them extract the shitty stock BB that requires some oddball tool
They end up having to manhandle it and face one side of the bottom bracket.
They say i didn't lose even a millimeter. we'll see when i pick it up!

You can't flip the motor brackets around? I think if you did, it would just be a matter of using different spacers for the drive unit. You would also get more of those cups' threads into the BB.

I don't think all these little holes in the short mount connect to anything so the order which you place the brackets shouldn't matter.
Also it should fix that issue you had with the bolt sticking out on the other side.

Damn, i see that now..

mm, the joys of a modified frame! you may also have to flip the position of the chainring, so we don't have a collision with the frame.

...yeah, i would personally put an edge on that plate.. i'm told those slidey bits are for an additional tensioner.. i can't see you using that feature.

That BB should be pretty damn strong if you can get those last bits of cup strength. I'm kind of dazzled at how much nicer of an interface you have.. you may have inspired me to buy a modern bike, lol.

The welds of my chainstay yoke interfere with flipping the plates. I don't have clearance.
Pshaw. Welds. What are they good for, anyway? ;)

Back